The NBA Draft Thread

Because he'll be playing heavy minutes after the Bulls just signed a bunch of past their prime guys that play his position right? :lol:

Great call.

If the kid doesn't get 20 minutes a game then he definitely wasn't worth the pick. Wade is old as sin with knee problems s so there should be an issue getting burn

I hate dudes like you who mindlessly attack what they don't understand.

It really isn't that hard to build and use a model and make a move based on the #'s.

Does that mean that every guy who sticks out will be a star?

No but at least you're actually making a decision based off actual historical evidence instead whatever you use to form your opinions.

Why didn't Draymond go in the 1st? Same reasons that Denzel wasn't a lottery pick, he was considered old, fat and a tweener.

Teams leaned more on that than actual production and look what happened.

There's a number of guys that I have my eye on to be way better than where they are picked.

Don't be mad at the future, learn it.

So once again based on your models projections or anybody else's who matters..Tell me somebody who was drafted in the second round that project to an All-star caliber player.

Because it's easy 5 years from now when a player gets good and proclaim a guy should have been picked in the first round.

Last edited:
Or better yet post what is going into the models......

Right..but I think I have an Idea of what's it's going to say..

Player A:

93.2% chance of becoming a career backup
7.8% chance of becoming an all-star

but when player A do eventually become an all star caliber player through drive and heart..something number don't calculate ..my numbers projected him an all star.

Last edited:
I hate dudes like you who mindlessly attack what they don't understand.

It really isn't that hard to build and use a model and make a move based on the #'s.

Does that mean that every guy who sticks out will be a star?

No but at least you're actually making a decision based off actual historical evidence instead whatever you use to form your opinions.

Why didn't Draymond go in the 1st? Same reasons that Denzel wasn't a lottery pick, he was considered old, fat and a tweener.

Teams leaned more on that than actual production and look what happened.

There's a number of guys that I have my eye on to be way better than where they are picked.

Don't be mad at the future, learn it.

I can't wait for the season to be half over and valentine is averaging 4 ppg.
Denzel is behind Wade, Jimmy, McDermott, & Snell. He very well may not show much next year, doesn't mean that he's trash. Sometimes these things take time.

Draymond didn't show much until his 3rd year when David Lee got hurt.

Because he'll be playing heavy minutes after the Bulls just signed a bunch of past their prime guys that play his position right? :lol:

Great call.

If the kid doesn't get 20 minutes a game then he definitely wasn't worth the pick. Wade is old as sin with knee problems s so there should be an issue getting burn
?? The only SG who put up substantially better numbers than Wade last year was Harden. He's still elite.

Aging, but he can still go at a high level.

Last edited:
My man awwsome awwsome is either very high on a prospect...or very low. No in between :lol:.

That's a big stretch to say Jahlil "isn't even close to the prospect" that Valentine or Powell is.

I'll take my bets on a 20 year old, elite offensive center with good length and shows he can be coached up. It's really unfair to judge Oak considering the situation he was drafted into. There were literally like 3 real NBA players on the Sixers last year :lol:.

Oak is a guy that can be very valuable given the right role, situation and coaching. I think he can be at least an average defender with time. Sometimes, the trends and analytics are wrong....or aren't always concrete.

Denzel is behind Wade, Jimmy, McDermott, & Snell. He very well may not show much next year, doesn't mean that he's trash. Sometimes these things take time.

?? The only SG who put up substantially better numbers than Wade last year was Harden. He's still elite.

Agreed, he is still at a high level. He is also going to be 35 in January and has bum knees. He is going to need rest throughout the season.

Okafor needs to play alongside a 4 that can both spread the floor and play D. Nerlens is not that player and neither is Ben. I really want to see what he could be like alongside Horford.

Agreed, he is still at a high level. He is also going to be 35 in January and has bum knees. He is going to need rest throughout the season.
he's gonna be right at the 30mpg he was at last year. The other 18 will be divvied up between Jimmy & Snell.

Denzel will be left with scraps at the 2/3, which brings me back to the OG point in my initial post.

Draymond =/= Denzel.

Draymond was good the minute he played.

Denzel didn't put up numbers until he was older than the competition.

Kay Felder 
pimp.gif

Valentine heating up breh

Draymond comparisons shouldn't ever be made, they aren't similar, especially defensively 
in skill set no. In terms of taking 4 college years to blossom and taking a few years in the league to make a dent because they're playing behind vets & others, yes.

Last edited:
My man Tyus Jones really turning up out here, I feel bad for him cause he buried on the depth chart.

Wonder when Minny going to decide to trade Rubio.

Many won't trade Rubio anytime soon. At least they won't actively trade him. I see two scenarios:
A team makes a decent offer for Rubio and manny will listen to offers
Dunn really picks it up his rookie year and they decide to make him the franchise point guard. The team will them actively trade him by the all star game or trade deadline,

I really do wish he somehow ends up with the Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom