The NBA Draft Thread

Considering how weak lasts year draft was if Brown is a solid role player on a winning team the Celtics did well

Also smart is perfect fit for what the Celtics need ( defense, toughness, and occasional play making) so I wouldn't say they missed on that pick either

Last edited:
Two of Utah's most important players are George hill and Joe Johnson. No way is their situation better than Boston. Swap Hayward and Gobert with horford and Crowder and even I'd have to take the C's serious

Considering how weak lasts year draft was if Brown is a solid role player on a winning team the Celtics did well

Also smart is perfect fit for what the Celtics need ( defense, toughness, and occasional play making) so I wouldn't say they missed on that pick either

See this is what I mean. If all those 'assets' amount to a couple solid role players then it's not looking too good for Danny boy

Wavy you're my dude, but I just don't see it....Celtics are already better currently constructed, are in the East, and have the #1 pick this year and BKNs pick next year....How exactly is Utah supposed to get significantly better in the next couple years?

Dudes out here still don't understand how good Rudy Gobert is :smh: :lol:

If the NBA didn't decide to play politics and make AD a Center this year and give him all NBA 1st team....Gobert woulda and shoulda been on that first team.

Right now, he's the best center in the league. Capable scorer, defensive anchor, elite rim protector, can hit FTS and change the game.

I don't see Gordon Hayward leaving a Utah team with an all NBA game changing center...a team that he comfortable with...and knows his role as the man.

Agreed. Gobert is the real deal. Too bad he'll never get the full credit for what he actually does.

Last edited:
Wavy you're my dude, but I just don't see it....Celtics are already better currently constructed, are in the East, and have the #1 pick this year and BKNs pick next year....How exactly is Utah supposed to get significantly better in the next couple years?

They're only going to get worse in the immediate future. Even if PG stays no less than 2 of hill/exum/favors are gone. Joe and Boris on their death beds. Hood and Burks are intriguing but as of now that's all they are

Kings ending up with Fox and Monk wouldn't be too shabby. Kentucky af

I could easily see it playing out like

Fultz
Ball
Jackson
Tatum
Kings: Fox
Issac
Lauri
Frank
Smith
Kings: Monk
it's interesting on most of these draft sites they actually think the mavs have interest in Lauri when we've always needed a pg if we can't get frank Deaaron or dennis either one then I would trade the pick for multiple lower picks in the lower teens or 20s like trailblazers picks...

Only reason Hayward might leave Utah is because they're kinda maxed out. Favors & Hood are what they are at this point. Johnson & Diaw are aging vets. Ingles is nice but he's not moving the needle that much. Is Alec Burks still alive? Also, they pretty much have to bring back George Hill or else they'll be relying on Exum, Mack, or Neto.

Boston is intriguing because of their need for a wing + the obvious Brad Stevens connection. Either way, he's probably not winning a championship.

Mavs drafting Lauri and expecting him to be even half of what dirk was would be the worst thing to happen to Lauri.

Truth be told....I'm just a fan of Utah and dislike Boston :lol:

But within that...I just have a hard time seeing Hayward leave something that he was a part of successfully building....that has intriguing pieces....just to go play for his old college coach on the East Coast that have an intriguing future. What you're saying isn't wrong...I just don't see it.

Two of Utah's most important players are George hill and Joe Johnson. No way is their situation better than Boston. Swap Hayward and Gobert with horford and Crowder and even I'd have to take the C's serious

See this is what I mean. If all those 'assets' amount to a couple solid role players then it's not looking too good for Danny boy
I been said that the whole assets thing was overrated cuz alotta of em was late 1st round ...but u gotta take into account the situation when making the picks , so far it looks like the Celtics did just fine picking in the lottery when they had a chance ...can't go back and say they missed on anybody too obvious at the time

The assets that Ainge/Celts fans talk about are most certainly there. Mostly they are from the Nets trade, and we could easily cash them in for someone if we wanted. The trade is going to likely net them 3 top 5 picks. Landscape has changed a bit in the last couple years though and it just doesn't make sense to make a move.

Don't know why this is such a difficult concept for some.

Last edited:
One of those top 3 picks is going to be coming off the bench his second year. Fultz probably will too. There's a logjam that needs to be cleaned up ASAP

Back
Top Bottom