The NBA Draft Thread

There's so many good players in the draft...

If the Mavs **** around and play themselves outta the Top 10... :smh:

One thing that I appreciate about Monk is that he is willing to move without the ball, I know it's only highlights, but the way he moves without the ball will give his defender lots of difficulties. His body type is similar to Curry, Rim, Reggie that of a runner. He knows how to get open.

Yup he has an elite ability to move without the ball and off screens. The best shooters in the league always have that.

I wasn't this hyped about a SG since Ben Mclemore. Still have no idea how he just completely forgot how to shoot.

I wasn't this hyped about a SG since Ben Mclemore. Still have no idea how he just completely forgot how to shoot.

:smh:

He almost BODIED somebody too last night.

Ball went in and out. Bmac literally has ALL the tools to be a successful SG (other than shot creating). I swore up and down he'd be a better version of Brad Beal.....and was confident he'd go #1 :lol:

It's the stuff you can't measure with him. Bmacs mechanics on his jumper are textbook. Beautiful

Last edited:

Ball went in and out. Bmac literally has ALL the tools to be a successful SG (other than shot creating). I swore up and down he'd be a better version of Brad Beal.....and was confident he'd go #1 :lol:

It's the stuff you can't measure with him. Bmacs mechanics on his jumper are textbook. Beautiful

Yep

He has zero competitiveness in him. He's cool with being just a guy in the NBA.

I think the issue was him being drafted by the shcift show the Kangz.

Whoa, a Nowitness sighting. :nerd:
:lol: Still around, just less time to post and keep up with the back-and-forth...

I'm fascinated by this draft class though. Tere's legitimately 8-10 dudes with upside that also have relatively high floors. And the middle of the first is really solid, too.

There may not be one legit megastar... but a lot of really solid guys that should be good starters and potentially all-stars on good teams.

Whoa, a Nowitness sighting. :nerd:
:lol: Still around, just less time to post and keep up with the back-and-forth...

I'm fascinated by this draft class though. Tere's legitimately 8-10 dudes with upside that also have relatively high floors. And the middle of the first is really solid, too.

There may not be one legit megastar... but a lot of really solid guys that should be good starters and potentially all-stars on good teams.
That's what's up...Still doing the teaching thing? :smokin

How much should we fault Dennis Smith Jr., in terms of first-year expectations in the NBA/top-5 to 3 pick, when it comes to N.C. State's record?

Look at it from the perspective of when it comes to a 'transformational' player in the top-3 to top-5 - hopefully, obviously not always getting it but - that's the hope every time we get to the end of June if you are one of the teams picking that high (optimistic but you know the rhetoric around that time by everyone).

So in the same vain as D'Angelo Russell's Ohio State Buckeyes being a No. 7 seed in the NCAA tournament that year, should we also be gauging Smith in that way? His overall impact on that team? I was watching N.C. State v. Virginia the other day and I saw plenty of deferring to his teammates early on. Granted, he's had big games (Duke/others) but when you bring a stud recruit/potential top draft pick into your program and your .500 through February, it may be alright to dampen his impact in years 1 and 2 in the league.

Last edited:
Nope, big reason why I'm not around as much. Not as much free time during the day. :lol:

I actually left teaching/coaching almost 18 months ago. Got burned out, hours and money sucked. Dealing with admin and all he red tape took the fun out of it for me..

Got into software sales, bought a house we're remodeling/updating, and we have a kid on the way in June... Just tons of other priorities lately with all that going on.

How much should we fault Dennis Smith Jr., in terms of first-year expectations in the NBA/top-5 to 3 pick, when it comes to N.C. State's record?

Look at it from the perspective of when it comes to a 'transformational' player in the top-3 to top-5 - hopefully, obviously not always getting it but - that's the hope every time we get to the end of June if you are one of the teams picking that high (optimistic but you know the rhetoric around that time by everyone).

So in the same vain as D'Angelo Russell's Ohio State Buckeyes being a No. 7 seed in the NCAA tournament that year, should we also be gauging Smith in that way? His overall impact on that team? I was watching N.C. State v. Virginia the other day and I saw plenty of deferring to his teammates early on. Granted, he's had big games (Duke/others) but when you bring a stud recruit/potential top draft pick into your program and your .500 through February, it may be alright to dampen his impact in years 1 and 2 in the league.

Same thing can be said about Fultz though. All the other top draft picks are playing with other NBA caliber players on their teams. Washington and NC State are surrounded by bums.

Last edited:
I'm very high on this draft as well but I think Fultz is a superstar for sure.

Barring injury, I just don't see how he doesn't become something similar to Harden with better defense.

He's got all the tools.

Highest PER for a high usage freshman guard as far back as they've been recording it.
One of the top assist rates ever.
Elite rebounding rate.
Elite at getting to the line.
High IQ in the PnR.
Elite finisher with both hands.
Shoots 40% from 3 on near 5 attempts per.

All while being 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan and an elite athlete.

I don't think you can ask more of a guard prospect.

Nope, big reason why I'm not around as much. Not as much free time during the day. :lol:

I actually left teaching/coaching almost 18 months ago. Got burned out, hours and money sucked. Dealing with admin and all he red tape took the fun out of it for me..

Got into software sales, bought a house we're remodeling/updating, and we have a kid on the way in June... Just tons of other priorities lately with all that going on.
I get that, I got out of education before I even started. :lol:

Good **** though. All we need now is a KLJ cameo.

I'm very high on this draft as well but I think Fultz is a superstar for sure.

Barring injury, I just don't see how he doesn't become something similar to Harden with better defense.

He's got all the tools.

Highest PER for a high usage freshman guard as far back as they've been recording it.
One of the top assist rates ever.
Elite rebounding rate.
Elite at getting to the line.
High IQ in the PnR.
Elite finisher with both hands.
Shoots 40% from 3 on near 5 attempts per.

All while being 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan and an elite athlete.

I don't think you can ask more of a guard prospect.
Reminds me of a quicker, more explosive D'Lo.

Well yeah. If you give me everything D'Lo was as a prospect with more quickness and explosion, then that's an elite prospect.

Thing I don't like about B.Roy comparison is that Roy wasn't even in the same universe as Fultz as an 18 year old freshman.

Even if you compare Fultz to Roy's senior year, he's still the better prospect.

He's also much more of a playmaker while Roy was a more effecient scorer.

Definitely a better prospect, one of the best for a guard in a while.

Still think the expectations are way too high for this kid. Highly highly doubt he'll ever become Harden elite (top 5 player in the NBA). If Roy never had injury issues those are super high expectations as well. Look at his first 4 years in the NBA and on winning teams too :smh:

One thing i'll give Fultz over both these guys is his defense potential.

Last edited:

Same thing can be said about Fultz though. All the other top draft picks are playing with other NBA caliber players on their teams. Washington and NC State are surrounded by bums.

Nah I think I fault Fultz less than I do Smith, for ex.) because Fultz is moreso like Ben Simmons than Smith Jr. in terms of impact, where the wide variety of things Fultz-Simmons do would be indispensable even on the average college team, but with Smith there's not those all-around contributions that without you'd fall off the table entirely.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom