The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

By next summer when the Notorious One takes out both RDA & Frankie, who will be the next supposed "horrible matchup" for the Legend?

Let's hope he learns from the Aldo fight and not rush in like a jackass. His style is to pressure fighters, he'll prob fight him similar to how he fought Pettis. But he has to be smart since Conor got them hands.

RDA is smart enough to know he doesn't want to stand w connor. If he plays it smart I see him w the win

rda has stood with everybody though. When is the last time we saw him hurt standing? He ate kicks from Pettis like they were nothing. His chin serms solid enough but a well timed punch can put anyone down like we saw happen to aldo.

Toss up for Conor vs RDA. RDA looks like he's starting a nice lengthy lightweight run. He's walked through two top contenders. But history shows to never doubt Conor and that nobody can take that left

Was it Jeremy Stephens that hit RDA with that uppercut that put him to sleep :smh:

As said anyone can be put to sleep.. Even though RDA has been terminator he's not invincible to a clean shot from Conor who had put damn near everyone to sleep. RDA use the wrestling and go from there.

Last edited:
RDA is smart enough to know he doesn't want to stand w connor. If he plays it smart I see him w the win

rda has stood with everybody though. When is the last time we saw him hurt standing? He ate kicks from Pettis like they were nothing. His chin serms solid enough but a well timed punch can put anyone down like we saw happen to aldo.

His chin is solid because when Clay Guida broke his jaw he had titanium plates fused to it, :lol:

Since then, I think 2 or 3 dudes have broken their hands cracking him in the face.

Pretty crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's face it Conor McGregor is an exciting fighter. However when he stepped into the room with RDA, I'm going to be reminiscent of Tom Cruise beating in far and way.

Was it Jeremy Stephens that hit RDA with that uppercut that put him to sleep :smh:

As said anyone can be put to sleep.. Even though RDA has been terminator he's not invincible to a clean shot from Conor who had put damn near everyone to sleep. RDA use the wrestling and go from there.
I believe you're referring to benson

Conor is smart as hell though. He hedged his earnings. If he would have fought frankie first and lost, no way does he get a shot at the belt at 155 right away

Even if he loses to rda he gets to defend his belt at 145

He gets two huge money title fights guaranteed. Besides that I respect the hell out of him for taking on rda and not taking a warmup fight at 155

His chin is solid because when Clay Guida broke his jaw he had titanium plates fused to it, :lol:

Since then, I think 2 or 3 dudes have broken their hands cracking him in the face.

Pretty crazy.

Forgot about that. Kinda unfair he has like a wolverine jaw now.

I believe you're referring to benson

Conor is smart as hell though. He hedged his earnings. If he would have fought frankie first and lost, no way does he get a shot at the belt at 155 right away

Even if he loses to rda he gets to defend his belt at 145

He gets two huge money title fights guaranteed. Besides that I respect the hell out of him for taking on rda and not taking a warmup fight at 155
Didn't RDA put Ben to sleep.

Yeah, you guys are mixing up 2 different fights. stephens knocked out rda in 2008.
Yeah this is what I was talking about. Vincent out here confusing a bruh.

2:00pm eastern, central or pacific :nerd:

What new has RDA said :nerd:.. I know he got Conor to shave his hair after that comment about trying to look like that model dude :rofl:

Last edited:
It'd be hilarious if RDA just immediately took him down and tko'd him in the most brutal and unexciting way. Like on some Mir vs Lesnar 2 ****. I would die laughing :lol:.

But yeah if RDA is careful and doesn't go in with the Aldo gameplan, Conor's TDD or lack of TDD is probably gonna be the deciding factor.

I don't know man, he was practicing some lethal looking TKD kicks with a senior citizen holding the kick shield for him. I think those spinning kicks will be the deciding factor.

Yeah, you guys are mixing up 2 different fights. stephens knocked out rda in 2008.
Yeah this is what I was talking about. Vincent out here confusing a bruh.

2:00pm eastern, central or pacific :nerd:

What new has RDA said :nerd:.. I know he got Conor to shave his hair after that comment about trying to look like that model dude :rofl:

That's funny if he shaved his head. Should tell him to change his tattoos too.

If he really wants to amp up the trash talk, he should say they should make it a loser retires match. wwe style.

After the fact, Florian lavished praise on Cruz for his performance and wondered how much better he could have looked if not for the severely injured foot Cruz brought inside the Octagon.

"I think, to be honest, the only reason the fight was close in my opinion was because of the injury to Dominick Cruz. His leg. Clearly [Cruz] was not able to plant on that leg as the fight went on and later in the fight. He just couldn't move in the same manner and because of that, T.J. was able to land more shots."

I'm on mobile so I can't properly edit the post. Looks like some folks are pointing out that Cruz would've dominated TJ if he didn't have that injury.

And they're doing a press conference for 197 already? It's going to get lit.

They ignoring 196 in a couple weeks and going straight to 197 :lol: that Conor effect

Last edited:
Like the Mac said, precision beats power and timing beats speed. I don't care how much you have behind your punches if you don't place them correctly it won't have near the effect as a well timed, accurate shot. The shots McGregor and Aldo landed on each other prove just that.

Back
Top Bottom