The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Baby Jay is legitimately tarnishing his UFC legacy and the immortal 155 run. He's pulling a Jens Pulver by hanging on and fighting too long. Pained me to watch Rory style on Penn with the Ali shuffle.

Cruz speaking on Dana... I said it on Sunday but Dana aint thrilled at all that Cruz won 
laugh.gif
 the whole night he seemed bitter. Not much support or happiness for Cruz

Cruz said he's always felt that Dana hasn't given him 100% support. Cruz said Dana didn't even want to put the belt on him he made him put it on himself 
mean.gif

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Baby J legacy has been tarnished.. You ain't the only one that felt that way champ. Rory doing the Ali shuffle on him made me feel some type of way :smh: but this man is doing it to himself by still fighting. He just need to realize hes done. Just coach or something fam :frown:

Last edited:
Cruz said he's always felt that Dana hasn't given him 100% support. Cruz said Dana didn't even want to put the belt on him he made him put it on himself :smh:  :lol:

:smh: He better stay and healthy and keep winning, he's about to be on that list with Aldo if he keeps speaking his mind.

And regarding BJ, I don't think he's really tarnishing his legacy, if he manages to win some decent fights it'll be interesting if anything. And if he loses, well he supposed to, he's damn near 40.

I can never hate on that guy though because he took so many chances that other fighter wouldn't have taken. He walks around basically at like 165, yet he was fighting dudes like Hughes, GSP, Rory, Diaz, Fitch who are all big welterweights, and even fought Machida at HEAVYWEIGHT. And he wasn't a punching bag in any of those fights except for Rory. And Nick is my dude but BJ was wrecking him that first round. He just couldn't keep up Nick's pace and ended up gassing (bodyshots didn't help either).

BJ's problem has always been conditioning and preparation, and then combine that with him always being willing to fight dudes that are way bigger than him and you see why his career played out the way it did. If he was like most of these guys he would've been fighting at either 145 or 155 TOPS his whole career.

But raw skill and ability wise I can't name alot of guys in MMA I would put above the guy, then or now. I remember even when Anderson was at his peak they used to ask him who was the best in MMA and he would always say BJ Penn, and I couldn't really disagree with him. Dude will always be a what if. But I don't think him taking those losses tarnishes his career because that's part of what made him dope. He didn't protect his record and he wasn't afraid to lose or fight a bigger guy. Now if he would've worked harder he might've won some of those fights, but at the same time those are still fights that he probably shouldn't have been fighting in the first place, and alot of fighter nowadays would have never taken because on paper they'd be a huge underdog.

Hopefully he can get one or two little farewell wins and call it a day.

Cruz speaking on Dana... I said it on Sunday but Dana aint thrilled at all that Cruz won 
laugh.gif
 the whole night he seemed bitter. Not much support or happiness for Cruz

Cruz said he's always felt that Dana hasn't given him 100% support. Cruz said Dana didn't even want to put the belt on him he made him put it on himself 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
the belt thing is a lie, as soon as dana went to put it on him, del fierro jumped on cruz and hugged him, u can see dana trying to put the belt on but del fierro grabbed it from dana....cmon cruz u my boy but stop makin **** up

@af1 1982
 You o anybody else watch Episode 1 of "Looking for a FIght."

Matt Serra pissing in cups and shaking folks hands before washing them SMH

Matt Serra :rofl: I peeped. It's a pretty entertaining show

UFC gotta produce more content like this. Embedded is my favorite part of fight week. And they're often better than the fights themselves

Yea I am looking at the PILOT now, with Sage.

Serra arguing with the ring announcer dude. That is wild man

hahaahah @ Serra apologizing to Holyfield for cussing.

Last edited:
Looking like Weidman vs Rockhold now
Not even mad at these match ups

Khabib sipping the Mystic Tea:

"I believe Conor will have more power at lightweight in his punches and kicks since he won't have to cut as much weight. His take down defense should be more powerful"

He's picking Conor to win 
pimp.gif

What takedown defense? I know his knee was hurt but mendes took him down when he wanted. 155 has wrestlers too.

