The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Massive frame, look how wide his shoulders are

God bless him for cutting 46 pounds to knock heads clean off

Alex at 205 👀

I'm still digusted that Leon got booed against Gunnar Nelson... In the ****ing UK. What does that even mean??
Without going there I think a lot of casuals assumed one was British and the other wasn't, if you catch the drift.
Same **** happens in the U.S.

Also I can’t recall exactly but I believe they were booing the style of their fight

It wasn’t too exciting from what I recall but yeah they were definitely booing Leon specifically lol

Did he resign? Isn’t that an update we want to hear?

Izzy got $7 mill per fight in his latest contract. I’m sure Francis would like the same and that Fury fight.

Did he resign? Isn’t that an update we want to hear?

Izzy got $7 mill per fight in his latest contract. I’m sure Francis would like the same and that Fury fight.
$7 million a fight is a joke for a champion of his stature.

Given how much revenue Endeavor is taking in from the UFC brand.

…hope he at least gets PPV points on top of that.

RJ Barrett, an NBA player who's around the top 50 - 100 players at best in the NBA is earning $11 million next season.
The best middleweight in the world earned $7 million his last fight. Dana really is a piece of ****.

RJ Barrett, an NBA player who's around the top 50 - 100 players at best in the NBA is earning $11 million next season.
The best middleweight in the world earned $7 million his last fight. Dana really is a piece of ****.

Would have been a fraction of that if Conor never moved the goal posts like he did :smh:

And Kamaru got such a level head it's crazy. Expecting a great comeback from him.

like I said: one of the few fights at 185 that would be worthwhile

Strickland v Luke

Luke didn’t look like he needed to retire. He gave Costa a good test and the altitude was def a big factor

Luke Rockhold continued, “So, I want to get my body back, but I’ll never close the door [on MMA]. Once I get my health fully back, and I get my body where I want, and I start performing and not hurting myself, [then] maybe, maybe, maybe, I’ll make another run at this thing – one, two, three years down the line. I honestly feel like I’m only getting better. The way I’m treating my body and changing the game.”

$7 million a fight is a joke for a champion of his stature.

Given how much revenue Endeavor is taking in from the UFC brand.

…hope he at least gets PPV points on top of that.
That’s pretty high comparatively to other fighters not named Conor or Khabib.

I do agree relative to other sports and the revenue of the UFC, it might not be fair.

The only reason Francis is chasing brain damage from Tyson Fury is due to the low pay of the IFC (he made $500K before PPV points). Notice how the UFC made wack cards around the two problem childs (Francis and Nate).

MMA is still a mess. Wild that at one point Jon Jones had a Nike deal. Brock had a deal with Jimmy John’s and was allowed to rock it on his Reebok.
In DC voice, “the reality is” most athletes are going to pursue NBA or NFL money. Soccer, Nascar, Boxing, Hockey, Baseball all have higher pay ceilings. MMA is like America: crooked.
Would have been a fraction of that if Conor never moved the goal posts like he did :smh:

And Kamaru got such a level head it's crazy. Expecting a great comeback from him.
Conor definitely moved the goal posts. But GSP and Ronda set the precedent beforehand. Conor, GSP, and Ronda definitely are the three most popular MMA fighters of all time (followed by Nate, Masvidal, Chuck Liddell, Tito, etc).

Conor definitely moved the goal posts. But GSP and Ronda set the precedent beforehand. Conor, GSP, and Ronda definitely are the three most popular MMA fighters of all time (followed by Nate, Masvidal, Chuck Liddell, Tito, etc).

Yeah you're right about GSP & Ronda.

Did those two get PPV points??

Probably have to give some credit to Brock also. I gotta imagine he was getting some piece of the PPV.

Brock too. The ones I cited were all millionaires. Big names. Brock moved the needle and was able to wear HIS sponsor on his fight kit.

Crazy…Ronda and Brock went to the WWE, where they make more millions. GSP and Conor have Hollywood interests.

Jon supposedly makes $5 million a fight. But he never moved the needle like those other guys, which is wild with all of his controversies and antics. Probably the greatest winner despite the Santos and Reyes fights.

Back
Top Bottom