The NBA Draft Thread

Maybe Lowry is the best, just saying I honestly wonder which GM will take the step of not signing someone of DeRozan's caliber (forget about who the best player is on the team). When that times comes it could mark a change league wide tbh

Right now seems like GM's are weary of letting their talent go, especially if they drafted the player

I tried to recall a mid 20's player who was not retained by his team because the GM didn't think it was worth it, can't think of anyone. I wouldn't have maxed him

Going to happen soon in NO when they will have to choose between Jrue or Tyreke after what will likely be a bounce back year for both.

They shouldn't max either of them but if they have to choose, it should be Jrue.

We will also see it with Orlando and Ibaka, Denver and Gallo, Nets and Lopez.

I think if the Raps lost in the first or second round, it'd be easy for Masai to sell to ownership. Breaking up a ECF team after the franchises best year ever just isn't realistic. Demar sucks so it's the right move but Im sure the hope is he finds a suitable win-now trade partner or someone else develops enough to make him the 3rd option.

No GM wants to be the one to explain to fans why they let an all star from a conference final team leave for nothing ...Derozan was never leaving unless he really wanted to

Excited about Ellenson, SVG is the perfect coach for him.

They gotta make some trades though, they are drowning in forwards.

I want us to sign DJ Stephens just so he can participate in the dunk contest with that 46" vertical :lol:

Last edited:
CnHeLoWVMAQIoMA.jpg

d league select 

Similar thing happened with Beal and the Wiz, albeit he's 4 years younger than DeRozan. It's a really tough spot to just let one of those types go, unless you know you for a fact that you can bring in someone else.

How hyped are you for Sully?

I was a big Sully fan in the draft, he was making progress on his body, but then its stopped...and then went in reverse.

He still has talent, decent bet for 6 million if he can get his body right and hit a corner 3.

Kevin Pangos would make a great "break class in case of multiple insane Dennis Shoeder turnovers" option.

Clearly he's been going to Steve Nash no vertical finishing school.

Hit em with the wrong foot scoop shot today. :pimp:

Last edited:
Can't believe the Raptors didn't think it was smarter to invest in Powell for way cheaper over overpaying DeRozan who has no upside
If they were to do so, guys like Lowry would be disgruntled. You let his partner walk and not even make him an offer which could also spread disconcertment amongst the team. Coaches may not be happy about the move etc.

If they were to do so, guys like Lowry would be disgruntled. You let his partner walk and not even make him an offer which could also spread disconcertment amongst the team. Coaches may not be happy about the move etc.

basically, players and coaches think Derozan is way better than he actually is.

letting him go would look bad and piss everyone off.

hopefully we can trade him.

The team would have to seriously regress before that would happen.

I wouldn't doubt it if the Hawks, Celtics, Knicks, Bulls, Pacers, Pistons and maybe even the Bucks all passed by the Raptors this year. Magic and Wizards should be improved as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom