The NBA Draft Thread

Y'all will see, I don't know if y'all are even into predictive models but if you are than you would understand.
I liked you better when you weren't paying your debts.

Can't say when I liked you because I never heard of you, good try with a two year old joke though, maybe next time fella.
:lol: chill keep the choppa on safety my guy ...but Ima update this thread throughout the real season with all the evidence that oak is better than both these dudes u touting

Last edited:
Good. I hope Valentine never gets to play ever. 15 year career riding straight pine. Dude guaranteed a chip abd lost to a division 72 school in the first round lmao

Smh T the Valentine slander. Starting to wonder if some of y'all actually watch playersand make your own assessments orif y'all just go with whatever major news outlets say.

I like Valentine and all, but :lol:

You don't think he's going to show defensive inefficiencies against NBA level SGs and SFs??

Jamal Murray got a lot of feel out of the pick and roll.

He has vision too just needs to use it, instead of jacking every open look. :lol:
My dude hasn't even thought about passing in summer league. 26 field goal attempts yesterday :lol:

Y'all would make horrible GMs :lol:

I'm the biggest Okafor hater I know but Coangelo would literally get ran outta Philly if he traded Jah for Powell or Valentine straight up

Have to think he has more value than that

Y'all would make horrible GMs :lol:

I'm the biggest Okafor hater I know but Coangelo would literally get ran outta Philly if he traded Jah for Powell or Valentine straight up

Have to think he has more value than that

If he had more value, they would've already traded him, they've been shopping him for months.

You talking about horrible GM's but don't even know Colangelo history. :lol:

If what he did in Toronto was a good job in your eyes, you disqualifying your own opinion, he's been bad for a while.

Right now he's just reaping rewards off of Hinkie's work that he was maligned for.

If he had more value, they would've already traded him, they've been shopping him for months.

You talking about horrible GM's but don't even know Colangelo history. :lol:

If what he did in Toronto was a good job in your eyes, you disqualifying your own opinion, he's been bad for a while.

Right now he's just reaping rewards off of Hinkie's work that he was maligned for.

Where in my post did I say he was a good GM? He definitely sucks. But even he wouldn't be dumb enough to ship out Okafor for that type of return. If he did, then hes a dumb*** and should be fired immediately

Last edited:
Where in my post did I say he was a good GM? He definitely sucks. But even he wouldn't be dumb enough to ship out Okafor for that type of return. If he did, then hes a dumb*** and should be fired immediately

Like I just said, they've been shopping Okafor, if they were offered anything good he would've been gone already.

You talking about the public perception of the trade when if you know the numbers behind it it makes perfect sense. Philly hasn't been **** for a long time, his family runs the team, he can do what he wants without worrying about getting fired.

"Value" is great prospects you're going to be gettin for their prime years on team controlled deals + draft picks.

Philly doesn't need and shouldn't want anything else.

Valentine isn't a great prospect, though. Plus he had injury concerns that made him drop.

I've never been really high on Okafor and I was calling on Towns/Russell to be picked first early in the season when people still thought that Okafor was the top talent, but there's no way I trade him in a deal centered around Denzel Valentine.

Valentine isn't a great prospect, though. Plus he had injury concerns that made him drop.

I've never been really high on Okafor and I was calling on Towns/Russell to be picked first early in the season when people still thought that Okafor was the top talent, but there's no way I trade him in a deal centered around Denzel Valentine.

My models + a simple look at his game all say he is a great prospect though, so I disagree.

He grades out way better than Jahlil, it's not close.

The only thing for me is injury concern but regardless he projects to have a solid 6-8 years before anything should happen.

The perception of Jahlil just because he was a high level prospect in HS and won a title in college on a loaded team with multiple NBA players vs Denzel who broke out as a junior is messing with your heads.

Like I said before, find me a 6'5 elite shooter/passer who can be your primary ballhandler vs a center who has a post game but can't defend the rim at all and handcuffs your offense.

I could give a damn about where he was picked last year, it's obvious already that Porzingis/Booker/Winslow/Turner/WCS/Lyles should've all went before him.

Like I said, I can't wait to come back to this thread in 3 years.

Philly hasn't traded Okafor or Noel yet because teams are pretty much lowballing them because they know philly has no leverage right now. Im almost certain the Suns are in a similar situation with their guards. But that don't mean you trade a rookie coming off a 18 7 season for a guy who projects to a fringe starter.

Well I'd be interested in seeing your models, but the simple look at his game part doesn't match up to me. He's an older prospect, without elite athleticism, and he doesn't have a quick release on his shot. Great prospects are guys that are slam dunks to be good starters and/or All-Star caliber, IMO. Maybe we just have different ideas of what that is.

Philly hasn't traded Okafor or Noel yet because teams are pretty much lowballing them because they know philly has no leverage right now. Im almost certain the Suns are in a similar situation with their guards. But that don't mean you trade a rookie coming off a 18 7 season for a guy who projects to a fringe starter.

He doesn't project as a fringe starter.

Have any of y'all even plugged his numbers in to predictive model that is based off prospects coming in historically?

You would see that the combination of elite shooting + passing that he has at his size isn't precedented.

It would've sounded crazy back in 2012 to trade Thomas Robinson/Dion Waiters/MKG for Draymond Green unless you used a model which would've told you that you definitely should and that he should've been a lottery pick.

Last edited:
He doesn't project as a fringe starter.

Have any of y'all even plugged his numbers in to predictive model that is based off prospects coming in historically?

You would see that the combination of elite shooting + passing that he has at his size isn't precedented.

It would've sounded crazy back in 2012 to trade Thomas Robinson/Dion Waiters/MKG for Draymond Green unless you used a model which would've told you that you definitely should and that he should be been a lottery pick.

I hate dudes like you and number geeks..If the numbers said pick daymond green..why didn't he go in the first round..it's so easy to go back 5 years ago..Tell me who in the second round this year who will become an all star player..since it's so easy..you can't know why because it's isn't an exact science to this.

Last edited:
I hate dudes like you and number geeks..If the numbers said pick daymond green..why didn't he go in the first round..it's so easy to go back 5 years ago..Tell me who in the second round this year who will become an all star player..since it's so easy..you can't know why because it's isn't an exact science to this.

I hate dudes like you who mindlessly attack what they don't understand.

It really isn't that hard to build and use a model and make a move based on the #'s.

Does that mean that every guy who sticks out will be a star?

No but at least you're actually making a decision based off actual historical evidence instead whatever you use to form your opinions.

Why didn't Draymond go in the 1st? Same reasons that Denzel wasn't a lottery pick, he was considered old, fat and a tweener.

Teams leaned more on that than actual production and look what happened.

There's a number of guys that I have my eye on to be way better than where they are picked.

Don't be mad at the future, learn it.

Last edited:
I hate dudes like you who mindlessly attack what they don't understand.

It really isn't that hard to build and use a model and make a move based on the #'s.

Does that mean that every guy who sticks out will be a star?

No but at least you're actually making a decision based off actual historical evidence instead whatever you use to form your opinions.

Why didn't Draymond go in the 1st? Same reasons that Denzel wasn't a lottery pick, he was considered old, fat and a tweener.

Teams leaned more on that than actual production and look what happened.

There's a number of guys that I have my eye on to be way better than where they are picked.

Don't be mad at the future, learn it.

I can't wait for the season to be half over and valentine is averaging 4 ppg.

Back
Top Bottom