The NBA Draft Thread

You gotta be trollin right now man.....

I know Dlo is your guy and all....but wow :lol:

That's your counterargument? He excels off ball coming off screens, cutting etc and he's a great shooter. He sucks at creating off the dribble and pnr. You're better than this (I think)

D'Lo is moving to SG permanently man let it go.

Just like this season when he lost his job but went on to have the same usage and more assists right?

No use drafting Lonzo if you not gon put the rock in his hands ...gotta at least let him try to run the squad not have him off the ball

Ball is a real interesting prospect. I think he should be neck and neck with Fox for the third spot. Seems like a lot of people think he's gonna be Kendall Marshall 2.0 :lol:

Can't wait for the hot takes after summer league

Fox a top 3 prospect?

Him being thirsty for workouts and dropping 39 on Lonzos head got a lot of y'all gassed :rofl:

He's in that 6-10 range. Fultz, Jackson, Ball, Isaac, Monk, DSJR & Tatum are better prospects. Hell, Frank N possibly too.

Fox a top 3 prospect?

Him being thirsty for workouts and dropping 39 on Lonzos head got a lot of y'all gassed
roll.gif

He's in that 6-10 range. Fultz, Jackson, Ball, Isaac, Monk, DSJR & Tatum are better prospects. Hell, Frank N possibly too.
This will be fun to monitor

I got Fox firmly at #5 to Sac

Fox a top 3 prospect?

Him being thirsty for workouts and dropping 39 on Lonzos head got a lot of y'all gassed
roll.gif

I been saying that alot of the Fox gas stems from Lonzo-hate. 

Fox a top 3 prospect?

Him being thirsty for workouts and dropping 39 on Lonzos head got a lot of y'all gassed :rofl:

What does him being thirsty for workouts have to do with anything? :lol: we all ain't draft rooks in here

Idk how you could clearly put Monk, Tatum or DSJr over him. I just don't see it. Jackson and Fultz are obvious to me. Ball and Isaac should be in the same tier at least.

What does him being thirsty for workouts have to do with anything? :lol: we all ain't draft rooks in here

Idk how you could clearly put Monk, Tatum or DSJr over him. I just don't see it. Jackson and Fultz are obvious to me. Ball and Isaac should be in the same tier at least.

I mean he's the ONLY one that's active right now. The DX workouts, interviews, attending the combine etc. That brings more attention that the guys we haven't seen stretch in almost 2 months.

Ratsull can handle the bulk of the PnR duties, though it is a red flag that Ball has never really excelled in PnR. tbh his teams simply didn't implement it, so I'm not writing that aspect of his game off quite yet

I don't think it's that imperative for a point guard to get to the line. Some of the best point guards in the NBA don't put up high FT attempt numbers. Ball isn't a score first point guard anyway

Didn't implement it because it wasn't optimal given his abilities. Can't pull up both ways, no in between game, limitations as a slasher so he can't make me pay on the switch. Between Chino & UCLA have we ever seen him deliver a pocket pass? Then 75% of his 3s were assisted.

I mean cmon.

Then you say D'Lo is on pnr, so I'm drafting Lonzo to do what exactly? Or are they taking turns every trip down the court? How productive is he being for me?

Last edited:
Forgot where I read it, but someone made an interesting point that Lonzo plays very "upright" on both sides of the ball.

We all know hoopmixtapes and ballislife videos are the best way to evalute athleticism

Didn't implement it because it wasn't optimal given his abilities. Can't pull up both ways, no in between game, limitations as a slasher so he can't make me pay on the switch. Between Chino & UCLA have we ever seen him deliver a pocket pass? Then 75% of his 3s were assisted.

I mean cmon.

Then you say D'Lo is on pnr, so I'm drafting Lonzo to do what exactly? Or are they taking turns every trip down the court? How productive is he being for me?
Could be very true

As for why would LAL draft Lonzo, it'd be for his vision and ability to ignite an offense. A guy you can't leave open, to hopefully mix with other guys you can't leave open (Ratsull and Ingram)

Frank N is a rotation player at best. Good shooter and solid defender but he's no where near ready for the NBA level.

Ingram and Dlo still have to improve but you're essentially banking on them being 20 point scorers and Lonzo doesn't really need to score to be effective. In the halfcourt, he can provide spacing which this team desperately needs.

Lonzo is the most polorizing draft prospect in a minute so it's not surprising to see the wide range of opinions.

D'lo had 26% usage this year. 30% in college. Lonzo had 18%. But somehow someway he's gonna take the ball out of dlo's hands. Dudes sound stupid af

I think many prospects have higher median outcomes than Fox but Fox is the only one with star potential outside of fultz.

gotta take a swing if you are picking that high.

Last edited:
I think many prospects have higher median outcomes than Fox but Fox is the only one with star potential outside of fultz.

Jackson clearly is the second best player in this class...and the other one with "star potential"

He have it all. If you're optimistic about his jumper improving going forward.....it's a wrap.

Size, elite athleticism, vision, feel for the game, versatility, production, confidence, two way potential.....

If we're talking about ceilings....Josh Jackson has Kawhi level two way potential.

Jackson clearly is the second best player in this class...and the other one with "star potential"

He have it all. If you're optimistic about his jumper improving going forward.....it's a wrap.

Size, elite athleticism, vision, feel for the game, versatility, production, confidence, two way potential.....

If we're talking about ceilings....Josh Jackson has Kawhi level two way potential.

Poor wingspan, old for his class, hitch in his jumper...i don't see it.

I have the same issues I had with Justice Winslowe, and I really don't see why I should think it's going to work out much better for Justin Jacjson.

Disagree, especially the "clearly" part. I prob said it in here awhile ago but he's essentially a less skilled Andrew Wiggins at the same point of their careers.

Disagree, especially the "clearly" part. I prob said it in here awhile ago but he's essentially a less skilled Andrew Wiggins at the same point of their careers.

That's too easy of a comparison :lol:. But the numbers are similar. And it makes sense in some respects.

Jackson is a much better distributor and ball handler though. And of course...tougher by default because Wiggins is from Canada.

Nobody foresaw Andrew being this kinda scorer....and not contributing anything else. Shorty still got the tools though. Just gotta get that Canada out of him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom