The NBA Draft Thread

Could be worse, Kanye shrug

LAWRENCE 

Kansas freshman basketball player Josh Jackson will miss the Jayhawks’ Big 12 Tournament opener, KU coach Bill Self announced Wednesday.

The one-game suspension stems from a Feb. 2 traffic incident that Jackson told Self about Monday. Jackson is scheduled to appear in Lawrence Municipal Court this month after being cited for three traffic violations.

Jackson, 20, received a ticket on Feb. 7 for “duty upon striking an unattended vehicle, inattentive driving and improper backing,” according to the court. He is scheduled to appear at 9:30 a.m. March 27.

According to Self, Jackson backed into a parked car on the KU campus and left without leaving his information.

“Although Josh has acknowledged his responsibility and has handled it himself, he didn’t tell me about it until Monday,” Self said in a release. “He should have left his contact information at the time and notified us immediately.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/co...of-kansas/article137140073.html#storylink=cpy

UCLA has a damn good track record lately with love, westbrook and lavine. Probably doesn't hurt ball's stock

It also has absolutely nothing to do with Ball.

Love/Westbrook where in Westwood almost a decade ago playing for a different coach, in a different system. It has zero impact one way or another.

Ainge at Syracuse-Miami, I'd presume bc he's watching Tyler Lydon. Guess it could be White, both projected as late picks in different rounds.

He was at at least two Cal games by this time last year, watching Jaylen Brown.

Last edited:
Will Ball be able to shoot off the dribble with his shot? Going right is definitely going to be tough with that windup

Will Ball be able to shoot off the dribble with his shot? Going right is definitely going to be tough with that windup

Good breakdown of his shot off the dribble at about the 2:45 mark

Last edited:
I think he is smart enough to pickup the pick and roll game. It seems to be more of an experience thing.

As far as his shot going right off the dribble, I find that to be a bit more difficult to fix. If he does end up in LA, Luke will be more than capable to hide his weaknesses and utilize his strengths.

Another red flag is his free throw percentage. I never realized it was that low. Yikes!

With everything mentioned, I think Ball's first couple of years in the NBA will be a HUGE adjustment for him, but he will eventually get there.

Does anybody see Markkanen's 7.5 rebounds and 0.5 blocks as red flags? I did a quick search, and those are close to Nowitzki career averages (7.8 and .9)

Does anybody see Markkanen's 7.5 rebounds and 0.5 blocks as red flags? I did a quick search, and those are close to Nowitzki career averages (7.8 and .9)
No. He's an average rebounder and is on the perimeter a lot offensively. Decent defensive player but not a shot blocker.

Tatum outchea looking like the best draft prospect as of late 
sick.gif

Tatum is very polished offensively for his age. Good playmaker too. Hard to imagine him not being a really good scorer in the NBA at some point.

He's an average rebounder, so I'm not too worried about that. But the low steals and blocks rate worry me.

Depending on exactly where the Kings have their two picks, if it's outside of the top 5 and they end up with say Issac and Tatum, I'd be satisfied with that haul

I kind of like Fox and Buddy in a backcourt. Throw in Tatum and that's a decent start along the perimeter.

I'm not sold on this class man. Every lotto pick can't be the goods like I always read in here :lol:. Would be amazing if it unfolded like that tho

I'm not sold on this class man. Every lotto pick can't be the goods like I always read in here :lol:. Would be amazing if it unfolded like that tho
Obviously we have no idea what these guys will actually do, but if you compare them as prospects....

There hasn't really been a prospect like Fultz anytime recently. Jayson Tatum's offensive game is kinda similar to Jabari Parker, who was a fringe all-star this year, despite all of the time he's missed. Josh Jackson's numbers are a bit better than Andrew Wiggins offensively, and he's much more of a dawg on defense than him. Lonzo Ball, who knows. His floor is pretty high though, IMO. Dennis Smith could be an absolute beast in an NBA setting. Has the tools. Unfortunately the class doesn't have any elite bigs, but it does have some prospects that definitely hold their weight compared to prospects from previous years...

Back
Top Bottom