The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Fighting with Staph is super wild.

Guess a lot of these undercard fighters can't afford to pass up a pay day though.
That's true, and I get it... but why would you then announce it to the world and UFC :lol: . Take that **** to the grave cause now they'll definitely be up on your *** (no pun intended) next fight.

You gotta believe Eric Nicksick is going to game plan for Chimaev "blowing his load" in the first round. Sean got good cardio. He's going to be teep kicking that fool and delivering those stiff jabs or straights. That man not going to leave the bench going into the championship rounds if he doesn't address his pacing/cardio issues.

Question is can he survive that first onslaught on the ground? Because no matter how good your TDD is, the man's going to get you down at one point. He had Usman dead to rights until Usman pulled that crafty slam where it looked like he almost broke his own neck lmao.

I actually think DDP may have a better chance at Chimaev than Strickland because of his athletic size and build. That matchup is much more interesting to me than Strickland to be honest.

I have my doubts about chimaevs staying power

I have zero doubt he’ll get the belt at some point all things considered

He has visa issues etc

But his speech at the end had me thinking this man just wants a few pay days to take care of his family and he’s gonna be content with kadyrov perhaps supporting him into his mid 30’s and beyond

His skill set isn’t exactly one that he can coast on title defenses. His cardio is definitely a red flag. When he starts making the real money is he gonna want to sustain his cardio? It’s already questionable now

chimaev is now one of the weirdest fighters to project. I still think if he’s relatively focused and hungry he can and will beat anyone at 185

I am still beyond impressed with his first round but there’s objectively glaring holes

He’s going to out athlete mostly everyone but if they can survive for a few rounds you can’t really be confident in chimaevs chances if he gasses out everytime

Question is can he survive that first onslaught on the ground? Because no matter how good your TDD is, the man's going to get you down at one point. He had Usman dead to rights until Usman pulled that crafty slam where it looked like he almost broke his own neck lmao.
Fair. That's always the question right now with the Chimaev matchup.

Khamzat represents a Muslim star. Not quite as charismatic as Khabib. He could potentially be a champion at multiple divisions 170, 185 and 205. The UFC definitely needs to figure out his travel issues (which Vince shared that article about) and might want to clean up the Kadryov association. No one is saying he can't associate but at least distance it from their broadcasts and media.

391702445_871746307633779_753592356652918467_n.jpg

From the other article I posted I think the ufc has made it clear they’re going to actually accommodate the kadyrov situation by simply always having events in the Middle East

They’re basically like well if the USA won’t let certain guys enter we’ll just host events where they’re allowed to fight then

Also there ain’t no way in hell chimaev will fight at 170 again

Am I the only one that thinks Colby/bo could make a fight with khamzat NASTY if they wanted to bring this up and setup a USA vs Russian dictator picture? This would be as bad as Conor going after khabib.
I don’t think Bo has it in him to make it nasty but he might throw a barb or two

Colby on the other hand- sign me the hell up

Only Colby would do that. But if I were Uncle Dana, I'd tell Colby or whomever that mentioning the Oligarch Chechen Dictator is probably not a good idea for your health.

We know how them boys play. Colby could take a scoop of protein and next thing you know adverse effects that don't let him show up fight night.

The Fury-Ngannou bout is this Saturday and I feel like no one is talking about it. As it's in Saudi Arabia I'll likely catch it online after the fact but outside of Francis having a puncher's chance this likely ends in a late Fury KO, it would be so funny if Fury did lose and then they cancel the Usyk fight though.

The Fury-Ngannou bout is this Saturday and I feel like no one is talking about it. As it's in Saudi Arabia I'll likely catch it online after the fact but outside of Francis having a puncher's chance this likely ends in a late Fury KO, it would be so funny if Fury did lose and then they cancel the Usyk fight though.
Had no idea it was happening already

If Francis wins this will have officially been the weirdest and most unlikely year in combat sports ever

There is zero reason Francis should win or even have a chance

Back
Top Bottom