The NBA Draft Thread

Nuggets were in the top 5 youngest teams last year ...Lakers weren't tho, u can thank the wonderful signings of Moz , deng and bringing artest back for that :lol:

Look at who was actually playing for them tho. Dudes like Gallo Faried Chandler Barton and Nelson were getting all the minutes

Gotta luv the "If's" :lol: ....u just talked about the best case scenario for your team , of course they got a chance at the playoffs in that situation ...way to go out on a limb tho

That's one "if" in that entire post of mine.

And if our top two players stay healthy for a majority of the season then the worst team of the last 4 years is making the playoffs isn't "going out on a limb"? You just want me to say some ridiculous **** that would have a better chance of being completely wrong a year from now.

1) once again until proven otherwise Embiid can't stay healthy long enough to impact a playoff team
2) Simmons still hasn't played in the league, nobody knows how he's going to do in his 1st year
3) very rare that a team as bad as Philly jumps into the playoffs with young players leading em , rarely happens in the NBA
4) your top 2 players are somebody that hasn't played yet and a dude who can't even do back to back in his early 20's ...that doesn't scream playoffs talk in the offseason no matter how u slice it , even a bigger homer than u can probly see that

1) once again until proven otherwise Embiid can't stay healthy long enough to impact a playoff team
2) Simmons still hasn't played in the league, nobody knows how he's going to do in his 1st year
3) very rare that a team as bad as Philly jumps into the playoffs with young players leading em , rarely happens in the NBA
4) your top 2 players are somebody that hasn't played yet and a dude who can't even do back to back in his early 20's ...that doesn't scream playoffs talk in the offseason no matter how u slice it , even a bigger homer than u can probly see that

And you typed out all this **** when you just said I wasn't "going out on a limb"

Here's another one I won't have to go out on much of a limb on....the Orlando Magic will suck balls again this year.

And you typed out all this **** when you just said I wasn't "going out on a limb"

Here's another one I won't have to go out on much of a limb on....the Orlando Magic will suck balls again this year.
Yes they will :pimp: ...but unlike u I KNOW and accept it , funny thing is they got still got a chance at more wins than Philly next year :lol:

If u was a Magic homer , " if Elf Payton and Gordon get that jumper right this summer and Hezonja lives up to the hype ...plus we sign reddick to come back home to his 1st team we in the playoffs guaranteed "

Last edited:
Yes they will :pimp: ...but unlike u I KNOW and accept it , funny thing is they got still got a chance at more wins than Philly next year :lol:

If u was a Magic homer , " if Elf Payton and Gordon get that jumper right this summer and Hezonja lives up to the hype ...plus we sign reddick to come back home to his 1st team we in the playoffs guaranteed "

The **** you just said about the Magic has absolutely nothing in common with what I said about the Sixers. I said one thing and only one thing needs to happen for the Sixers to make the playoffs next year....Embiid and Simmons stay healthy. That's it. That happens and they make the playoffs next year. I didn't say TJ McConnell needs to morph into John Stockton, Covington needs to become a top 5 SF and Fultz needs to slip to #3.

Make up your mind on if I'm "going out on a limb" or not.

Last edited:
I'd take Jackson over Ball in most situations EXCEPT the Lakers situation (and Philly's too).

Don't think he fits with the current makeup of the team, especially when he plays the same position as your one "untouchable" player.

What's brewing in Sacramento is intriguing as well. I don't think DSJ lasts to 10 though but still think they get someone adequate in that spot.

Ball would be nice in Philly but what worries my are all the unknowns, his game is too unconventional and so is Simmon's. You need to construct specific teams around them once you see them play. constructing specific teams around just one of them is hard enough let alone both.

the IQ and unselfishness of that team will be off the charts though.

Dirk Nowitzki and Pau Gasol were the first European players who became lottery picks. They both became All-Stars.

Since then, 16 Europeans have been lottery picks, and none of them have been All-Stars.

Few and far between. International lottery picks to become All-Stars

2002 Yao Ming 1st
2001 Pau Gasol 3rd
1998 Dirk Nowitzki 9th

Since 1998 (when Nowitzki was drafted), 21 percent of lottery picks from American colleges have been an All-Star at least once (41 of 194). Meanwhile, 11 percent of Europeans drafted in the lottery since 1998 have been All-Stars (two of 18).

Including all international lottery picks, 13 percent (three of 23) have become All-Stars: Nowitzki, Gasol and Yao Ming. (An international/European player is defined as a non-American player who did not play American college basketball.)

After the selection of Yao in 2002, 19 international players have been drafted in the lottery, and none have been All-Stars.

Using win shares to evaluate selections. Using win shares -- an estimate of the number of wins a player contributes to his team -- the numbers say that college players have been much more successful than international players when drafted in the lottery.

College lottery picks have averaged 69 percent more win shares per season and 88 percent more win shares for their career than international lottery picks.

Outside of the lottery. For teams drafting outside the lottery positions, it makes sense to take a chance on an international player later in the first round or the second round. Plenty of those players have turned into great value picks, including Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Marc Gasol.

But the numbers show that the odds are better to use a lottery pick on a college player rather than to take a chance on an international player.

Last edited:
@SHowardCooper De’Aaron Fox getting into his visits. Sacramento (5) today, scheduled for Phoenix (4) later in week, Lakers (2) and Philly (3) next week.
@SHowardCooper Lonzo Ball has never been a lock for the Lakers. Fox interview will blow them away. Mature, smart, handles the spotlight. A real option at 2
@SHowardCooper Lakers also brought in PG Jawun Evans, but for 28. He is getting interest in the 20s, including the Blazers with two in that range.

Last edited:
Evans should be a first round pick. I don't think it's even a question

Fox to the lakers would be hilarious but feel like he could easily make laker fans happy. I do give ball the slight edge but they're both great prospects. I think ball needs a fit more though

That would be hilarious if lonzo don't get drafted by the Lakers. This is the first time in a while I'm hyped for the draft. Curious to see who my Knicks get

I'd take Jackson over Ball in most situations EXCEPT the Lakers situation (and Philly's too).

Don't think he fits with the current makeup of the team, especially when he plays the same position as your one "untouchable" player.
I feel like Jackson and Ingram could be interchangeable on the wing.

Are Lakers fans all trying to move DLo off the ball?

That would be hilarious if lonzo don't get drafted by the Lakers. This is the first time in a while I'm hyped for the draft. Curious to see who my Knicks get
Agreed, out of the first 10 picks around 15-20 variations. Other years, we have known the top 10 essentially just not the order. 

After Fultz, its going to be mayhem!

Back
Top Bottom