The NBA Draft Thread

Not sure Hayward wants to play 3rd banana after it and Jimmy tho

He probably doesnt want to, but is gonna realize soon enough thats he's gonna have to. Clearly being #1 in utah didnt work. I think IT takes a back seat and turns into more of a spot up shooter/distributor.

Last edited:
Hold the # 2 pick hostage!!!!

how?

If they are using the pick to take Jackson, and not immediately trade it... You pick Jackson and force them to make a deal for him.

Even if you get a swap for 2 & 3 and a couple 2nd rounders out of it.

I mean that would be fine with me, but most Laker fans would freak out if Boston doesn't bite and takes and keeps Zo :lol:

If the Lakers are torn between Lonzo & Jackson (which I don't see them being as much anymore, BUT if they are).... You go Jackson, and force the Celtics to make a deal for him..

Not sure Hayward wants to play 3rd banana after it and Jimmy tho

He probably doesnt want to, but is gonna realize soon enough thats he's gonna have to. Clearly being #1 in utah didnt work. I think IT takes a back seat and turns into more of a spot up shooter/distributor.

It didn't work? They had their best season in like 10 years. And Hayward was great in the playoffs aside from the flu game.

I dont think the Celtics care who the pick is if it's being moved to Chicago. Chicago might be fine with Tatum, a filler, and a future pick.

I dont think the Celtics care who the pick is if it's being moved to Chicago. Chicago might be fine with Tatum, a filler, and a future pick.

That's assuming they are trading the picks... Ainge deserves everyones skepticism... Ainge could end up doing this just to have Jackson and not take him # 1.

Last edited:
If the Lakers are torn between Lonzo & Jackson (which I don't see them being as much anymore, BUT if they are).... You go Jackson, and force the Celtics to make a deal for him..

I don't think this would be a smart move. Take the guy you want and forget everything else. I'm sure the Celtics could easily find a deal for the #3 and then what? You're stuck with a guy you didn't really want

Once Ainge trades for Butler he should sign Blake Griffin instead of Hayward.  Starting lineup of IT, Butler, Crowder, Griffin and Horford will take out the cavs

Once Ainge trades for Butler he should sign Blake Griffin instead of Hayward.  Starting lineup of IT, Butler, Crowder, Griffin and Horford will take out the cavs
Hmmm...this does look better. But put Bradley back in there at the 2 and Jimmy at the 3. 

If Butler goes to Boston I'm guessing it's for Josh Jackson , Bradley ( or he gets shipped separately)and Crowder and maybe picks
That would leave Boston with a wing rotation of Jaylen , Butler and potentially Hayward Jaylen is gonna have to learn how to play 4

I don't think this would be a smart move. Take the guy you want and forget everything else. I'm sure the Celtics could easily find a deal for the #3 and then what? You're stuck with a guy you didn't really want

What I'm saying is if they are not totally sold on Lonzo as the pick for # 2... Then you go Jackson.

Sources: For top pick, Sixers planning to send Celtics '17 No. 3 overall pick, '18 FRP (via LA) and '19 FRP (via Kings) - w/ protections.

Watch it be like Lottery Protections basically making all of this fun and hilarious at Ainge's expense

Last edited:
Bulls should be tanking if/when Jimmy is traded. So they'll have their own top 5, possibly the #3 along with the Lakers/kings picks

Back
Top Bottom