The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

On one hand Conor’s comments are disrespectful on the other women’s rights in that religion is farrrrrrrr more disrespectful.

Miss me with respecting that ****.
Imaging making yourself look like this big of an ***, just to defend Conor's low life behavior.

Sheesh

On one hand Conor’s comments are disrespectful on the other women’s rights in that religion is farrrrrrrr more disrespectful.

Miss me with respecting that ****.
Islam is extremely respectful to women. Idk where you are getting your info from.

huh i wasnt defending conor.

i said i dont respect the lack of rights muslim women have.

The quick rise and epic fall of Conor . Enjoy your millions and ride off to the sunset since u "retired"

think conor can still draw even if he loses out the rest of the way. get that fight vs khabib, and he can always cash out with a nate trilogy fight or a rematch with max

Seems Conor hella bored walking around his crib doing lines. Knew the minute he posted khabibs wife it was over. Can’t think of ever a good time to bring someone’s family into trash talk

Because I give credit to the informed MMA viewers in our thread, beyond public, casual hype, what's the allure of seeing a Conor vs. Khabib rematch? Nurmagomedov was actually winning the brief stand-up exchanges in their first bout. Got the sense McGregor was attempting to bait Khabib into elongated striking exchanges but that clearly didn't work. Conor was getting touched up a bit with Nurmagomedov's hands, surprisingly. We all know how sizable Khabib's grappling advantage is on the ground too. It'd be like me clamoring for a T-Wood vs. Usman rematch when most of us know the probably outcome. I'd much rather see McGregor fight a new opponent, like Tony. Or if we're discussing rematches, Max or "Diamond."

Because I give credit to the informed MMA viewers in our thread, beyond public, casual hype, what's the allure of seeing a Conor vs. Khabib rematch? Nurmagomedov was actually winning the brief stand-up exchanges in their first bout. Got the sense McGregor was attempting to bait Khabib into elongated striking exchanges but that clearly didn't work. Conor was getting touched up a bit with Nurmagomedov's hands, surprisingly. We all know how sizable Khabib's grappling advantage is on the ground too. It'd be like me clamoring for a T-Wood vs. Usman rematch when most of us know the probably outcome. I'd much rather see McGregor fight a new opponent, like Tony. Or if we're discussing rematches, Max or "Diamond."

The allure is primarily the drama before, during and after the fight.

Animosity sells.

Conor also has an angle to spin. He will liken the situation to the Diaz rematch where he solved the puzzle 2nd time round.

He’s a smart fighter so I think he could make it more competitive if he got another shot.

He doesn’t deserve it but that doesn’t matter these days.

Saying "muslims have no respect for women" is like saying "christians are all lunatics because Westboro Baptish Church".
They only show you the poorly treated women in Islam, nobody's going to show you all the normal, everyday Muslims who treat their wives like a human being because that's not newsworthy. Do some Islamic countries have messed up laws regarding women rights? Sure. But there are some European countries who elected clear white-supremacists who align with Christianity, but nobody's out here spewing hate for Christians as a group.

Yoel Romero is out against jacare

Welp

Good.

I hope Woodley drops out of the Lawler rematch.

Don’t want to see these matchups. Want new ones.

There’s plenty of talent.

And Conor and Khabib both crossed the line.

I’m not a fan of new Conor. Way too many enablers and coddlers. Tossing Energy Drinks into the crowd. Dollies. The ridiculous mind games/personal insults against Khabib. The phone incident. The “accusations.” And now this attack on a religious culture.

People loved the sharp witted hungry poor guy who backed up his words in the fight.

In my opinion he’s not even top 3 LW right now.

Hey y’all my bad if I’ve been misinformed or ignorant. My intentions were good based on what I thought I knew. If I’m wrong I’m open to being educated.

Dismissing me as a racist in a topic about religion doesn’t do anyone any good though and makes the problem even worse. I have gripes about religion in general. I don’t have a mindset at all that all Muslims are terrorists or bad or anything. Now I haven’t exactly studied the religion or know it as well as Christianity, I don’t see either any better or worse than the other, but over the years I have seen and read woman’s rights being a serious issue in that religion. But Like I said I’m open to being educated.

Hey y’all my bad if I’ve been misinformed or ignorant. My intentions were good based on what I thought I knew. If I’m wrong I’m open to being educated.

Dismissing me as a racist in a topic about religion doesn’t do anyone any good though and makes the problem even worse. I have gripes about religion in general. I don’t have a mindset at all that all Muslims are terrorists or bad or anything. Now I haven’t exactly studied the religion or know it as well as Christianity, I don’t see either any better or worse than the other, but over the years I have seen and read woman’s rights being a serious issue in that religion. But Like I said I’m open to being educated.
It’s cool that you’re open to new info, and there’s no doubt that you’re not racist at all.
The sensitivity comes from this is the exact type of mentality that got a certain someone elected. Using a narrative to pander to those who haven’t been educated on something they’ve never been exposed to, and who won’t take the time and effort to educate themselves and makes assumptions based on the little they know is the last thing we need.

Your willingness to be wrong already separates you from people like that so props man

Keep an eye out for Alexandre Pantoja next weekend. I think he will finish Wilson Reis, which is no easy task. Cejudo the last one to KO Reis back in '17. Pantoja trains out of RdJ with Casa Preta. Obviously that camp has produced "Spider," Nog bros and Machida. To name a few. I've got Pantoja by RNC in the second or third round.

i do find it funny that dana lets conor slide with pretty much anything then when khabib calls him a rapist it's too far. :lol:

i do find it funny that dana lets conor slide with pretty much anything then when khabib calls him a rapist it's too far. :lol:
Dana follows the dollar signs

I find the espn part about this interesting. Disney can’t apprciate this no matter how much revenue it may generate... right?

NO ALLURE IN KHABIB VS CONOR AT ALL

DANA lying his hair off, no one want to see the rematch.

Conor had his chance in the 3rd to knock khabib out and couldn't do it. Im not interested in seeing it again, either way.

Hell at this point I would rather see, Gatheje x Khabib 1, Poirer x Khabib 1, Holloway Khabib 1......

Conor got to move on, the cowboy fight was the fight to make but he missed the boat...diaz 3 and Holloway 2 (granted max still has the belt) are conors biggest hands right now...

and DAMN I feel like this ALWAYS happens to jacare....doubt we get a replacement, I heard costa was willing but well see.

a little over a week out, most folks in here got Holloway over DP? :nerd:

Im really loving this fight, **** should be a banger either way..

Agreed on everything tbh

I want to see Justin’s wrestling against khabib

Diamond vs Max will be a bloodbath, calling it will be back and forth

I believe max could compete with khabib he has the skill set

Back
Top Bottom