The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If you just looked at the 7 fight win streak and didn’t know it was Belal you would easily say that’s a resume of a contender
He’s up there for sure.

Just think with Usman losing to Leon. That sets up a rematch. Khamzat has a rocket ship on his back so he’s probably got next. But if Leon won the Usman rematch, I wouldn’t be mad at a Belal run back.

Division is a lil clogged up top with Gilbert and Colby not fighting anyone recently.

But definitely Shavkat, Brady, and Neal are also moving up if they can get fights (obviously Belal fights Brady. Brady wins he’s probably close to a title shot. Belal wins he definitely has the longest active win streak behind Leon).

Can tell schaub got hurt lol

It’s not Dana’s fault that schaub said something stupid

Idk if schaub still has a big following or not but it’s crazy how much I feel like he’s become irrelevant. Again, I could be technically wrong but I don’t see him being amongst the top tier mma voices like he kinda was hovering around years back

His opinions are about as stupid as chaels are these days

Chael after the whole legal issue lost or was suspended from his ESPN gig. But his channel has a million followers. And he was emceeing the Paul/Silva press conference. He also pops up on Khabib’s EFC. Personally, I’m not a fan of his content. He can spin a good yarn but he says nothing.

Schaub? I looked on YouTube. TFAK has 500K subscribers. Not sure what #s are on his comedy channel or the food truck diaries. My man definitely a millionaire from all his revenue streams, including the Showtime stuff he was doing. He’s definitely leveraged his relationship with Rogan (and his acolytes like Schultz, Diaz, etc) to emerge from MMA as an influencer. Schaub competing with DC, Bisping, Chael, Wonderboy, Sugar Sean, etc for biggest MMA personality (Chael easily the biggest).

Chael probably good with UFC. Schaub definitely on the outside like Ariel, Cyborg, etc.

His whole team saying go to 185

“I wouldn’t (advise him to go back to welterweight). But, the only thing I know with Khamzat is he can make welterweight comfortably because his body carries so much muscle and muscle carries the most water,” Till said to ESPN about Chimaev.

“When you are doing a weight cut, the more muscle you have the easier it is to lose, to drop the weight because your muscle carries a lot of water. You can’t trim fat in one night. Khamzat needs to come in fight week, maybe – it’s not much – one kilo, two kilos lighter and he will make the weight comfortable. Just a few adjustments. He’s still new.”

Back
Top Bottom