The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

That trailer is great.

Can’t complain about the next three cards.

January not sure…

Ariel said on the Ringer podcast that CAA no longer has a MMA division so Francis negotiations should be easier. It sounds like they’re targeting Jon/Francis in March.

That trailer is great.

Can’t complain about the next three cards.

January not sure…

Ariel said on the Ringer podcast that CAA no longer has a MMA division so Francis negotiations should be easier. It sounds like they’re targeting Jon/Francis in March.
March!?!? They really going to keep the belt on ice that long?!? What is happening with Stipe? Seems talk about him and JJ fighting are dead.

Wild they don’t have this on the English UFC channel.

And re: JBJ/Stipe. It’s what Ariel said on the ringer podcast this morning. No one has given an update on the HW division. Stipe has been ghost silent.

I have never been so hyped for a card as much as I will be for next month. We finally going to get tony vs khabib

Anyone who criticizes Kevin Holland for his performance, really doesn’t understand just how impossibly difficult it is to go from an opponent like Daniel Rodriguez, to one like Khamzat Chamaev in the span of 24 hours.

Two completely different fighters on completely different levels of skill.

…wouldn’t be surprised if Holland barely trained wrestling during his camp.

Conor bless never missed weight 🤷‍♂️
I mean Conor moved up from 145 to 155. And has fought at 170 recently. He looks like a huge man who hasn’t seen USADA in a long time.

But agreed professional. Wouldn’t fumble the bag. He was definitely a company man.

That’s the issue with this Khamzat situation. Was not sorry. They put a rocket on his back and his economic prospects were going to be high with all the title talk. Dude seems mad immature.

And Davey…much props to all of the guys in the top three fights. The opponents changed super last minute. Like Nate said…he didn’t even train boxing just wrestling for the Khamzat fight. Leech deserves his win bonus for fighting a completely different opponent who was 10-pounds heavier. Tony probably didn’t train for five rounds. And Kevin Holland was screwed. Last minute, five round fight, and Khamzat Chimaev. Automatic L.

Anyone who criticizes Kevin Holland for his performance, really doesn’t understand just how impossibly difficult it is to go from an opponent like Daniel Rodriguez, to one like Khamzat Chamaev in the span of 24 hours.

Two completely different fighters on completely different levels of skill.

…wouldn’t be surprised if Holland barely trained wrestling during his camp.
Don't think anyone should criticize Holland but the same thing would have happened if he trained for Chimaev for a whole year

He's had the same deficiencies his entire career and he's going to turn 30 in a few months

This is why he'll never be a contender

Bro….I think most 170ers and 185ers would have struggled the same.

Kevin was scrambling and trying to escape the darst (sp). Khamzat is A) strong, B) Amazing wrestler (right up there with the Dagestani killers), and C) Has grappling experience. Kev was taking an automatic L.

Khamzat, outside of the Gilbert Burns fight, has finished all of his opponents in the first round.

Besides Robert Whitaker…who can really stop him at MW? At WW, I kind of think Khamzat’s odds against the holy trinity are good (on a good camp where he’s not with the bs).

That’s why I’d like to see the Colby fight. What if it goes out of the first round? What if he goes against a good wrestler? What if he goes against a cardio machine?

Don't think anyone should criticize Holland but the same thing would have happened if he trained for Chimaev for a whole year

He's had the same deficiencies his entire career and he's going to turn 30 in a few months

This is why he'll never be a contender
He wouldn’ve beaten Rodriguez fairly easily imo.

Pretty ballsy to take a fight with Khamzat on extremely short notice.

…knowing his strength is your major weakness.

His strength is everyone’s weakness. My man picked Leech up and carried him over to Dana White to GnP and submit.

Only Khabib and probably Islam are better in wrestling. They really need to do December. Khamzat is special.

Colby is a sufficient test. So is Whitaker. Costa is just a squash match. I wouldn’t be mad since Costa is on his last fight.

Bro….I think most 170ers and 185ers would have struggled the same.

Kevin was scrambling and trying to escape the darst (sp). Khamzat is A) strong, B) Amazing wrestler (right up there with the Dagestani killers), and C) Has grappling experience. Kev was taking an automatic L.

Khamzat, outside of the Gilbert Burns fight, has finished all of his opponents in the first round.

Besides Robert Whitaker…who can really stop him at MW? At WW, I kind of think Khamzat’s odds against the holy trinity are good (on a good camp where he’s not with the bs).

That’s why I’d like to see the Colby fight. What if it goes out of the first round? What if he goes against a good wrestler? What if he goes against a cardio machine?
I think Izzy styles on him at middleweight.

He won’t have a size advantage and Izzy has gotten pretty good at using footwork and leg kicks to stay at distance and pick guys apart.

Maybe Khamzat is still strong enough to bully him to the ground.

…but it wouldn’t be easy imo.

It would be easy. You can’t kick. Feints? Yeah. Gotta be careful.

BUT. Again, if Izzy makes it past round one. His chances increase exponentially. He’s had five round fights. We don’t know what kind of gas tank Khamzat truly has.

I feel like that’s why the Whitaker matchup is probably more difficult. He’s probably better at defending take downs.

Wrestling is back. Especially at 185.

Back
Top Bottom