The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

They'll prob throw a tomato can at Conor so he can knock them out in the 1st round and the UFC will just buildup another big fight for him this summer.

They want to ride the McGregor train as long as they can now that Anderson Silva is all but done, Jon Jones has personal issues, Rousey and Weidman got smashed in the same night, etc etc etc. There's not a lot of star power right now. They need this guy.

They'll prob throw a tomato can at Conor so he can knock them out in the 1st round and the UFC will just buildup another big fight for him this summer.

They want to ride the McGregor train as long as they can now that Anderson Silva is all but done, Jon Jones has personal issues, Rousey and Weidman got smashed in the same night, etc etc etc. There's not a lot of star power right now. They need this guy.
They want to ride the mcgregor wave as long as they can yet they matched him up with arguably the toughest matchup possible. Alrighty

Conor shouldn't eem fight really. It'd be a lose/lose situation.

If he wins, people will complain again about how his opponent only had two weeks notice. If he loses he can kiss that lightweight goodbye.

His team should really pull out, but he'll smash all these fighters anyway, and then he'll take out RDA, and up next is the welterweight belt.

I wonder where the Zuffa brass stand.

I would imagine the buys would be MUCH lower if he's not on. Rest of the card is weak.

Most MMA fans have to be hip to what's happening with injuries and pulling the trigger on buying these PPVs day of. I know I am.

Conor would have to fight 155 if they want to keep him on UFC 196 since I don't believe that their is a chance in hell he would be able to make that cut to 145 in this short amount of time.

Realistically though, Jose should just man up and take the fight. They could try and make it a catch weight but it'd be Jose's only chance of ever redeeming himself.

The fight will be a 155 lb fight. Like others have stated, Conor starts cutting a little earlier than 11 days out, at the very least his diet is completely different. Dude has been eating steak 3 times a day lol.

Nate would be a waste of the most entertaining promotional tour of all time so I don't see that happening.

Ferguson and Khabib have been told no. According to Dana it's because they are booked for a FOX headliner. Makes sense.

Only options I see that make any sense are cowboy and pettis. Both aren't on a road to a title shot and quite honestly this may be the only chance the UFC can capitalize and make these fights happen.

Personally I'd like to see Pettis get in there. Otherwise we may never get to see him and mcgregor go head to head. It would be an exciting stand up war.

in my opinion, pettis would get dropped in the first rd. was not impressed with his last fight

conor should just ask for robbie lawler

Last edited:
I still think Nate's the fight.

There is a good chance there would never be a reason for them to fight again if it don't happen now.

Conor aint fighting at 55 if it aint for a belt.

why would he fight anyone else if he already has a TS?

fight gonna get scraped.

Last edited:

There is a good chance there would never be a reason for them to fight again if it don't happen now.

You don't think the UFC would skip Nate ahead of everyone else if he got pass Eddie? I guess the real question is do you think Nate has a chance to beat Eddie?

They want to ride the mcgregor wave as long as they can yet they matched him up with arguably the toughest matchup possible. Alrighty
laugh.gif
@ toughest matchup possible.

You don't think the UFC would skip Nate ahead of everyone else if he got pass Eddie? I guess the real question is do you think Nate has a chance to beat Eddie?

I'd say yes to both. But were they scheduled to fight? I didn't see it announced.

I think part of what you touched on is the reason why they should do it now. They have a short amount of time to sell this fight. Put a mic in front of Nate today and they're well on their way.

I'd say yes to both. But were they scheduled to fight? I didn't see it announced.

I think part of what you touched on is the reason why they should do it now. They have a short amount of time to sell this fight. Put a mic in front of Nate today and they're well on their way.

I guess the numbers would be the same whether they had 3 months to promote it or 3 weeks. Idk.

I'm not against seeing the trash talking affair of a lifetime. Not to mention the boxing match between Nate and Conor would be a sight to see.

A lot of people in here talking crazy. WHEN mcgregor fights in a week and a half it will be at 155.

Opponent will be cowboy or Diaz.

And yes besides Khabib for his wrasslin RDA is the toughest matchup. I don't know what was funny about that.

A lot of people in here talking crazy. WHEN mcgregor fights in a week and a half it will be at 155.

Opponent will be cowboy or Diaz.

And yes besides Khabib for his wrasslin RDA is the toughest matchup. I don't know what was funny about that.
 I think there are more wrestlers that would give him a run for his  money than would RDA. Look what Chad did on short notice.

I think there are more wrestlers that would give him a run for his  money than would RDA. Look what Chad did on short notice.

Yeah look what Chad did.

Got washed on the feet. Succeeded with 2 out of 5 td attempts. Couple nice elbows. Couple short punches. Then got tko'd.

When people bring up 189, they forget that mcgregor was probably at the biggest disadvantage. He wasn't training for a wrestler at all.

Chad and Khabib are probably the best wrestlers in their divisions. So tell me besides the current CHAMPION, who has been on a tear the past few years, who is the toughest matchup?

Back
Top Bottom