The NBA Draft Thread

To be fair both of them dudes looked very different athletically after their injuries.. so whatever state their jump shots were in, they were promising until they got hurt

They're not languishing IMO either, in fact Rondo may have just earned himself another decent bag
Neither of them is a bad player.  I actually think Rubio is better right now and he could probably start on a playoff team (would have to be next to a lights-out shooter).  But its such a team-building limitation in the current environment when one of your guards doesn't provide shooting and spacing.

And yeah injuries is a big part of it.  Damn shame.

Last edited:
If Rubio or Rondo had a midrange game... Like really how hard was it for these guys to pay some 7ft stiff a couple of thousands to try to block their midrange shots for a whole summer.

Man I wish I could get an nba consultation job for player development

Last edited:
If Rubio or Rondo had a midrange game... Like really how hard was it for these guys to pay some 7ft stiff a couple of thousands to try to block their midrange shots for a whole summer

You want them practicing contested jumpers?

Rondo shoots at league average from 3 the past two seasons and his best asset will always be his playmaking.

If Rubio or Rondo had a midrange game... Like really how hard was it for these guys to pay some 7ft stiff a couple of thousands to try to block their midrange shots for a whole summer

Rondo shoots at league average from 3 the past two seasons and his best asset will always be his playmaking.

Yes, shooting against someone contesting your shot helps you get over the mental hurdle of shooting with limited space.

Edit:

It's one less thing for them to analyze. Essentially that shot has to become their best case scenario. I have a feeling that it's pretty much their worst case scenario after years of mental trauma

Last edited:

Rubio (and Rondo at times) struggles even finishing at the basket. It's definitely mental.

@YoungThunderCat

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19403402/potential-2017-nba-draft-steals

nerd.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
they laid him off

thats why he trolling

man, i like pretty ricky

i was hyped over the idea of a deng for rubio deal ....ricky/d'lo backcourt would have been solid. 

Last edited:
I think so too. He's a great veteran presence and can bring much needed defence. But if Minny fans were all up on his behind all these years, I can just imagine how bad the LA fans will treat Rubio.

I remember when Marc Gasol was a free agent, he wouldn't even consider the Lakers mainly due to how they treated his brother who helped bring them 2 championships.

I think so too. He's a great veteran presence and can bring much needed defence. But if Minny fans were all up on his behind all these years, I can just imagine how bad the LA fans will treat Rubio.

I remember when Marc Gasol was a free agent, he wouldn't even consider the Lakers mainly due to how they treated his brother who helped bring them 2 championships.
i mean Pau was his brother

Ricky wouldve been welcomed with open arms  if it meant shipping Deng on out 

his role on the team woudve be completely different, team runs a completely different offensive scheme

Bruh I can't wait for the season. God I'm gonna be on y'all head.

Or will he be 2 years away from being 2 years away?

:nerd:

:rofl:.

He ready to play now. This ain't no Bruno type *****. If Isaac goes to Phoenix or Minny.....LOOK out! #JustWaitOn it :pimp:

Side note: How many years away is Bruno now :nerd:

I could see Rubio being a top level backup on a contender.  Like a Shaun Livingston level player (not comparing their games).

Raptors mismanaging Bruno. He was their true hope, then Kyle Lowrey found his game and Derozan finally became somewhat of an efficient scorer and they just forgot about him.

Rubio was playing out of his mind the second half of this year. Shot falling plus the elite passing and above average defense. I'll take that any day.

Back
Top Bottom