The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

20220402_195335.jpg

A Burns-Colby fight would be very telling about both guys. Colbys wins have aged very poorly, really wish he'd fought someone in the top 10 after he beat a washed T Wood. Outside of Mas he hasn't beaten anyone in the current top 15 and now is calling out a guy who has never fought at WW. Really don't want to see the Dustin fight materialize.

I honestly don't take nothing away from Colby simply based off the fact of how well he fought Usman

He arguably won the rematch

He beat a still game RDA and Maia

If Chimaev didn't exist then Burns v Colby would definitely be the fight to make... it's just that Usman beat both of em so it's nice to give Chimaev a chance to get into the title shot

Lol Colby literally was the interim champ, what is burns talking about? Burns fought Maia, Woolley, and Thompson….all old :lol:

Burns need to focus on CHIMAEV
Interim Champion = #1 Contender unless your name was Renan Barao.

It was shenanigans when UFC made that RDA/Covington interim title fight. Tyron fought Till a few months later. And then lost to Usman.

Colby selectively chooses folks on the decline or to his advantage a la Lawler, Woodley, Masvidal or Porier. Yes, he fought Usman twice very competitively but he’s avoided Burns, Wonderboy, Chimaev, Edwards, etc.

Interim Champion = #1 Contender unless your name was Renan Barao.

It was shenanigans when UFC made that RDA/Covington interim title fight. Tyron fought Till a few months later. And then lost to Usman.

Colby selectively chooses folks on the decline or to his advantage a la Lawler, Woodley, Masvidal or Porier. Yes, he fought Usman twice very competitively but he’s avoided Burns, Wonderboy, Chimaev, Edwards, etc.
Honestly don’t get what you are saying. Burns was at lightweight when Colby was a contender. Why would Colby fight Chimaev? Burns is the gatekeeper.

Honestly don’t get what you are saying. Burns was at lightweight when Colby was a contender. Why would Colby fight Chimaev? Burns is the gatekeeper.
I honestly don’t get what you’re saying.

Covington should fight top WWs instead of call out LWs. Unless, he’s given up chasing the title and instead is going for money fights.

Burns fought Woodley before Covington. Burns fought Wonderboy. Burns has called out Covington. And Burns took a risky fight in Chimaev.

not sure where all this Covington energy is coming from but Burns' resume and road to the title shot isn't as impressive as Colby's was

why would Edwards fight Colby... he was already in line for a title shot

Burns was already scheduled to fight Wonderboy

the Colby v Jorge fight needed to happen with the feud + money

Burns v Chimaev is the perfect fight to make for the division, Colby already lost twice so he is doing the smart thing and just trying to aim for marquee matches

don't see what the fuss is about, y'all been saying Francis should go to boxing and leave MMA so let Colby try to make his money too, at least it's in MMA. Nobody is rushing to see Colby back into a title shot anyway

There is no energy. It’s directly in response to Burns comments.

Colby isn’t fighting Porier. Dustin will not put money in his pockets especially after his distasteful comments.

Maybe make anti Islamic comments and call out Islam or Khabib. Or make anti Russian comments. I dunno.

I’m not against him chasing the bag. He’s not getting a title shot soon.

Edit: Context is everything. Gilbert was trying to setup a fight with Colby:

Izzy’s troll NFT lol. Had no idea that’s how it worked.

Last edited:
Longo been going so hard for Aljo on the Anik podcast for the past month or two :lol:

Looking back at the fight, Aljo def started really well. Yan always gets going later in fights

Longo been going so hard for Aljo on the Anik podcast for the past month or two :lol:

Looking back at the fight, Aljo def started really well. Yan always gets going later in fights
He did train with Merab....(#6 BW).

You can't make mistakes with Yan. Aljo definitely seemed anxious. I thought he was doing solid rounds 1-2. Round 3, Peter did his usual thing. I think the more telling thing about that fight was Peter was taking Aljo down while Aljo was nil.

They stand up, Peter is going to take him apart. Hopefully, Longo got a game plan. I think Aljo has a chance.

I have Yan in the fight Saturday, I think he weathers Aljo's early storm, avoids any subs and wears Aljo down in the later rounds to get a late TKO.

I have Yan in the fight Saturday, I think he weathers Aljo's early storm, avoids any subs and wears Aljo down in the later rounds to get a late TKO.
It's possible.

I don't want to do MMA Math. Aljo wasn't going to get TKO'd in their first fight. Neither did Sandhagen.

It's crazy that the BW fight isn't the ME. It's worthy of the Main Event. But they keep playing this higher weight thing versus marquee fight or bigger stars.

DJ another one of those lost souls when it comes to fighter pay

So stuck in the old school, dumb *** mindset

He's on with Ariel now

Back
Top Bottom