The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

I didn’t even know it was humanly possible to gain 26 pounds in a day

He would have been forced to never fight at 185 in CA again if he fought there last night instead of NY

California don’t play lol

“Two fighters will be forced to move up in weight for future bouts in California following their dramatic weight gains at Bellator 286, including bantamweight contender Enrique Barzola, who led the card with a 25.6-pound gain between weigh-ins and fight night.”

He would have been forced to never fight at 185 in CA again if he fought there last night instead of NY

California don’t play lol

“Two fighters will be forced to move up in weight for future bouts in California following their dramatic weight gains at Bellator 286, including bantamweight contender Enrique Barzola, who led the card with a 25.6-pound gain between weigh-ins and fight night.”
Oh wow interesting

Pereira easily puts the weight on because of how lean he is. The more lean muscle you have, the more water you can cut. Also means you can reabsorb the water fairly quickly.

Wow, this fight had everything

Whole card a classic
This.
He didnt get knocked out

Let the champ get the benefit of the doubt and go out

Ref is trash with a terrible stoppage
Nah. Can’t be having your cash cow sleep like that, it was a good stoppage Dan did the right thing and saved Izzy/ufc from a nasty highlight.

1 more shot and he would have been slept dead. No need for that brain damage.

Izzy said he cool with the stoppage. Y’all think these fighters willing to sacrifice their lives but they are not. These champs are filthy rich. Wether Izzy gets his belt back or not he still did more in the UFC than most fighters and is easily a Hall of Famer. He gave us some incredible highlights so I don’t even know why people hate, but some fans be weird and fickle.

Izzy said he cool with the stoppage. Y’all think these fighters willing to sacrifice their lives but they are not. These champs are filthy rich. Wether Izzy gets his belt back or not he still did more in the UFC than most fighters and is easily a Hall of Famer. He gave us some incredible highlights so I don’t even know why people hate, but some fans be weird and fickle.
You’re not wrong on most of this

People are fickle and also ignore parts of every story they want to tear down

Always want to disrespect champs when they get “boring”. again ignoring context and history

I’m glad izzy sounds like he wants to come back though if he decided to leave the sport which I wouldn’t blame him, that would suck

Izzy still on top of the mountain…

He only has 1 loss at MW and it was a fight he was winning. It not like he got dominated.

Incredible run, as it stands it’s up there with spider, GSP and Jon…he’s cemented his spot. He still got alot left in the tank and can do much more if he wants.

Also very impressed with how he handled his loss. No whining, no complaining, no excuses.

“You win like a champion and you have to loose like one too”

True champ.

Big respect.

We will see just how easily the cuts will be as he continues to age

He’s 35 and cutting down from 235 lbs to 185 lbs, I don’t care how lean you are that’s insane

Most def going to get harder with age and putting so much between fights only exacerbates it.

I’ll be interested to see how frequently he fights as champ. That will give us a good perspective on his ability to keep making weight. If not, he has the height and reach to move to LHW pretty easily.

Absolute sick for izzy. Alex was saved by the bell in the first too. You really cant forget about the KO tho. I feel like izzy always had that in back of his mind. Felt like watching the inevitable tbh.

Wrestlers salivating watching this fight tho lol

Damn. Anthony Johnson passed at 38.

It hasn’t been long since people close said he was in the toughest battle of his life. Have to assume it was cancer, **** cancer.

Just saw as well WOW - feels like yesterday he was knocking out Glover in 13 seconds and talking about a return

This. Izzy owns a ton of real estate in NZ, he definitely being smart about life after fighting. Swang and bang isn't good for life

Said he was cool with the stoppage?

Bruh…really?

“F***, my ego would say at least let me go out on my shield,” Adesanya said. “But I don’t think I would have gone out because I was still there. I’ve seen worse stoppages. F****** bring back Steve Mazzagatti. I would have been fine. [Pereira] might have won that round but I’d still be champion.”

People hate on Adesanya because he has a big mouth and doesn’t always back it up. And he does really crude, juvenile **** like pretending to be a dog urinating in the cage or prison humping Costa after stopping him…or making numerous comments about opponents that are just crude and cartoonishly, over-the-top dumb.

…don’t pretend like he doesn’t bring a lot of the hate on himself.

Last edited:
Said he was cool with the stoppage?

Bruh…really?

“F***, my ego would say at least let me go out on my shield,” Adesanya said. “But I don’t think I would have gone out because I was still there. I’ve seen worse stoppages. F****** bring back Steve Mazzagatti. I would have been fine. [Pereira] might have won that round but I’d still be champion.”
He said he talked to his coaches about the stoppage and trusted them.

RIP Rumble Johnson

Back
Top Bottom