The NBA Draft Thread

Wall has never finished top 10 in the league in defensive win shares nor defensive rating (both PG and Jimmy have). Chris Paul has actually finished in the top 10 of those as well. And using steals as a measure of being a great defender. Allen Iverson would like to have a word with you.

You're clearly not comprehending. I said he gets more steals and he gets more blocks. If you can't figure out how that's a big deal when you're comparing across positions to begin with I can't help you. Also, it's funny how you went from all defense teams..to stats[emoji]129300[/emoji]. There's really not much to argue, Wall has proven to be better than both. If I score as much as you, while getting more out of my team, while also being elite defensively, and my team's effectiveness falls off a cliff without me.... I'm better than you. Not even kind of arguable. The only other person in the conversation is Greek Freak... Because he's that talented.

You're clearly not comprehending. I said he gets more steals and he gets more blocks. If you can't figure out how that's a big deal when you're comparing across positions to begin with I can't help you. Also, it's funny how you went from all defense teams..to stats[emoji]129300[/emoji]. There's really not much to argue, Wall has proven to be better than both. If I score as much as you, while getting more out of my team, while also being elite defensively, and my team's effectiveness falls off a cliff without me.... I'm better than you. Not even kind of arguable. The only other person in the conversation is Greek Freak... Because he's that talented.
The stats validate the defensive teams. Wall hasn't proven to be better than anything especially on that end of the floor. His defense definitely took a step backwards this season and the metrics back that up as well. 

Wall and Giannis are on another planet as far as overall impact on a team compared to Jimmy Butler.

H
Wall and Giannis are on another planet as far as overall impact on a team compared to Jimmy Butler.
lolwut ? Jimmy was as important Chicago as Wallsfargo is to the wizards and Giannis is to the bucks. All three are impactful players. Wall was selected number 1 overall. Jimmy was selected 30th. Wall is finally living up to his potential whereas Jimmy Butler showed specks of ability and then burst out showing that he can do this consistently while still getting better each year and being great on both sides of the Ball. Wall has great young pieces surrounding him which helps compliment his game. Jimmy Butler is on a team where there is a lack of direction and is still playing great. Put some respect on that Mans name.

Last edited:
PG and Giannis are easily better than Butler. Wall is a tossup. His defense was lackluster this past year.

Don't like the Kings trade. Just take Monk. He's the best player on the board, and worst case scenario, he's going to be a great 6th man. Fox-Monk-Buddy would be VERY entertaining. Justin Jackson is going to be an 8th man, and Harry Giles can't even run. I hope he gets back to being the talent he once was, but I'm not betting on it.

Bulls were lucky enough to have another all-nba caliber player emerge when Rose was getting injured.

They deserve to be trash.

Player A:

16.8 PPG on 12.5 FGA
45% from the field, 34% from 3
50 eFG%

Player B:

16.3 PPG on 12.3 FGA
51% from the field, 38% from 3
55 eFG%

One if Jayson Tatum, the other is Josh Jackson :nerd:

Don't like the Kings trade. Just take Monk. He's the best player on the board, and worst case scenario, he's going to be a great 6th man. Fox-Monk-Buddy would be VERY entertaining. Justin Jackson is going to be an 8th man, and Harry Giles can't even run. I hope he gets back to being the talent he once was, but I'm not betting on it.

Although I agree with you here. I am still glad it happened as Charlotte is an excellent landing spot for Monk where he can provide immediate impact as a microwave scoring 6 man.

1000% agree

Can't believe I just saw Barnes = Tatum.

Harrison wish he had game like Tatum. Tatum is a basketball player...Harrison is a robot out there.

Him going to Boston will impact that roster immediately on the offensive side were outside of Zek and sometime Avery that team struggled to get a bucket.

Last edited:
Can't believe I just saw Barnes = Tatum.

Harrison wish he had game like Tatum. Tatum is a basketball player...Harrison is a robot out there.

Him going to Boston will impact that roster immediately on the offensive side were outside of Zek and sometime Avery that team struggled to get a bucket.

Barnes had a pretty good year for a robot last year

Great in what his 4 or 5 year?

Like I said nothing about them are alike. HB is a 3 dribble into a move player. Workout drills.

Tatum plays basketball meaning he can counter into numberous moves if needed and a lot more tricks in his bag.

Only thing HB is prolly more advanced in right now on the offensive end is a more consistent jumpshot...

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes did have a pretty good season this past year. I'd be pretty shocked if Tatum can't put up 19 and 5 by the time he's 24-25 years old though. His footwork is incredibly advanced for his age. Seems to have a bunch of tricks. Still a bit skeptical as to what kind of defender and distributor he can be...

I imagine Boston playing a lot of small ball with him and jaylen at the forward position. I'm pretty sure that's the vision Danny had when he drafted him. So Tatum getting a rebound and pushing it to find the open man will be easy for him. He's gonna have to get stronger and of course defense will get better with playing time. They should be fun to watch next year. Kid went to a good situation to become a very good NBA player.

I imagine Boston playing a lot of small ball with him and jaylen at the forward position. I'm pretty sure that's the vision Danny had when he drafted him. So Tatum getting a rebound and pushing it to find the open man will be easy for him. He's gonna have to get stronger and of course defense will get better with playing time. They should be fun to watch next year. Kid went to a good situation to become a very good NBA player.
Ainge definitely wants as many 6'8" dudes in the 2-4 spots as he can get. Wouldn't be shocked if we saw a 4 wings + Horford lineup at times.

Ainge definitely wants as many 6'8" dudes in the 2-4 spots as he can get. Wouldn't be shocked if we saw a 4 wings + Horford lineup at times.

Bro you keep preaching this but what is the precedent for this? What team has had success running 3-4 small forwards at once?

Back
Top Bottom