The NBA Draft Thread

IMO

Sure his efficiency could get better and it will, (He's the #1 option on a terrible team) but Booker to me fits well within the modern NBA. He basically had 23 year old PG numbers at 20 years old.

I don't think Booker even has to be that much better to be a very good player on a very good team in the future.

Kristap though, can't be a solo 5 because he's too frail and him playing the 4 against these smaller 4's could be an issue defensively. He's a great rim protector though.

All in all, Porzingis (Who I think is a stud) will have to be way better than Devin to have more value than Devin to me because one fits better in today's NBA. I'd probably take Booker before Porzingis right now, and at the very least it's extremely close.

D. Book plays like young Bean from an offensive standpoint. Was impressed how good of a playmaker he was down the stretch as well.

Agree with Shoes. KAT the only one out of that class I'm taking over Book. Zinger is much closer to Myles Turner than he is to Book in my opinion. I really wish OKC would have traded for Devin on draft night.

Last edited:
People are overrating the **** out of Booker. He's a scorer nothing else. At best he's a 3rd option on a contender. KP at best is the 1st option, at worst a 2nd option on a contender.

How do you feel about Bradley Beal?

Not saying Booker is as good right now, but he put up the exact same numbers as Beal. CJ Mac too

They're all good players. But both Beal and CJ are 2nd options and those teams aren't going anywhere. Same with Booker. It's just not happening.

D. Book plays like young Bean from an offensive standpoint. Was impressed how good of a playmaker he was down the stretch as well.
I see very little young kobe from Booker. Kobe didn't play out of the PnR nearly as much. Didn't handle the ball nearly as much as Kobe. Completely different lowkey.

Playing like a poor-man's Kobe is actually a pretty big negative in a lot of cases.

I didn't say a poor man's though. I said a young one. At least offensively he has it all. That's not a negative.

People are overrating the **** out of Booker. He's a scorer nothing else. At best he's a 3rd option on a contender. KP at best is the 1st option, at worst a 2nd option on a contender.

Not saying Booker is as good right now, but he put up the exact same numbers as Beal. CJ Mac too

They're all good players. But both Beal and CJ are 2nd options and those teams aren't going anywhere. Same with Booker. It's just not happening.

What's wrong with being a second option on a playoff team?

22/3/3 at 20 years old, including a 70 point game. I'm not trading him for anyone. He's gonna be the same age as a few of the freshman getting drafted tonight.

He's untouchable in all negotiations.
So we're gonna gloss over Kobe playing 44 mpg at like 50% usage for an entire month preceding his body's betrayal :lol:

Kobe would still be playing right now if not for that incredibly irresponsible stretch of games.

Did LeBron not lead the league in minutes per game this year? Did he not average 41 minutes a game in the playoffs? Is he not playing into June every year? It adds up even for the genetic freaks man. It's irrefutable.

1. He led the league in mpg with just 37, which does not compare to what Kobe was doing just before he went down.

2. Bron sat several games for rest. So he didn't even come close to leading the league in total mins. Kobe was playing every single night, only sitting when he was hurt, and when he returned after injury he went back to high mins, high usage. Irresponsible.

3. If you're sweeping every round, your mpg doesn't really matter. 40 x 4

Klay is better than Beal, CJ, and Booker. Strictly because he's as good if not a better shooter and a much better defender than all of them. Imagine Klay as a #1 option? That team wouldn't win more than 30 games.

You can't even compare Klays 3 % to Bookers considering how much more of Klays are strictly spot up

Here's the thing with regards to the Porzingis / Booker thing.

Porzingis is a stud or will be a stud. If you said that, I wouldn't dispute it. However, he kind of has to be to be valuable. I think Booker will be a stud too, but he doesn't have to be to be really good in today's NBA.

I see very little young kobe from Booker. Kobe didn't play out of the PnR nearly as much. Didn't handle the ball nearly as much as Kobe. Completely different lowkey.

Well once they shut down Bledsoe they gave him that responsibility more and he proved capable. I think we'll continue to see that maturation process continue.

I didn't say a poor man's though. I said a young one. At least offensively he has it all. That's not a negative.

Nowhere near as explosive, instinctive, and aggressive getting to the rack as young Kobe was.

Young Kobe didn't have nearly the same outside game as Booker does now.

What are you settling on to make this comparison? I'm so confused.

Last edited:

Just look at it them and their teams now. They need to be 3rd options if you want real success.

Klay is better than Beal, CJ, and Booker. Strictly because he's as good if not a better shooter and a much better defender than all of them. Imagine Klay as a #1 option? That team wouldn't win more than 30 games.
Ehhhh I tend to look at this differently. Tough comparison because of roles.

Klay as a #1 option definitely isn't better than Beal, CJ, or Booker. Right now I guess you could argue that as a third option he's better than those guys as a 2nd or 1st option but if you'd put those guys in similar positions, I'd probably take Klay last out of all those 2 guards mentioned.

Nowhere near as explosive, instinctive, and aggressive getting to the rack as young Kobe was.

He scored 70.
Kobe 81
Being close to 81 = being close to Kobe

Go back and look at Kobe tape from 1999-2000 season.

I don't like Klay as a number one option. His off the dribble game is limited. He's a player who needs help creating some of his offensive opportunities. Booker has shown he doesn't have that limitation. On the defensive side Klay blows him out of the water. But Book is 20 and can get better.

Well once they shut down Bledsoe they gave him that responsibility more and he proved capable. I think we'll continue to see that maturation process continue.
Yikes I botched that. Other way around.

I meant to say that Devin plays out of PnR way more than Kobe did at this age. Plays way more with the ball. Forced to make plays way more at this age than Kobe was.

Here's the thing with regards to the Porzingis / Booker thing.

Porzingis is a stud or will be a stud. If you said that, I wouldn't dispute it. However, he kind of has to be to be valuable. I think Booker will be a stud too, but he doesn't have to be to be really good in today's NBA.

You don't think that if we remove his rim protection and defensive ability and simply have KP be a stretch 5 that he won't be valuable?

That's essentially what Lauri is going to be and there's clearly value for him, if we slot him next to a defensive big.

Just look at it them and their teams now. They need to be 3rd options if you want real success.

Agree to disagree. Success for the wizards and blazers isn't success for the warriors or Cavs. Everyone isn't a contender.

If I'm a blazers fan and my second best player is getting me 23/3/3 and we are an exciting playoff team, I'm happy.

The Wiz just had their best season in God knows how long, largely due to Beal being healthy. But that's not a successful season for you?

Back
Top Bottom