The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I just seen Arnold Allen choked out Mads Burnell in the UFC

I honestly don't remember Mads being in the UFC at all
Me neither, I just checked Mads' Wiki and saw he went 1-2 with the UFC with his lone W coming sandwiched between the L's so guess UFC didn't see much in him at the time, they couldn't work out contract, thought he was boring, etc. He then went on to fight 4 times in Cage Warriors before returning stateside with Bellator. He's still just 28.

Honestly, this card is one of the funnest in terms of pre-fight hype. I don't think it's getting the attention it deserves from the general community, or at least I don't feel like the energy is there

There's so many good fights and storylines here, my god

It's finally official, Thug Rose should come out on top in this one if she's able to avoid the takedowns. Rose has improved leaps and bounds since their original fight. Can't wait for 274!

Dana going to bat for Leon Edwards was not something I was expecting

“Let’s get Leon (Edwards) his fight (against Kamaru Usman), that’d be great to get that done. But the other one is it’d be good to see Jon Jones back this year,” White said to BT Sport. “He says he wants to fight heavyweight. I’d like to get a Jon Jones fight at heavyweight this year if possible.”

“How much bad like has that kid been through? He’s been through it all and there was a time, this was a couple of weeks ago, I don’t know if you heard me, but I was talking about how nobody wanted to fight Khamzat, he was going to fight Khamzat, twice,” White continued about Edwards-Usman. “In the position, he was in, you can’t take anything away from this kid. He absolutely deserves the next title shot and yes, I’m wishing for nothing but good luck for Edwards this year. He’s had a rough run. Usman, we’re waiting for his hand to get cleared and he’s got the fight.”

Leon is cool it'd be cool to see him as champ... but idk, I don't see it

Unless Usman is losing his motivation which is very very possible considering the circumstances

Usman would steamroll Conor but we all know it would do numbers. I'd rather Conor fight Nate again or even someone like RDA.

Also I could see them trying to turn around Usman quickly if he does indeed fight Leon this July and put him in that Abu Dhabi card against Khamzat should he beat Burns. And if Charles beats Justin a fight with Islam should be a no brainer. What a card that would be!

Lol I guess if you know you’re going to lose your next fight might as well maximize your earnings doing it

It’s unfortunate that today the lines are blurred between having a wild take to stay relevant and just being plain delusional. I’m hoping Dana does his diligence and keep the ball rolling on putting on legit fights. We experienced years of these super fights and drama filled promos, and tbh nothing prominent comes out of them while real title fights are hung up.

Back
Top Bottom