The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I think they do either chimaev vs colby or if izzy beats Alex they give chimaev a straight away title shot

If Alex wins they give Izzy a rematch and have chimaev fight colby

Orrrrr, third option, Dana screws usman and gives chimaev the title shot against Leon. Wouldn’t surprise me in the least. Though I think the other two options are more likely

There’s no one at middleweight so it wouldn’t surprise me at all

At 170- with how much praise Dana gave chimaev they could do Leon vs chimaev and then have a second WW fight under them for insurance

I just don't see Dana rewarding Khamzat with a title shot after he basically ruined their plans of Nate leaving off an ugly L. You can tell Dana was holding back on saying what he really wanted during that press conference last night.

I think they either match him up with Colby or Costa at MW til the Edward's/Usman fight is done.

Colby or Costa would be great

I’m just not as optimistic on Dana doing the right thing as you guys are I guess lol

Especially at 185 where weight wouldn’t be an issue and there’s no contenders

If he would've smashed Diaz, he definitely would've got a title shot. Even at 185 I could see it. But him being the sole reason of Nate leaving with his stock at its highest and having to pay the fighters more money for the reshuffle. Yeah I don't see him getting rewarded with that lol.

I’m sure now that the event is over the cameras aren’t rolling. Dana is probably sharing with Khamzat how he feels.

Scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours is the mentality in the company. His vocal disregard for weighing in, putting the card in jeopardy aren’t exactly going to endear him with Hunter, Dana, and Shawn Shelby.

I give JRE credit for asking the question that was on the minds of the fans, the fighters, and the company.

I’d say prove it. Fight Covington. Fight Costa. Or Whitaker. Then we’ll give you that title shot.

I’m not saying you can’t get rewarded for messing up. But as Steveoo1 said, you literally affected their business. And it’s a business bottom line.

I dunno if Dana cares about spilled milk like that regarding Nate

They actually praised Diaz the whole week and gave him a pretty nice send off. They weren’t as bitter towards him as I thought they’d be

They’re rich regardless and can make boat loads more with Chimaev as a whole new level of villain nobody was expecting

There’s so many options for chimaev I wouldn’t be surprised at anything

They have to do that becuz there’s the possibility of resigning him.

Despite his comments, they wants to keep Diaz. He’s one of the biggest names in MMA.

Typically, they do only championship headed cards. But Nate is one of the few stars, besides Conor, who they can put on the top of a card and put butts in seat.

And the UFC petty. Ask Rory. Ask Francis. Ask Nate. They literally put all of them against the new it guy and wanted them to lose.

And you don’t play with peoples money. Chimaev literally almost derailed a card at the last minute and was indifferent to it.

Again, long term, he has the potential to develop into a star. He’s got a dominate presence like Khabib. Checks the Islamic category. Checks the European demographic. And on paper can become one of the biggest stars.

Honestly, the Costa or Covington fight aren’t a bad thing for him. Just raises his stock and exposure.

I also forgot that Nate was very pleasant towards Dana and the ufc after the fight

“He’s been here forever,” White said of Diaz at the UFC 279 post-fight press conference. “It’s been a blast having him here. I wish him well.

“Me and him had this discussion months ago at the offices. Whatever he moves on to do, I wish him nothing but the best. He’s starting his own organization or getting into promoting or doing something else, I wish him nothing but the best of luck. It’s been awesome having him here.”

“No matter what Nate does from here on out, this is his house,” White said.

Latest from the drama YouTube page.

Looks like a reporter asked Khamzat about the cough Whitaker and Covington fight. He said he respected Whitaker and wouldn’t want to fight him.

Latest from the drama YouTube page.

Looks like a reporter asked Khamzat about the cough Whitaker and Covington fight. He said he respected Whitaker and wouldn’t want to fight him.

I think the obvious fight at 185 (outside Izzy) is Costa and it seems like Dana is already leaning towards 185 instead of 170

I have no clue what to do with Whittaker, maybe see if he's interested in moving to 205

“I like that guy, so I don’t wanna fight good guys,” Chimaev said. “I need some bad guys, so I wanna fight some bad guys.”

“I want to train with that guy. He’s really good, like one of the best guys in the world. I was watching his fight. … I’m a big fan, so I watch all things. I watch how he trains, and all these things. A lot of guys want to fight me, so Robert never said something bad about me. There’s a lot of guys talking sh*t about me. I’m gonna go take their heads off, you know? So, we’ll see.”

UFC President Dana White told reporters following UFC 279 that he believes Chimaev would be best served to compete at middleweight (h/t MMAFighting).

“It’s a problem,” White said. “That’s a problem that he missed weight. I don’t know. We’ve got to look at it and figure it out. What makes sense is for him to fight at [185 pounds], so we’ll see.

“It is what it is. It happened. We’ll go back this week and come up with a plan and probably have him fight at [185].”

Chimeav's star power grew like crazy due to a huge unprofessional douche move. MMA yet again is the weirdest sport in that regard

He missed out on the spoils of beating a star like Nate yet all of this negativity and hate actually gonna allow him reach a new level of fame anyway :lol:

Now people really want to see him lose. I hope he keeps winning, I really like his style of fighting

Nate who was engaging in antics in the third round? Who probably play quit in the third round after Tony compromised his leg?

Mannnnnn….he’s probably not going to be a high level boxer. But the lack of kicking and wrestling will definitely be a fresh of fresh air as he chases the boxing bag.

Triple threat douche match. Li for that dirty eye gauge on the ground!! Covington for insulting below the belt to Porier and Masvidal!! Khamzat for missing the weight and ignoring the high five to take down Holland!!

Mike Heck and Alexander Lee saying Colby's lawsuit may prevent any matches to be made with him in the near future

Sucks
Thought Dana said they talked with Colby and he's looking to get back in by end of the year or early next year.

Don't matter who, I just want to see Chimaev keep on fighting. Man's a generational type talent. Making multiple ranked fighters put up empty stat sheets is wild.

Colby has been hella quiet too, very unusual. Seems related to the lawsuit as well. They prob told him to lay low and make money in other ways until the lawsuit is settled

I wonder if they gonna hit Jorge hard in the wallet lol

Thought Dana said they talked with Colby and he's looking to get back in by end of the year or early next year.

Don't matter who, I just want to see Chimaev keep on fighting. Man's a generational type talent. Making multiple ranked fighters put up empty stat sheets is wild.
Who really knows. I hope Colby can come back that soon. If it's early next year, that's enough time to make the Chimaev fight

Otherwise if there's murkiness there, I know Dana likes to have planned out fights way in advance with the ESPN deal

They could just pull the trigger on the fight that's right in front of them in Costa

On the other hand, Izzy fights in exactly 2 months, they could wait to see what happens there to make a decision

Who really knows. I hope Colby can come back that soon. If it's early next year, that's enough time to make the Chimaev fight

Otherwise if there's murkiness there, I know Dana likes to have planned out fights way in advance with the ESPN deal

They could just pull the trigger on the fight that's right in front of them in Costa

On the other hand, Izzy fights in exactly 2 months, they could wait to see what happens there to make a decision
Give him Costa, the winner of Brady/Muhammad, even Cannonier since Strickland pulled out.

Damn didn't know Giga pulled out of his fight with Sadiq this weekend :smh:

Back
Top Bottom