The NBA Draft Thread

I too feel for Liangelo. He should be playing a different sport (perhaps football or track and field) and all the pressure from his father to be one and done going to make him feel inadequate when it doesn't become a reality 
mean.gif

As far as the freshman, it'll be interesting to see him develop. I just saw some other freshman in Florida who has a following too named Julian Newman or something. It's getting crazy out here

Last edited:
I don't feel sorry for him. He's got a scholarship to UCLA of the muscle of his brother.

Somebody in the family gotta be Tito

I don't feel sorry for him. He's got a scholarship to UCLA of the muscle of his brother.

It's not really about that though, it's a psychological thing in my eyes beyond sports. I don't know what goes through Liangelo's head, I just hope all this stuff with his dad don't scar him if he doesn't live up to all these expectations

It's one thing to be say, Blake's brother or Jordan's brother.. I don't think the level of expectation was anywhere near the level it is for this family. Dad is going all in on all his sons

Maybe Liangelo realizes certain things and doesn't buy into all this stuff but ya never know

Last edited:

It's not really about that though, it's a psychological thing in my eyes beyond sports. I don't know what goes through Liangelo's head, I just hope all this stuff with his dad don't scar him if he doesn't live up to all these expectations

It's one thing to be say, Blake's brother or Jordan's brother.. I don't think the level of expectation was anywhere near the level it is for this family. Dad is going all in on all his sons

Maybe Liangelo realizes certain things and doesn't buy into all this stuff but ya never know

Making his father sound like Joe Jackson. :lol:

No LiAngelo or whatever his name is, is just playing the wrong sport plain and simple. He is gonna go to UCLA and be very very average

Former #2 Vs #3 picks, it's clear that third picks did waaay better.

D'Angelo - Oak (to be fair, Hinkie wanted porzingis but they wanted nothing to do with the process)

Jabari - Embiid

View media item 2365521
Some notable ones:
Thabeet over James Harden
Marvin Williams over Deron Williams
Darko over Melo
Tyson Chandler over Pau
Shawn Bradley over Penny

Last edited:
:x Randle blatantly threw the game away last night. The Sixers Lakers game last night was an important race to the bottom game and Lakers won. :smh:

He's still SuperCoolBeas to me dammit :smh:

Issac strikes me as the Myles Turner of the draft. Physical profile, skillset everything is there, just played for a ****** coach that didn't know how to properly feature his game.

Just want Markannen or Issac on the Knicks.

The Fox is John Wall thing is cool but he isn't the athlete Wall is and not being able to shoot is a death penalty for every other PG.

He's a lot more Brandon Jennings than John Wall.

I don't know whether to put this in here or not given the direction of this thread now:

r172788_576x324_16-9.jpg

@AdamMKaufman Jaylen Brown's last 15 games (9 starts): 10.7 PPG, 4.5 RPG, shooting 51.4% (43.9% from 3). Last 12: 54% (48.5% from 3). #Celtics #Stud

He's still SuperCoolBeas to me dammit :smh:

Issac strikes me as the Myles Turner of the draft. Physical profile, skillset everything is there, just played for a ****** coach that didn't know how to properly feature his game.

Just want Markannen or Issac on the Knicks.

The Fox is John Wall thing is cool but he isn't the athlete Wall is and not being able to shoot is a death penalty for every other PG.

He's a lot more Brandon Jennings than John Wall.

I think that the Knicks have a very realistic chance in drafting either or.

As far as Fox being more like Jennings...how on earth did you come up with that comparison? If Fox's red flag is shooting threes, how is that related to a guy who is more than comfortable behind the stripe?

Give Jaylen 2 more years and he's going to be Jimmy Butler 2.0 :smokin

Now just need to get Fultz.

Browns been playing the 4 right? Makes him that much more valuable. His motor translated big time
Nah they actually were playing him at the 2 when Bradley was out. I think he probably could play the 4 in a small ball lineup down the line. Seems like your prototypical 3 though.

Back
Top Bottom