The NBA Draft Thread

Is Skal developing his perimeter game? Asking because I find a potential Isaac/WCS frontcourt intriguing in a few years

Fox and Frank kinda scare me, I would still take them both top 8-10

Last edited:
Skal is developing quite well. I'm a miserable kings fan but love seeing our young guys getting opportunity. Kid has a great motor, ethic, and touch. Him developing a consistent midrange game will be huge. He will need to beef up a little this offseason but there's a lot to look forward to with him.

Skal is developing quite well. I'm a miserable kings fan but love seeing our young guys getting opportunity. Kid has a great motor, ethic, and touch. Him developing a consistent midrange game will be huge. He will need to beef up a little this offseason but there's a lot to look forward to with him.
Honestly can't believe he dropped as much as he did given the (lack of) talent in this draft. He's a perfect project pick.

I'm not sold on this class man. Every lotto pick can't be the goods like I always read in here :lol:. Would be amazing if it unfolded like that tho
Every draft thread ppl get hyped mane , then reality hits and most of em average at best :lol:, a great draft has 2 or 3 all stars max ...around draft time last year dudes were talking themselves into that draft not being as bad as predicted :x :lol:

Honestly can't believe he dropped as much as he did given the (lack of) talent in this draft. He's a perfect project pick.
He dropped exactly cuz his motor n ethic was a total opposite of what the poster said he has now ...was soft, lacked effort and looked lost in college

It hasn't been that long since he was at Kentucky. Kid was bad.

It hasn't been that long since he was at Kentucky. Kid was bad.
If he was soft without a motor at Kentucky, I'm glad to see him switch it up in the league. Like poster said you can tell he's a project, but he's def been putting in work. I was a huge DMC fan and I'll admit it has been refreshing to see Skal and Buddy get quality minutes in the last 20 games. Sucks because Malachi went down and is done for the season but even he looked confident and hungry. Gotta give props to our developmental league tbh.

If the cards are dealt in our favor and we land two top 10 picks in this draft, I'll then be a huge fan of the trade. But I'm not holding my breath.

I need Tatum to keep balling so he's not available when the Knicks are on the clock.

I'd see it with him if I had any confidence he could be a decent three point shooter but I don't think his form will ever let him get there.

I need Tatum to keep balling so he's not available when the Knicks are on the clock.

I'd see it with him if I had any confidence he could be a decent three point shooter but I don't think his form will ever let him get there.
87% free throws on decent volume is encouraging. He may not ever be able to dance & pull up from there, but being a solid catch & shoot guy, particularly in the corners, in certainly attainable

If Tatum continues his strong play through the tournament he probably goes after Fultz, Ball, & Jackson

One things a given, wherever the hornets draft they'll probably take Justin Jackson and they'll continue the trend of pissing away draft picks :smh:

I still think JJ > Isaac > Tatum

Would also take DSJ & Monk before Tatum too. Idk I'm just not sold. He's been playing better recently but idk I'm just not sold yet.

I still think JJ > Isaac > Tatum

Would also take DSJ & Monk before Tatum too. Idk I'm just not sold. He's been playing better recently but idk I'm just not sold yet.
Jackson reminds me of jeremy Lamb 2.0. Maybe Jackson can be a more reliable shooter/scorer in the NBA

Gotta be Justin.
laugh.gif

I don't think Justin resembles Lamb's game at all, though.
I assume he's talking about Justin. Josh is the complete opposite of Lamb
laugh.gif

Jackson reminds me of jeremy Lamb 2.0. Maybe Jackson can be a more reliable shooter/scorer in the NBA
Josh or Justin
Justin. Score first mentality. Their college stats almost identical too **** cray

Some numbers and long analysis:

College Prospect Rating (CPR) Version 3

View media item 2363187
College Prospect Rating (CPR) is a formula based on college box score production that attempts to approximate prospects’ future NBA potential. It works from several foundational assumptions.
To weed out the influence of inconsistency, CPR uses averages of top 10 performances in each stat. Unfortunately, this requires game log data, which is hard to come by for seasons even as recent as 8 years ago.
CPR cannot account for everything. CPR uses box score statistics, and these statistics tell an incomplete story of a player’s production.

http://www.basketballanalyticsbook.com/2017/03/10/college-prospect-rating-cpr-version-3/

I've been thinking about Monk a lot. Feel like his potential is too ridiculous to pass up.

Back
Top Bottom