The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I bet if you threw together a chart of the top 10 at every division including the champ the fight average per year is trending closer to 1 than 2 YOY for the last cpl years

you know Uncle Dana gotta keep them boys hungry less they get any ideas of pursuing their value outside the company

Just getting into the Burns interview with Luke and BC. Good to see Usman back training at Sanford's even if its only part time. Even with a win against Khamzhat he's still probably a couple more wins from another shot, especially if Usman is still the champ.

Just getting into the Burns interview with Luke and BC. Good to see Usman back training at Sanford's even if its only part time. Even with a win against Khamzhat he's still probably a couple more wins from another shot, especially if Usman is still the champ.
The way I see it, if Burns beats Chimaev, he still might need one more win (I think Luque might actually take that from Burns ironically)

By that time, imo, Usman won't be champ anymore (for whatever multitude of possible reasons)

I don't think Usman has much time left in MMA imo. If Chimaev dominates Burns, I'd still be surprised if Usman and Chimaev ever fought for the belt. I hate to say that and I hope I'm wrong

I'm very interested to see how Usman looks in his next fight this summer after coming off the surgery. If he's fully recovered I could see him going on another two year run but that's a big if as these last few fights seem to be taking a toll on his health.

If he beats Leon, to then reset and go up against the next wave of contenders is honestly a tall order

I think there's a lot of factors into why he might exit and/or have a greater chance to lose to an opponent:

His family- he's been having to take these long camps away from his daughter and he seems like a very devout family man

His body- dude been grinding for so many years, that has to take a toll and with the surgeries and what not

Boxing- feel like even if it isn't Canelo, he is aiming for that one final pay day so he can just sail into being a family man

Motivation- he's beat all the best in the division, and a lot of them twice. At some point every champ loses their motivation or focus. We seen it with the GOATS in Nunes, GSP, Anderson, Jon Jones, Khabib etc. I feel like he's approaching that territory (maybe he moves up to 185 and Izzy moves to 205?)

Oh man, this is a very tough opponent and even lesser ranked/known

I think this is the cat that said he wants to be the first "true African champ" :lol:

Ooooof at Askarov... no wonder he was so devastated. I understand he has no personality and no hype but 26k???? 26k??????? that's sooooooooo terrible. It's a ******* SHAME

I kind of am losing track of context on these payouts but Daukaus and Wood and Barberena really making that much more than France? wtf

I figured Blaydes and Magny wouldn't be making that much either and that Dana hated them

Bro I'm seriously looking at France's management, like, that is a TERRIBLE contract. So bad. I mean, Fiorot isn't getting paid much less. Jessussssss

Curtis Blaydes: $312,000 — $131,000 to show, $131,000 to win plus $50,000 for Performance of the Night

Chris Daukaus: $80,000

Alexa Grasso: $86,000 — $43,000 to show, $43,000 to win

Joanne Wood: $70,000

Kai Kara-France: $102,000 — $51,000 to show, $51,000 to win

Askar Askarov: $26,000

Bryan Barberena: $172,000 — $61,000 to show, $61,000 to win plus $50,000 for Fight of the Night award from UFC Columbus

Matt Brown: $155,000 — $105,000 to show plus $50,000 for Fight of the Night

Manon Fiorot: $80,000 — $40,000 to show, $40,000 to win

Jennifer Maia: $60,000

Neil Magny: $230,000 — $115,000 to show, $115,000 to win

Max Griffin: $53,000

Marc Diakiese: $66,000 — $33,000 to show, $33,000 to win

Viachaslav Borshchev — $12,000

Sara McMann: $88,000 — $44,000 to show, $44,000 to win

Karol Rosa: $28,000

Chris Gutierrez: $122,000 — $36,000 to show, $36,000 to win plus $50,000 for Performance of the Night

Batgerel Danaa: $28,000

Matheus Nicolau: $44,000 — $22,000 to show, $22,000 to win

David Dvorak: $35,000

Aliaskhab Khizriev: $20,000 — $10,000 to show, $10,000 to win

Denis Tiuliulin: $12,000

Luis Saldana: $24,000 — $12,000 to show, $12,000 to win

Bruno Souza: $12,000

I hope Shavkat and khamzat don’t cross paths until a title
Why?

Im wholly confused by this movement to push guys to a title they dont earn... to me thats the whole point. I wanna see a guy on at least a 4-5 fight win streak in there with the champ. But I get it. Its WWF

Why?

Im wholly confused by this movement to push guys to a title they dont earn... to me thats the whole point. I wanna see a guy on at least a 4-5 fight win streak in there with the champ. But I get it. Its WWF

I don’t like seeing new guys who can be built up pit against each other early in there ufc career. Kinda like how they didn’t have Izzy and costa fight until it was a title fight if that makes any sense

Back
Top Bottom