The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They don't want to give the Notorious One any credit! Their respective peers have said Josie Aldo is as legit as they come but now it's the marketing machine that propped him up. :lol:

I can't wait to see you guys do this with RDA in a months time.

Last edited:
They don't want to give the Notorious One any credit! Their respective peers have said Josie Aldo is as legit as they come but now it's the marketing machine that propped him up. :lol:

Aldo was the champ and could hang with anyone, as he did for ten years. However, he wasn't delivering performance that were amazing by any means. Aldo was McGregor's first amazing win. Arguably, he should've beaten al the opposition he faced at 145 previously and ran into trouble when he fought an ill prepared Mendes before getting the win.

RDA is doing great right now, but again UFC isn't end all be all in MMA and just because somebody is the champ and beating folks in a single organization doesn't make the P4P best in their weight class let alone the whole sport.

Look at all the P4P garbage that people were spewing about Rousey.

Wasn't a shot at you, just giving myself a pat on the back for my nostradamus like predictions

:lol:

Thought you was throwing me under the bus, b.

Had my quote front and center :smh:

Last edited:

Look at mr bandwagon himself. Figures you're a Conor Mark.

Aldo was a beast man. Most would say Jones was and still is #1 but Aldo and DJ were right behind him. Dominant champs and complete fighters.

I don't think its fair to say Aldo was a ufc hype job now, dude was a legitimate beast in his time. Conor just studied him well and managed to catch him with the right punch at the right time. I still think Aldo is one of the best to ever do it.

They don't want to see Conor in the Lambo
tumblr_nx4r5ow4Gu1uyx50so1_500.gif

Last edited:
The only person giving conor any trouble in the stand up is Holly. When they fight though, Conor is still going to come out with the W and take that bantmanweight belt.

Aldo was a beast man. Most would say Jones was and still is #1 but Aldo and DJ were right behind him. Dominant champs and complete fighters.

I don't think its fair to say Aldo was a ufc hype job now, dude was a legitimate beast in his time. Conor just studied him well and managed to catch him with the right punch at the right time. I still think Aldo is one of the best to ever do it.

For the record, I don't think Aldo is a hype job at all. UFC actually hasn't promoted him well at all in spite of him transitioning from WEC champ to UFC champ.

He was dominant for sure based on wins, but I still don't think he was as good as some make him out to be.

Always thought aldo was #2 p4p behind Jones.....

to be on top of your division for that long aint no fluke, he just as good as advertised, probably better.

Its hard to stay on top forever man, actually impossible.

in my opinion him and jones probably have had the best runs in the UFC for active fighters......pretty hard to argue that.

I want hendricks to loose so bad, I dont even know why but I cant stand this dood...probably his truck

if wonderboy headkick KO's hendricks.....title shot :nerd:

People are tripping

Jose's a top fighter that that hadn't fought in over a year and had an off night in his return, what happened doesn't erase what he's done

Weidmann stopped Anderson and then got the tko in the 2nd fight and then destroyed machida and vitor, then he made one mistake and where is he now? He's on the outside looking in

Jose is still top 5, he just had an off night

Last edited:
People are tripping

Jose's a top fighter that that hadn't fought in over a year and had an off night in his return, what happened doesn't erase what he's done

Weidmann stopped Anderson and then got the tko in the 2nd fight and then destroyed machida and vitor, then he made one mistake and where is he now? He's on the outside looking in

Jose is still top 5, he just had an off night

Conor sliced his head off....clean.

Let's not contribute that L to Jose having an off night. Conor simply beat him.

And this is coming from someone who was sure Jose would destroy him.

Always thought aldo was #2 p4p behind Jones.....

to be on top of your division for that long aint no fluke, he just as good as advertised, probably better.

Its hard to stay on top forever man, actually impossible.

in my opinion him and jones probably have had the best runs in the UFC for active fighters......pretty hard to argue that.

I want hendricks to loose so bad, I dont even know why but I cant stand this dood...probably his truck

if wonderboy headkick KO's hendricks.....title shot :nerd:

I want Hendricks to lose because he's a fat ***. You have one job and that's make weight. I don't respect any fighter who can't do that.

think alot of ppl sleeping on wonderboy.....

dude is as dangerous as they come on the feet.

Last edited:
Aldo was the champ and could hang with anyone, as he did for ten years. However, he wasn't delivering performance that were amazing by any means. Aldo was McGregor's first amazing win. Arguably, he should've beaten al the opposition he faced at 145 previously and ran into trouble when he fought an ill prepared Mendes before getting the win.

RDA is doing great right now, but again UFC isn't end all be all in MMA and just because somebody is the champ and beating folks in a single organization doesn't make the P4P best in their weight class let alone the whole sport.

exactly, ronda just hadn't fought the style that would give her problems. we've seen in fights before holm, she can be hit, also looked like she was gassing in the 2nd tate fight too. Has had her back taken a few times...i never bought into the hype the ufc put around her...there's always someone who is "bigger and badder" than the next person. 

Aldo is still the man, has been top 5 the last 4-5 years but never fought anyone who could get in his head and had enough skill to capitalize on aldo's mistake

Conor will run into his stylistic matchup nightmare soon too and then all the stans will have their excuses...ppl can't accept the fact that no one is invincible

It kinda does though.

Can you name 2 fighters from other promotions who you think could win gold in the UFC?

Conor sliced his head off....clean.

Let's not contribute that L to Jose having an off night. Conor simply beat him.

And this is coming from someone who was sure Jose would destroy him.
off nights don't happen?  flukes don't happen?

you 100% believed in your heart that matt serra was the best welterweight in the world? and that if he could beat gsp, he could beat anyone at ww?

Last edited:
off nights don't happen?  flukes don't happen?

you 100% believed in your heart that matt serra was the best welterweight in the world? and that if he could beat gsp, he could beat anyone at ww?

Off nights do happen. But that was FAR from a fluke. Come on bro......

I almost wish the fight went past the first round. Because it ended so quickly, people automatically think it was "lucky" or a fluke.

Mystic Mac trolling aside, conor knew that Aldo would charge up that right hand. And Conor's left straight hook is notorious, pun intended. That ain't no fluke. That ain't no off night.

People wanna say Aldo was in his emotions. Well guess what, that's apart of fighting. If you can't keep your composure, you're gonna get rocked. That ain't an off night b.

Last edited:
we do agree that flukes are rare events most likely never to occur again right?

like jose getting knocked out in 13 sec with one punch?  like matt serra stopping gsp in 3 minutes?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom