The NBA Draft Thread

Rubio's defense is not above average. I don't get where this narrative came on NT that he's a great defender, but he's not.

Rubio had the 11th best DRPM (0.75) last season & 16th best ORPM (1.74) last season among all PG's. Good for the 10th best overall RPM (2.49).

He is good.

Last edited:
I know the difference. He's not good on the ball and he gambles way too much. All those steals he gets are a result of said gambling.

Rubio was playing out of his mind the second half of this year. Shot falling plus the elite passing and above average defense. I'll take that any day.
He just posted the best shooting season of his career @ 40%, He barely hit the 30% mark from 3. 

If you're going to take the small sample of Post All Star Break...which is 24 games btw...to try to paint a broad picture on Rubio...we can do the same for alot of players and mislabel them as well. 

Last edited:
Bruh I can't wait for the season. God I'm gonna be on y'all head.

Or will he be 2 years away from being 2 years away?

:nerd:

:rofl:.

He ready to play now. This ain't no Bruno type *****. If Isaac goes to Phoenix or Minny.....LOOK out! #JustWaitOn it :pimp:

Side note: How many years away is Bruno now :nerd:
So is he playing in front of Chriss or Bender?

Or is he playing the 3?

My god he's gonna struggle at the 3.

Rubio's defense is not above average. I don't get where this narrative came on NT that he's a great defender, but he's not.
He defended very well in the Olympics and before his injury so I think that has something to do with the reputation.

Phoenix better just hope Sixers pass on Josh Jackson.

the only way I see them passing on Jackson is if they trade down. That's it. If Colangelo picks anyone other than Jackson at 3, he's done a mistake because he is the clear cut #3 and can get anyone else trading down.

the only way I see them passing on Jackson is if they trade down. That's it. If Colangelo picks anyone other than Jackson at 3, he's done a mistake because he is the clear cut #3 and can get anyone else trading down.
I agree with that thought process, and I would 100% be with you if Philly wasn't showing signs of life.

Philly was at a point where all they were concerned about was drafting the best available talent.

Now that they have their franchise player in Embiid and they have Simmons coming back, they need to actually shape a good team.

That may lead to the Sixers trading down for Monk or taking Tatum.

That can change if they get swept.

Being good friends is cool, until you realize you need a PG13 or Jimmy Butler.
It would make absolutely no sense to trade a first overall pick for either of those dudes. 

Last edited:
Lol at calling Rubio a bum. Dude tore his ACL, recovered, then his mother passed.

These are probably same dudes saying Dunn was gonna take his job. Once he leaves the Wolves you'll see how much Wiggins and KAT get affected.

Last edited:
Lol at calling Rubio a bum. Probably same dudes saying Dunn was gonna take his job.

Once he leaves the Wolves you'll see how much Wiggins and KAT get affected.
They won 31 games 
laugh.gif

What are you saying right now? 

Saying he's nowhere near a bum. Dude is arguably the best passer in the league, makes KAT and Wiggins job 100x easier.

Ask any wolves fan how much worse they play without him on the floor. That team's troubles go way beyond Rubio.

Last edited:
Saying he's not a bum. Dude is arguably the best passer in the league, makes KAT and Wiggins job 100x easier.

Ask any wolves fan how much worse they play without him on the floor. That team's troubles go way beyond Rubio.
And how many Wolves are satisfied with the product with him on the floor? 

If they are **** with him off the floor...what is the value in being slightly less **** with him on the floor? Is being a career sub 40% shooter not one of the team's troubles? 

Last edited:
Shooting 40% is terrible for a guard, yes. But when you attempt an average 8.7 shots per game for your career its not as bad it seems.

Their lack of interior defense mainly because KAT refuses to guard anything is a much bigger problem. The team is almost as bad as when Love (whose known for his lack of defense) was there. Team defense and depth is their main issue.

Once again, their troubles go far beyond Rubio's 40% shooting on 8 shots a game.

Last edited:
If Rubio or Rondo had a midrange game... Like really how hard was it for these guys to pay some 7ft stiff a couple of thousands to try to block their midrange shots for a whole summer

You want them practicing contested jumpers?

Rondo shoots at league average from 3 the past two seasons and his best asset will always be his playmaking.

Lmaooooo people are hilarious man

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom