The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I personally don’t give a rats *** about the Strickland v cannnoier fight

Neither guy is a threat to get the belt and the matchup itself is pure meh

The division is one of if not the worst there is

Too bad they couldn’t remake rockhold vs Strickland, that’s the one fight in the division that would get my attention other than whittaker vs costa

“I’m actually glad that he retired, man. You will not meet a human being that meets Luke Rockhold and says, ‘Man, this is a solid guy. I want to go hang out with him.’ Luke Rockhold is the definition of what an uptight c*nt is, and I’m glad that I do not have to hear his name or see him in the MMA community.” -Sean Strickland

It doesn’t even have to be big timing, Leon could just say Jorge needs a couple wins first.

Dude had a fun run that got him to an unwarranted title shot and he lost to Usman twice and Colby. He ain’t championship material at this stage of his career.

No reason masvidal and Colby should not have fought each other when they were both coming off an Usman L the first time

Would be cool to see him go up just because the 205 could always use more guys and his time at 185 just seems pointless now

“I’ve been thinking about 205 a fair bit,” Whittaker said on Submission Radio. “The problem is, I wouldn’t go to 205 to come back down to 185, just because I don’t want to go to 205 as a fat 185, right? [Laughs]. You see a lot of guys try that and they just get starched. And then they come back down. It doesn’t make sense.”

“Once I make the decision to go up to 205, I’m there,” Whittaker said. “That’ll be my division. I’d finish my career there, for better or worse. I’m doing really well at 185. Really well. I’m definitely one of the most dangerous men in the division.”

The size difference for guys going up from WW to MW or LHW is always very apparent and seems to rarely go well. If Izzy is able to get the win over Pereira then he definitely should at least try his hand at 205 again as I do think he'd have a chance against Jiri or Glover (if that rematch is indeed made first) but both could use their size advantage like Jan did.

Back
Top Bottom