The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Obstacles huh, this is likely business related like not letting him promote his stout/whiskey, clothing line, appearance fee or something along those lines.

I like how he specifically left off the June date and 303 in that tweet

Costa aint no damn contender, dude be straight PRETENDING out there smhhh

Happy for Holland, gets a impressive W and back in the win column. He the new COWBOY

Jon aint never coming off that #1 unless he looses or retires.
Yes I agree on both assessments

Costa Michele pereira next, that has zero chance of being bad

Holland is most def a new age cowboy just not as good as he was relative to the comp

Holland fighting chimaev and Thiago santos on short notice is probably some of the most ballsy things done by any fighter

Sure Jon, you beat a guy who also got out grappled by a non grappler. Then you want to fight an old washed firefighter for "legacy" but won't face top competition in the HW division. Sure screams P4P to me. But yea I tried not to get caught up in the P4P discussion as its criteria changes on the daily and everyone has their personal opinion of what it really means.

Sure Jon, you beat a guy who also got out grappled by a non grappler. Then you want to fight an old washed firefighter for "legacy" but won't face top competition in the HW division. Sure screams P4P to me. But yea I tried not to get caught up in the P4P discussion as its criteria changes on the daily and everyone has their personal opinion of what it really means.
Jon hasn't lost a fight since his debut in 2009 so there's that

Islam has been knocked out cold so theres also that.

But the humble lion roared back and won 14 in a row and according to the post way up there beat two P4P greats.

He just stood and banged with the divisions arguable best boxer and BSD sleeper.

That’s my issue with the move up. He just needs to cement his legacy a lil bit.

He just needs to cement his legacy a lil bit.
LMAOOOO

this dood goes 14 years undefeated at LHW beats all the killers from the previous generation, cleans his generation and the new generation.

3 GENERATIONS OF CONTENDERS

ISLAM HAS 3 DEFENSES LOLLOLLLLLL

and Jon is on a 23 fight win streak BTW.....almost 10 more than Islam

Also a 2 division champ

Ya'll must have bumped your heads getting outta bed this morning.

I mean….he did lose to Santos and Reyes…

Islam wants to fight P4P greats like Volk, Dustin, Charles and Leon.

Jon wants to fight 43 year old Stipe.

I mean….he did lose to Santos and Reyes…

Islam wants to fight P4P greats like Volk, Dustin, Charles and Leon.

Jon wants to fight 43 year old Stipe.
SANTOS?

LMAO we just saying anything now to discredit him.

Jon has 0 losses on his record, close fights or whatever. Islam literally got slept. STOP IT.

You just not a fan of jon. Got it, thats fine.

But to sit here and discredit the mans resume/legacy is foolish.

Yes stipe is 43, Jon will be 37 when they fight. They both old

Jon has been in the ufc for 14+ years man.

IMO P4P doesn't equal your whole career. JJ would be my goat but he hasn't been very active these past 4 years. But hey we can agree to disagree. Dana just making up his own criteria too lol.

SANTOS?

LMAO we just saying anything now to discredit him.

Jon has 0 losses on his record, close fights or whatever. Islam literally got slept. STOP IT.

You just not a fan of jon. Got it, thats fine.

But to sit here and discredit the mans resume/legacy is foolish.
I actually like Jon. But no need to troll and discredit Islam. We acting like he’s not the IT guy right now.

And we also act like there’s no blemish on Jon’s careers. The Hamill disqualification. The PED suspension. The pulsing pico grams that led to a whole UFC event getting moved from Vegas to California just to save an event. Or the possibility that he might have either edged super close victories or lost his last two LHW title defenses.

Islam got knocked out. Cool.

Islam is the current IT guy, he's earned it.

He's amazing, he's probably the most DOMINANT fighter on the roster right now for sure.

If he keeps going he has potential to surpass Khabib and could potentially surpass Jon

Its on the table, but got damn he's got a ways to go.

I think if he goes up to 70 and beats Leon you can start comparing his legacy to Khabib's

He do gotta fight Arman again , Arman took the first fight on like 2 weeks notice and it was his debut.

big mistake for the ufc not stacking these mcgregor cards.

they tend to lack star power same with jones cards

classic case of two entities colliding

Conor is his own promotion now and is obviously a force and brand

UFC always loves to control everyone and everything and makes sure they’re superior

I’m assuming ufc made some concessions to deal with Conor and try to make it work but it seems like **** is hitting the fan

At the end of the day ufc don’t need conor though he’s just a nice extra pay day for them

Back
Top Bottom