The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

If Max beats Ilia we gotta start having a different conversation about blessed...

dood is a all timer.
He has one of the best resume's out there. Guy has fought the best and mostly came out on top (I still have him winning that 2nd Volk fight ftr). Obviously the way he lost the 3rd Volk fight is a black mark. But outside of that fight and the first DP I don't remember him being dominated. I honestly don't remember the Bermudez fight as this was years ago and I only saw it once but do remember it being close. If he's to beat Illia you can def put him in the argument as top 5-6 imo.

At FW I have it:
Aldo
Max
Volk

If Illia finishes Max I'd def put him ahead of Volk. I have Conor behind them all, his rise was impressive and he did beat DP and Max but then beats Siver for an interim shot?!?! Plus not defending also isn't a good look.

I also realize Illia could beat Max Saturday then either decide to wait and see about defending if Volk does fight Lopes at 312 or try and fight for another belt. The fight game has changed drastically from the days of GSP, Anderson and DJ.

Y'all think this was a work by Dana and UFC brass?
Essentially guy asked for a fight in the UFC, says he's 9-0, Dana mentions something about his contender series and then invites guy onstage. This seems too coincidental to not be pre-planned.

Didn't realize the height difference was so much.
1729879014611.png

Was thinking about who Topuria reminded me of, sort of like Carlos Alcaraz in tennis from a skills/evolution stand point.

Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 10.50.05 AM.jpg

Screenshot 2024-10-25 at 10.50.11 AM.jpg

Dana White is a childish, vindictive POS.

In other news: Chicago is cold in the wintertime.
In another thread someone posted a clip from the pod Dana did with RG3 where he said he hates protesting and how if Trump wins folks will protest which he hates. Does he not know about the "stop the steal" campaign or realize Jan 6 happened?!?! He's done alot for the sport to get it where it is today but has been contradicting himself more and more through recent years.

In another thread someone posted a clip from the pod Dana did with RG3 where he said he hates protesting and how if Trump wins folks will protest which he hates. Does he not know about the "stop the steal" campaign or realize Jan 6 happened?!?! He's done alot for the sport to get it where it is today but has been contradicting himself more and more through recent years.
For someone with such lowly origins, Dana is on demon I mean dictator time. Doesn’t like journalists and first amendment. Doesn’t like fair wages and revenue sharing with his fighters. Doesn’t believe in being Natty. Doesn’t mind putting paws on his wife. And now the guy from Boston, of all places, now has a problem with something inherently American. SMH

I expect an appearance by Kadiryov (sp).

Back
Top Bottom