The NBA Draft Thread

Disagree, especially the "clearly" part. I prob said it in here awhile ago but he's essentially a less skilled Andrew Wiggins at the same point of their careers.

Was just about to say this. Literally had it drafted :lol:. Better passer and rebounder tho

Some say Isaac > Ingram
nerd.gif
What does Isaac even do well he really seems like he's a jack of some trades but not a master of any. 

in all honesty, fultz might still be rated higher. But, if Ingram had played one more year in Duke to develop and we had no recollection of him playing with Lakers, I fully believe that Ingram would have been considered a better prospect than Jackson 

Last edited:
What does Isaac even do well he really seems like he's a jack of some trades but not a master of any. 

Already very good defensively. 6'11....and is a versatile defender with great instincts. He has the potential to blow up pick and rolls...help and recover, switch and contest, protect the rim and guard multiple positions. Good rebounder on both ends.

On offense....he's a great off ball cutter and has a nose for the ball. Low usage...but efficient as hell. Doesn't need the rock to be effective...but shows he can put it on the deck, lead the break and score over smaller defenders.

Thing with Isaac is it's very easy to see how his game translates to the NBA and he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses other than being slim. But he's tough and competes. If he shows that he's a above average 3pt shooter at the next level like he was in college....the rest will follow.

Him shooting 35% from 3 and 80% from the line are indicators that he's an above average shooter. Which at 6'11 with his tools...becomes very valuable.

Last edited:
Isaac playing 4 is gunna be a problem. His defensive potential is scary good. Plus he can stroke it a bit so I'm sure in time he'll be money from the corner. Only problem is I feel like his ceiling is like a 3rd option of offense. U can't really give him the ball and let him ISO or P&R. Kinda reminds of Winslow but I don't think he'll fall as far.

Loved watching Isaac during the season, but idk, my interest has kinda wained on him. Not sure how or why anyone would choose Tatum over Isaac tho.

Last edited:
So he's Giannis

No. Giannis is better offensively....and a natuarally more fluid ball handler, playmaker and is more athletic and comfortable
With the ball in his hands. They have nothing in common other than being 6'11 long, and versatile.

Isaac projects to be a longer, younger, better version of Otto Porter with more potential.

Last edited:
D'lo had 26% usage this year. 30% in college. Lonzo had 18%. But somehow someway he's gonna take the ball out of dlo's hands. Dudes sound stupid af
Bruh you can talk that usage and science nonsense all you want. DLo is a 2 with very good vision. Is playing outta position bc people fell in love with his height for that position. He plays the one yes but he would be way more productive off the ball.

Last edited:
Disagree, especially the "clearly" part. I prob said it in here awhile ago but he's essentially a less skilled Andrew Wiggins at the same point of their careers.

Get the **** outta here. There was plenty of times during the year that people in here were saying he was better than Wiggins was during college, I was one of them and most Kansas fans seemed to be saying the same as well. They averaged basically the exact same PPG while Wiggins played a couple minutes more than him and Josh Jackson is a MUCH better passer, defender, rebounder and most importantly actually plays with heart. Dude has that dog in him that Wiggins will never have.

Get the **** outta here. There was plenty of times during the year that people in here were saying he was better than Wiggins was during college, I was one of them and most Kansas fans seemed to be saying the same as well. They averaged basically the exact same PPG while Wiggins played a couple minutes more than him and Josh Jackson is a MUCH better passer, defender, rebounder and most importantly actually plays with heart. Dude has that dog in him that Wiggins will never have.

but if you can't shoot you can't play sooooo...

hard to say he's a better prospect than wiggins.

but if you can't shoot you can't play sooooo...

hard to say he's a better prospect than wiggins.

He said "less skilled"...Josh Jackson is more skilled at all other facets of basketball than Wiggins was in college other than shooting and I don't think his shot is broke at all. His free throw percentage was bad but he only shot 4.9 free throws per game and made 2.8 of them...that's a pretty damn small sample size. He also shot 51% from the field and improved his three point shot as the season went on.

Last edited:
D'lo had 26% usage this year. 30% in college. Lonzo had 18%. But somehow someway he's gonna take the ball out of dlo's hands. Dudes sound stupid af
Bruh you can talk that usage and science nonsense all you want. DLo is a 2 with very good vision. Is playing outta position bc people fell in love with his height for that position. He plays the one yes but he would be way more productive off the ball.

He's pretty good at PG too.... He can play either.

He's a better overall PG than Lonzo even playing out of position in comparison coming out of college.

Also does it really matter, the NBA has become relatively positionless, where Guards slide up and down position. Forwards slide up and down position, small ball lineups, etc?

If you're running the half court, Russell is immensely more suited to run a successful offense compared to Lonzo, who would play a more run and gun. For the Lakers to be more successful next season, Russell would need his hands on the ball more than Lonzo

Last edited:
I'm with you...the league is def becoming positionless. I'm not even speaking on Ball going there bc I think that's the wrong fit. I was speaking of Fox in LA to offset DLo bum as defense.

He said "less skilled"...Josh Jackson is more skilled at all other facets of basketball than Wiggins was in college other than shooting and I don't think his shot is broke at all. His free throw percentage was bad but he only shot 4.9 free throws per game and made 2.8 of them...that's a pretty damn small sample size. He also shot 51% from the field and improved his three point shot as the season went on.

but the thing is shooting is the most important skill.

ft% is a generally more reliable indicator than 3p% for future shooting.

Josh shoots the ball way in front of his body with a weird wind up, sometimes on the way down, varying release points, horrible misses, shot terribly from everywhere except from the low sample 3PA. If that's not a broken jumper, what is?

I think if you are in the top 3 you have to go for upside, and Josh Jackson could maybe be Andre Iguadala, which would be a great outcome but not quite good enough for a top 3 pick.

You NOT gon convince that man that his boy aint playing PG, he not having it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom