The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

CY5xVynWYAA-JO-.jpg

:pimp:

Connor "looks" a little bigger in that pic.

What do you guys think (DJ Khaled) Alvarez's keys to success are? I've only seen him fight Chandler, Cowboy and Giblert. Pettis has some dynamic striking and solid subs (just his wrestling, pacing sometimes and fighting robotic products from Brazil seem to be his problem).

spiderjericho spiderjericho , I think the 3 keys for Eddie are: Pressure fighting. Constantly move forward, Pettis isn't effective against the cage and striking off his back foot. Secondly, wrestling advantage. Pettis been working with Izzy in Illinois, but one camp isn't going to rectify his issues with TDD. Lastly, don't take unnecessary damage. Alvarez got too much Philly in him. Too much pride and stubbornness to prove he can bang/trade with the best. Eddie gets hit clean and often. Otherwise his offensive boxing is very crisp for 155.

Predictions: Felder and Rosa definitely win. Browne should win on paper, but I'm picking Mitrione by knockout. He's basically KO or bust, but you'd have to imagine Browne's chin has eroded some. Arlovski fight, etc. Pettis bests Eddie. TJ defends his belt, even though my head says Cruz. Dom created a lot of the elements Dillashaw is so effectively utilizing. Unorthodox striking, footwork/movement, switching stances/angles. My TJ pick is intangibles. His air of confidence and total belief. Refusal to be denied. Dom has dealt with such long layoffs, who knows his true physical condition in a 5-round fight.

spiderjericho spiderjericho , I think the 3 keys for Eddie are: Pressure fighting. Constantly move forward, Pettis isn't effective against the cage and striking off his back foot. Secondly, wrestling advantage. Pettis been working with Izzy in Illinois, but one camp isn't going to rectify his issues with TDD. Lastly, don't take unnecessary damage. Alvarez got too much Philly in him. Too much pride and stubbornness to prove he can bang/trade with the best. Eddie gets hit clean and often. Otherwise his offensive boxing is very crisp for 155.
Gotta do his best RDA impersonation. He just has to make pettis walk back and or keep him up against the cage. Good thing for him is that is his kind of style of fighting.. Being aggressive and whatnot. If he's letting pettis stand there and pick all his shots goodnight.

And shogun.. I believe it's just Uriah buttchin who's hurt about tj moving.

I like dada because of his documentary on netflix 
roll.gif
Kimbo Slice on Dada 5000 beef, wants to f*ck him up, on getting out of the hood & being a family man - YouTube

Dada 5000 on history of Kimbo Slice beef, Calls Kimbo a fraud, says loss will be most painful - YouTube

February 19th. Bellator

Again, if you dudes haven't watched DawgFight on Netflix, go watch it. Damn good show.

I am hyped for this fight man. I know it is a circus show but that is what fighting is about. Promotion and the actual confrontation. 

Dada had a damn good promo man.

Does TJ have a nickname?

Bruce should say scream "TJ, ....SILLY DILLY, DILLASHAWWWWWW"

OR

"TJ, the SNAAAAKKKKKEEEEE, DILLASHAW"

You can't tell me you'd be hyped after hearing him say the latter

helwani playing dumb at the weigh-ins yesterday by saying he was surprised at travis browne getting boos. But then a few minutes latee saying browne went through some personal stuff in 2015.

I want Pettis to win. Want to see him land body kicks and knees like he did against lauzon and cerrone.

I thought elevation mma was ludwig's team but it's a totally different team. He trains striking at ludwig's place and at that muscle pharm / elevation location for everything else.

Alvarez don't have anything for Pettis

Pettis going to put on a highlight reel performance

Back
Top Bottom