The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Wasn’t it done before the incident. A lot of folks were accusing them of setting him up. They’re known pranksters. I saw they were trying to blame someone else.

I didn’t know who they were prior to listening to a few MMA podcasts.

Dana should get on the phone with Will Smith and Chris Rock.

Colby so cringe but I did end up listening to that Full Send pod and one guy did challenge him that he really lost to Usman in the second fight. Then Colby gets flustered and you can tell is stumbling for words to say he believes he actually won. It was fimed prior to the Masvidal incident but in the beginning they joke one of their guys set Colby up.

Leon just be giving the most vanilla interviews lol. He actually has an interesting background but man, he got like zero charisma :lol: that's tough when your job is MMA

Brian Campbell brought up a good point which echos what I was questioning: he wished that Askarov v Kara-France was a 5 round fight, especially for a supposed #1 contender fight

imo it was a coin flip decision. Another 2 rounds would have been fun

It makes much more sense to prepare fighters for a title shot by putting them in a 5 round main event beforehand

Am I just old and washed? I have no idea who/what Nelk is
I've seen them on my Youtube and saw the Colby interview but still don't get why or how they are famous. But I don't have my finger on the pulse with famous people today, especially if they are young. A couple of years back, I finally looked into Adam of No Jumper and boy do I feel dumb for doing that. Sadly, his videos get kicked to me all the time and I sometimes eventually watch some of it.

Yeah. Askarov/Kara France should have been five rounds. It was such a close fight. But I’m sure Askarov is still going to be in the title contention conversation. He was off for a year off. Whereas Kai had been busy.

Jiri only fought once in 2020, once in 2021 and now will be once in 2022 (I doubt he fights again in 2022)

On one hand he should be very fresh. On the other, that's not a lot of fights in 3 years

Hope he wins though. I would like the division to move on from Glover and Jan

Without any data id say the majority of upper echelon fighters are now fighting once a year.... kinda sux tbh. For the fighters and the fans

A lot of factors go into it

Especially with COVID and Visa issues

It's a mixed bag. For instance Usman fought 3 times in 2021 while someone like Volk fought once in 2020 and once in 2021

Usually, once a fighter becomes champ you tend to see the fights slow down... but someone who is on the come up, I don't think that's necessarily common to fight so little and maintain such a high contender status

But again with COVID it threw a lot of things out of whack when you couple that with how Dana is now scheduling events like a year in advance

Back
Top Bottom