The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I like the strickland x cannonier match up, should be a real cracker

Do you give Izzy another immediate TS at 205 AGAIN?

Or do you give him a warm up fight?
Ankalaev and Jan both have cases for a shot but its looking like they make the Jiri/Glover rematch first. I wouldn't be mad at Izzy getting the winner if he wins at MSG later this year. Ankalaev and Jan don't move the needle at all and would likely be pushed aside if Izzy says he wants to go up. I really can't see him taking a warm up fight and risking a loss first, 205 needs all the attention it can get at this point.

Worth checking out or are they just talking over each other constantly?
I am watching it now. They almost get into blows starting around 38:40 mark.

I honestly don't even know who these guys are. It's entertaining enough as I work at home but it's normal MMA banter to me.

Rob at 205 seems like a terrible idea. He's already a tad chinny and would be outsized significantly by most in the division.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr I've only seen Sabatello's last fight and he's a pressure wrestler kind of similar to Chael and his talk seems like he's going for Chael's schtick also. I'm not a fan so far and really hope Stots humbles him. I also just checked and see the Sabatello/Stots matchup isn't until Dec. 9th smh. Seems like a waste to do this appearance so early before the fight.

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr I've only seen Sabatello's last fight and he's a pressure wrestler kind of similar to Chael and his talk seems like he's going for Chael's schtick also. I'm not a fan so far and really hope Stots humbles him. I also just checked and see the Sabatello/Stots matchup isn't until Dec. 9th smh. Seems like a waste to do this appearance so early before the fight.
It was decent, I listen to pods all day at work so Just depends on how much time you have lol

I want to see a good scrap, the bellator 125 lb division isn’t too bad either

The fact that it’s not til December tho yeah it doesn’t make a lot of sense to do these interviews now

Khabib cousin finally getting the bellator title shot in November
Aj McKee didn’t say much about usman today when asked directly

I was hoping he’d chime in more since he’s going up to 155

Aj said he predicts usman to definitely beat Patricky but also said “he’s a wrestler” lmao. Feel like he don’t be watching many usman fights

stotts and sabetello went on morning kombat right after Ariel lol

Brian Campbell asked if Ariel had the balls to get between them lol

The size difference for guys going up from WW to MW or LHW is always very apparent and seems to rarely go well. If Izzy is able to get the win over Pereira then he definitely should at least try his hand at 205 again as I do think he'd have a chance against Jiri or Glover (if that rematch is indeed made first) but both could use their size advantage like Jan did.

Jiri-Izzy is my current UFC dream match. Samurai vs stylebender, kung fu movie ish. Jiri is always aggressive so it fits with Izzy’s counter-striker style. And if Jiri hurts him Izzy might be forced to open up too.

Imagine after all their dominance, we see back to back Usman then Izzy dropped.
That’s the dna of the sport

It’ll happen sooner or later, just like with all the champs before them

Look at jon Jones, he got beat by reyes and arguably lost against santos

Hendricks beat Gsp and condit was that close too

Khabib was the one I really wanted to see tested over the span of many years

Ankalaev and Jan both have cases for a shot but it's looking like they make the Jiri/Glover rematch first. I wouldn't be mad at Izzy getting the winner if he wins at MSG later this year. Ankalaev and Jan don't move the needle at all and would likely be pushed aside if Izzy says he wants to go up. I really can't see him taking a warm up fight and risking a loss first, 205 needs all the attention it can get at this point.
I feel you

I ask mainly because he was basically shut out his last attempt....

I don't think Dana wants to risk another failed attempt at Double Champ status....If izzy goes up and comes up short again, not going to be a good look.

If you are Dana you don't want guys constantly leaving their division to become double champ if its not plausible.

Jiri, Reyes, Rakic, Jan and Glover are all TOUGH fights for SB, none of these are given.

The size difference for guys going up from WW to MW or LHW is always very apparent and seems to rarely go well. If Izzy is able to get the win over Pereira then he definitely should at least try his hand at 205 again as I do think he'd have a chance against Jiri or Glover (if that rematch is indeed made first) but both could use their size advantage like Jan did.
I want to see Yiri vs Izzy

I don’t even want to see him fight…

It’s been years. Game passed him by and the hunger isn’t there. That rise was epic and magical. He’ll always be remembered for that run. And is probably the company’s biggest star.

But we can’t pretend like he or Masvidal are really title contenders.

But we can’t pretend like he or Masvidal are really title contenders.

As someone who isn’t invested in either, I agree on this, but I also think not every fight has to necessarily be about rankings or working toward a title shot. I’d like to see less of an emphasis on this for fighters who are past it and still want to continue fighting that there is a demand for. Sometimes it can just be about the entertainment and seeing characters that excite, and just about that fight and that night, matchup, and moment.

Back
Top Bottom