The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Paulo Costa has yet to pop and there's about a 0% chance that guy isn't on roids. So while USADA may be more stringent, it's not like USADA is this unbeatable standard of testing. And Anderson has way more money and access than Paulo does so you'd have to think if Paulo could do it then why couldn't he?

If you're only looking at the facts, the facts are that people still popped before USADA, like Chael right after Anderson finished him in the fifth round of their title fight (2010). Like Overeem before UFC 146 (2012). Anderson however, never popped once before the leg break. Those are just the facts.

People can look at Anderson's test and assume that he'd been on steroids all along and finally got caught because the testing caught up. Or they can look at his test and write it off as a 39 year old man doing a cycle in an attempt to recover from a gruesome leg break. But neither one is fact. It's just guessing.

The facts are he never popped in his prime while running through a division of guys, plenty of whom are CONFIRMED steroid users. For all we know all these guys are on something, it definitely wouldn't surprise me. But with no other information available, I'll continue to leave the asterisk off Anderson. To each his own tho.

Bones on the other hand popped twice in his PRIME. There's just no way around it. You have to do some serious mental gymnastics to still suspend disbelief with him. He's still one of the greatest regardless but if he doesn't get an asterisks after popping TWICE, well then I guess nobody does at that point. I definitely have an asterisks by his title run but whatever that's just one man's opinion, to each his own.
Def not letting Jones off the hook just like Anderson. They’re both marked. We have no clue how testing actually went before usada so it’s difficult to really know how frequently or when folks were being tested

The run jones had in 2011 was his first prime run and he didn’t get caught. Was still destroying folks up until 2015 as well

Costa could still get his btw, I’m def waiting on that one. Usada came in and folks were popping left and right

he also kept grabbing Khabib's gloves. Only fight that would interest me would be Khabib and maybe Tony if he still is the same after that whopping he took from Justin

No one wanna see conor fight grapplers ANYMORE....

just keep my man standing up and you can milk the cash cow as long as you want

What to do with the LW title now?

Move Conor v Poirer on last Dec card.
Put Chandler vs. Ferguson on the same card along with Gaethje vs. Charles Olivera.

DC said he would do Poirer vs. Gaethje on the last Dec card as they were the last IC title holders, I disagree, and since UFC doesn't like tournaments, this will be hard. One or more fighters would not be happy..

End the year off with a bang and give a clearer pic going into 2021.

Miocic defended the UFC heavyweight championship in August at UFC 252 when he won a unanimous decision over rival Daniel Cormier in the pair’s trilogy bout. White confirmed that Ngannou — who has won four straight fights by knockout — would be next in line to fight Miocic for the belt. But after Jon Jones made the announcement he would be pursuing a title shot at heavyweight as well, some thought Jones might skip by Ngannou.

However, White has remained adamant this entire time that Ngannou would be getting the next heavyweight title shot because he has waited so long for it, and it looks like the UFC president is a man of his word. Speaking to TMZ Sports, White confirmed the UFC is planning on the rematch between Ngannou and Miocic to take place in March 2021.

“I have one more fight on my contract and I plan on doing this fight, and we’ll think about what we’ll do next after the contract is completed,” Barboza said. “I’m in the UFC for 10 years, I love fighting in the UFC, and everything I have today I’ve undoubtedly conquered with the UFC so I love being there, but I’m open to offers — after this fight, of course.

“The same way I’m anxious to my next fight, I’m also anxious to knowing what my next steps will be after the fight. I honestly don’t know really well what will happen, but I’ll wait for after this fight first and then see what my decisions are.”

“Zabit, we trained together in the past, he’s a great fighter, a nice guy,” he added. “We’re not that close but no doubt, with the utmost respect to him and that entire team, I’d take this fight. Like I said, anyone in the top-6, I’m in.”

stipe head movement was on point the first fight
francis gassed out after the first rd and was a non-factor the rest of the fight
i give him a puncher's chance because of his power, but i just don't see how it plays out different

Back
Top Bottom