The NBA Draft Thread

DX had the same thing up for a few weeks now with Tatum ranked above Isaac.

Every time I watch FSU, Isaac is barely on the floor. Seems dumb.

I said the same damn thing when I went to the UNC-FSU game. I watched Isaac put in work every damn minute he was on the floor and then randomly he would just get subbed out again. That coach makes zero sense with any of his substitutions. Imagine if Wiggins went there like he was about to...his non-aggressive self back then would have averaged like 10 PPG and probably only played like 20 MPG :lol:

My guy Len Hamilton gon live and die by the 12 man rotation :lol: :smh: ....High chance of FSU gettin upset in the tourney n Issac playing like 12 mins smh

My guy Len Hamilton gon live and die by the 12 man rotation :lol: :smh: ....High chance of FSU gettin upset in the tourney n Issac playing like 12 mins smh

Oh NOW you see what I'm talking bout :nerd: [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Get your man LENNY, big dog.

That man ain't right :smh:

Last edited:

Oh NOW you see what I'm talking bout :nerd: [emoji]128527[/emoji]

Get your man LENNY, big dog.

That man ain't right :smh:
I accepted the fact that the rotation aint going anywhere :lol:

Somebody needs to tell him to let Isaac flourish for draft and future recruiting purposes tho

[thread="634760"]The Nba Draft Thread/7480_40#post_27633347Quote:
Originally Posted by pums  

Lonzo might even be harder he has played in one system his whole life and the wonky shot makes even harder
[/thread]
Said it before, but I honestly don't see how he shines in the NBA. Below average athleticism, feet glued to the ground, non-existent lateral speed which is going to kill him in the League, weird hitch/pause on his shot when he pulls up. He's got great vision, but his weaknesses greatly reduce that advantage IMO.

[thread="634760"]Quote:

Originally Posted by pums 

Lonzo might even be harder he has played in one system his whole life and the wonky shot makes even harder

[/thread]
Said it before, but I honestly don't see how he shines in the NBA. Below average athleticism, feet glued to the ground, non-existent lateral speed which is going to kill him in the League, weird hitch/pause on his shot when he pulls up. He's got great vision, but his weaknesses greatly reduce that advantage IMO.

This notion that Lonzo is a "below average athlete" just isn't true :lol:

If anything, he's an above average athlete to good....with good size for the PG position.

Dude is quick as hell and runs effortlessly.

This notion that Lonzo is a "below average athlete" just isn't true
laugh.gif

If anything, he's an above average athlete to good....with good size for the PG position.

Dude is quick as hell and runs effortlessly.
Respectfully disagree brother. 

To me, he just lacks explosion and quickness 

"Below average athleticism, feet glued to the ground and no quickness" :lol:

He just plays at a controlled pace where he's never out of control just like how a point guard should. He rarely makes bad decisions and doesn't force what isn't there. He's just different than the Westbrook/Wall hybrid of point guards that this generation is used to that were all out 100MPH down the floor right to the basket every single play. I've seen this dude block enough shots and throw down enough dunks to know he's a pretty explosive player though.

Lonzo's a good athlete, I don't know how anyone could deny that

short arms I think though...

He;s not a freak though, so I don't see him being a super elite finisher at the next level, he's not a good enough athlete for that and lacks the level of craft in his arsenal of finishes.

Last edited:
Never in Rubio's life has he been capable of the dunks and blocks that Ball has had.

Rubio was faster on the court than Ball before his ACL tear.

Did he dunk and ****? No but that's not the end all be all of athleticism.

Last edited:
I think Rubio and Ball are very similar.
Hmm, bro.. idk with this one

I see some similarities and mentally I could see you make the argument. Like what makes them tick (both unselfish), but I actually think they are quite different

Offensively Ricky would not be as effective off ball (no pun) while as Ball can switch without too much of a hiccup. I enjoy watching him float between the two positions at UCLA

Didn't Ricky thrive in the PnR as a prospect? I feel like Ball has been in more wide open systems where it's more free flowing

I know Ricky put up scoring numbers as a teenager however once he started progressing that seemed to become less a part of his game. Where as Ball I feel is more actively looking to shoot/score as a prep and will be into the pros

Ball is an interesting one man, I see why folks are skeptical. Just hope he finds a good fit because I definitely think his skill set can be effective

I see the similarities in that neither are score first PGs who aren't then most creative off the dribble for themselves but are excellent decision makers. Similar athleticism and footspeed.

Rubio is clearly the better defender and Ball the spot up shooter. It's not exact match but they come from the same cloth of PGs.

Lonzo is definitely a good athlete. Not the kind of athlete that is going to be in dunk contests for years to come like LaVine or Wall, but a good athlete. The biggest worry with him, at least in my mind, is what he's going to be able to do in the PnR at the next level. In order to truly be effective in it, you need to be a legitimate threat to score in it. Whether that is hitting the pick hard and going to the hoop, or pulling up in the mid range. He legitimately hasn't shown me that he can do either of those things yet.

The idea that he could be a bust or anything like that just seems silly to me though. His passing and 3 point shooting is just too good.

Back
Top Bottom