The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Don't think anyone should criticize Holland but the same thing would have happened if he trained for Chimaev for a whole year

He's had the same deficiencies his entire career and he's going to turn 30 in a few months

This is why he'll never be a contender

Exactly that - saw some comments about him having a shot and was LOLing

blackcease blackcease

The rematch should bring the best out of both competitors. Leon knows he was struggling from rounds 2 to that moment of five. Usman knows he can’t coast and watch his head movements.

I think, if they’re in the UK, Usman will have the pressure. He’s in the same position as Amanda.

Yeah I only say more pressure is on Leon because they both know Usman basically dominated 4 out of 5 rounds, and Leon has the added pressure of going home and trying to defend his title in front of all of his friends, family, countrymen. Only the second Brit to win a UFC title, that's some real pressure.

But with that said yeah, I hope it brings the best out of both of them.

As far as Khamzat, I think obviously Usman vs Khamzat is the tougher matchup because it looks like nobody is stopping those takedowns and Leon isn't enough of a threat with the submissions to keep things standing like Gilbert could. But Khamzat's coach was talking about going to 185 for the next fight anyway so maybe none of that matters.

They really wanted this matchup to happen. If Costa's next fight isn't with Chimaev, they're missing out on a real heated beef between Costa and Strickland

I know some of you guys like the Cannonier vs Strickland matchup but for me it does absolutely nothing and isn't interesting in the tad bit least

From 6 months ago

“Costa, just so you know, just so you can stop running your f—king mouth, I watched you fight Marvin [Vettori], I would walk through you,” Strickland told The Schmo. “I called you out multiple times before anything. UFC said, ‘f—k no.’ Meaning, I’m gonna beat the s—t out of you, they don’t want me to fight you. That’s what happened, I will show you the messages of them saying no I can’t fight you.

“So Costa, go f—k yourself, and if I see you in Vegas and you want to run this s—t back, anytime you f—king want it, dude,” Strickland continued. “Let’s f—king go, man. You don’t even have to make weight, you little p—y.”

Yeah, Dana isn't really that mad at Chimaev lol. Tellin yall, "punishing" Chimaev really may not be in the cards

And.... Dana may hate Nate but the sentiment was really changing leading up to the fight. Chimaev missing weight and letting Nate get put over/paid more isn't killing Dana...

I look at that Strickland fight as the ufc trying to get Strickland to a title shot even coming off that brutal KO

Sean Strickland is soooo cringe. That clip with Helen Ye (I’m assuming Schmo’s wife) was a PC land mine field. Didn’t see anything wrong with what he said regarding Khamzat. Like I said, give him Covington. Give him Costa. Give him Whitaker.

Aliskerov!! First I’ve heard of him. MW definitely getting deeper with that guy (and the threat of Khamzat moving up).

Strickland wouldn’t call chimaev a woman to his face and he was already scared as hell of him when he came to train

But if he did make that mistake chimaev would beat the dog piss outta him lol

Back
Top Bottom