The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Rizin 40 just started, the Bellator vs. Rizin part of the card starts around 5AM or 2AM for you west coast folks. Prelims are streaming live on youtube:

Rizin got swept, but most fights were competitive. AJ fighting Rizin rules is fun as hell to watch. Fun card overall, they need to make this an every NYE event.

Cant believe my guy Pacquiao really came out and said he's going to have a fight in Rizin this year :lol::smh:

^^^Dope video. Shout out to the man in the hat and count for the words and voice over.

Watching the Rizin/Bellator card with Mauro and Big John commentary.

I really do hope next year is bigger for MMA. I love the sport.

Last edited:
6A2F3CA5-F572-4F88-A700-9BAA720CDBA2.jpeg

since it’s January 1st I pose these 2 questions to the thread

Does Conor come back and fight this year?

Does Francis/Jones actually happen this year?

I’m more interested in Jon fighting than Conor.

In the immortal words of GSP, I’m not impressed (with Conor anymore).

First thing is UFC resigning Fransix.

And Conor has to get back into the USADA pool and probably lose some of that weight if he plans on fighting at 170 or 155.

There’s mad killers at 155 waiting to blow.

It’s not to say I don’t care but I’m always interested in the athletic/skillfully best fighting one another. At the moment, Conor is just a name. A big one. But it’s not like his schtick has worked since he he came back to MMA. The Khabib build up was cringe besides him trolling Ali. Then we had humble Conor for the Cowboy and first Dustin fight. Then he went back to being insufferable (Yor wife was in me DMs).

I don’t think conor wins against anyone, but I am more interested to see who they would match him up with and what the ppv numbers would be.

That’s why I’m most interested to see him come back. Personally I think the conor/masvidal fight makes the most sense for both parties.

Wouldn't be surprised if we never see Conor fight again. May never leave Hollywood if his performance doesn't get completely trashed once that movie drops.

Chandler is the only fight I'd see him take. Would do the promo and press work and he's pretty much the only fighter he'd have a size advantage over fighting at 170.

Personal thoughts about Conor aside, his fights are nothing less than exciting. He's also brought some of the best/craziest odds to slam on his opponents. Hopefully he brings another one last time :lol:

I don’t think conor wins against anyone, but I am more interested to see who they would match him up with and what the ppv numbers would be.

That’s why I’m most interested to see him come back. Personally I think the conor/masvidal fight makes the most sense for both parties.
He could beat Dos Anjos imo.

Or Tony Ferguson.

He might even beat Chandler.

…if his takedown defense holds up.

You right about Tony, I wasn’t even thinking about him cause I don’t want to see him fight again

I’m not convinced that Jon Jones wants any part of Francis Ngannou.

I don’t think that’s what he had in mind when he started flirting with the notion of moving up to heavyweight.

…I think Francis would end him.

I wouldn't be mad. It's not like Leon don't have good cardio and striking. His wrestling is okay, which is where he runs into problems with an Usman (and probably Covington).

Just make the Masvidal fight with Leon. It's a grudge match and Jorge can probably make it no issues. Khamzat is a tweener so you can make a 170 or 185 pound fight for him.

Back
Top Bottom