What takedown defense? I know his knee was hurt but mendes took him down when he wanted. 155 has wrestlers too.
Yeah it's definitely a question mark. We'll get a clear answer on the weight impact. You can argue the premise he'll have more energy but technique will trump strength 

Precision beats power! Lol but I think rda will take him down and go for ground and pound. Think we'll get a good idea of how much his tdd has or hasn't improved after this fight.

It'd be hilarious if RDA just immediately took him down and tko'd him in the most brutal and unexciting way. Like on some Mir vs Lesnar 2 ****. I would die laughing :lol:.

But yeah if RDA is careful and doesn't go in with the Aldo gameplan, Conor's TDD or lack of TDD is probably gonna be the deciding factor.

A few points I wanted to come in and make (my opinions on the TJ - Cruz fight)

1.) TJ seemed a bit slow.. not sure if this is due to the speed of Cruz's ridiculous movements or if he legitimately was slower than the Barao fights.
2.) TJ going for the head kicks all day convinced me that he's turned into a Ludwig puppet. Ludwig wanted him to land the home run kick so he could say "Look at what my Muay Thai does!" but rather, he failed miserably and it most likely costed him the fight. It's not TJ's fault, as he's listening to his trainer like he should, but after hearing Faber speak on the whole "Ludwig situation", I see Duane as a different person. (One with more "self-interests", rather than majority interest in his fighters)
3.) TJ seemed like he lacked a bit of conditioning in this fight, he looked fresh in the Barao rounds but was gassed in R3-R5.
4.) If TJ had spent the same amount of effort on his LEG KICKS as much as he tried for HEAD KICKS, that fight would have been entirely different starting into the 3rd round.

I don't know why no fighters have pieced this together about Cruz yet.. you chop down the tree and take away his movement. All these fighters are trying to out-strike him and catch him with a good punch. With his style of fighting, he'll most likely swing / move his body into your leg kicks on 1/3 of the kicks you throw anyways. 2x the damage with the opposite movements colliding. Plus, with his injuries and surgeries, the dude is a hard leg kick away from going on another hiatus.

If you're wondering why all my points refer to TJ, I'm a fan of his and a huge hater of Dominick. Disappointed at the gameplan they chose for this fight, he could have won that if it wasn't for Ludwigs idiotic approach with head kicks on a fighter with insane movements like Cruz. :smh:

I just wanted to comment. You say at the end of your post that you're a huge Dominic Cruz hater so a lot of the points you raised are negligible because of that.

There was nothing wrong with TJ's movement. It was mainly because of Cruz elusiveness and unorthodox movements. A fight is a fight. So I'm curious if Dom didn't have the injury if he wouldn't have slowed down/limped in the 4 and 5 rounds.

Ludwig is a hack. Alpha Male was already an elite camp with numerous good fighters that got title shots i.e. Mendes, Faber, etc. The only title he delivered or can take credit for is TJ's. But I think that's more because of the type of fighter TJ is.

There was nothing wrong with TJ's conditioning. Cruz is an elite fighter. Is he the best bantamweight? It's arguable. But definitely his style can wear a fighter out. TJ was amazing in the Barao fighter. The pace, movement, foot work and boxing were excellent. Barao hadn't been tested however. It's kind of why folks want to see Barao/Cruz just to settle the argument that Cruz was/is the greatest bantamweight of all time.

And I agree on your fourth point. The difference in their styles make TJ having to rely on leg kicks to reduce Cruz's movements. TJ is definitely more offensive than Cruz who is more a counter (not to say he can't bring it to you).

I don't know. If he can't recover from his injury, he should retire as champ. BJ at least has the health minus TBI to continue fighting. Cruz has had some serious. It's only going to get worse as he gets older.

Yeah it's definitely a question mark. We'll get a clear answer on the weight impact. You can argue the premise he'll have more energy but technique will trump strength 
I keep saying it. Movement coaches are cute. Lavish lifestyles are nice. The Muhammed Ali esque quotes are entertaining. But dude definitely needs to fill that hole in his game. Mendes was a lucky situation knee injury or not. Chad was toast going into the second round because of his conditioning.

Honestly, Connor is in a catch-22 of bad matchups. Frankie at 145 and RDA at 155.

Back
Top Bottom