The NBA Draft Thread

You guys can't be this dense.

The reason why those lineups work is because both teams have a freak of nature on their team in KD and Lebron. On top of that The warriors have one of the best defenders in the league in draymond. The Celtics have no one like that. Good luck trying to trot out Crowder, brown, whatever sf you draft next year, Tatum, and horford vs that lineup.
You tripping. for a small amount of time in a game the Celtics can get away with Zek, avery, brown, Tatum and Al on the court at the same time.

Right. Gsw is an outlier. But go ahead and try to beat them at their own game with lesser players
So what exactly should every team in the league be doing?
Not creating lesser versions of the Warriors :lol:

During the Lakers 3 peat, Sacramento was only the team who really had them on their back and they weren't built anything like the Lakers.

You can count Portland too but Kobe wasn't really Kobe yet.

San Antonio knocked them off and they also didn't copy LA, though to a much lesser extent than Sacramento. Same for Detroit the year after.

Dallas & San Antonio didn't try to copy the Heatles either.

Reasin being is that you can't copy Shaq, Kobe, Bron & Wade :lol: you gotta build your team differently

Right. Gsw is an outlier. But go ahead and try to beat them at their own game with lesser players
Everybody gonna have to switch it up...another example are the hornets. MKG is gonna have to take Marvin spot at the 4 full time for them to complete be successful I think.

I mean, if there was an abundance of Anthony Davis-esque players in the league, I'd be all for going that route. There obviously isn't though, so you take what you can get. I'd rather have another skilled wing out there than a big guy that rebounds and does nothing else...

Last edited:
So what exactly should every team in the league be doing?
Not creating lesser versions of the Warriors :lol:

During the Lakers 3 peat, Sacramento was only the team who really had them on their back and they weren't built anything like the Lakers.

You can count Portland too but Kobe wasn't really Kobe yet.

San Antonio knocked them off and they also didn't copy LA, though to a much lesser extent than Sacramento. Same for Detroit the year after.

Dallas & San Antonio didn't try to copy the Heatles either.

Reasin being is that you can't copy Shaq, Kobe, Bron & Wade :lol: you gotta build your team differently
I can't remember but who was the 4 for that Spurs team that smack the heat?

Boris?

If so technically they did adjust...

Last edited:
So are y'all in here fighting the theory that the NBA game has changed to a "more spaced and more playermakers on the floor the better" style?

Last edited:
Why do y'all keep saying crowder...like isiah and Avery not on the roster.

Because the subject is about trotting out a lineup of small forwards

So are y'all in here fighting the theory that the NBA game has changed to a "more spaced and more playermakers on the floor the better" style?

Which one of brown/crowder/Tatum is a floor spacer/playmaker?

I think teams like Minnesota and Milwaukee, if they can get older, more seasoned and add some shooting can be the anti GS team. They wouldn't be able to shoot with GS but they should be able to defend GS on the perimeter and bother them with size

They are both just raw and young and missing some pieces but the blueprint is potentially there

Minnesota just added Jimmy so that should help a bit, but they still missing a few pieces. And Giannis on Milwaukee is only going to get better, but that team needs some more shooting

In short:I think the key is to be long in positions 1-5 which both teams can do. If you can't match gs shooting then you got to be long and versatile

Last edited:

Why do y'all keep saying crowder...like isiah and Avery not on the roster.
Because the subject is about trotting out a lineup of small forwards

Which one of brown/crowder/Tatum is a floor spacer/playmaker?
bruh i brought up the topic...lol

and why the hell would Stevens run Brown/Crowder/Tatum out there at the sametime...makes no sense. 

the line that makes sense is IT, Avery, Brown, Tatum and AL

4/5 of those players are playmakers. 

I think teams like Minnesota and Milwaukee, if they can get older, more seasoned and add some shooting can be the anti GS team. They wouldn't be able to shoot with GS but they should be able to defend GS on the perimeter and bother them with size

They are both just raw and young and missing some pieces but the blueprint is potentially there

Minnesota just added Jimmy so that should help a bit, but they still missing a few pieces. And Giannis on Milwaukee is only going to get better, but that team needs some more shooting

In short:I think the key is to be long in positions 1-5 which both teams can do. If you can't match gs shooting then you got to be long and versatile
Well said, the key is to peak at the right time. Which both of these teams, along with a few others have the potential to do.

MN and Milwaukee are two teams that are getting better in a league filled with teams that are regressing. They both have a generational talent on their team, and young pieces surrounding them with good front offices, and decent coaching. 

Word. To add more onto what I'm saying...what's happening is that the NBA are forced to put out undersized lineups to guard GS. But if a team figures out a lineup that can keep their size and defend GS, that would make things very hard for GS.

Okc before KD defected to GS and dealt away Ibaka had the closest to that blueprint.

Last edited:
If Milwaukee can find some shooting, they are going to be very dangerous because of the length and playmaking that they have. The 5 guys that got the most minutes for them are all 6'5" and taller, and that's not even including Thon.

Cant wait for the next dominant big man to come into the NBA forcing this small ball crap to go away. If only Embiid can play 40 min a game :smh:

Last edited:
Spoke to my buddy who played against almost all of the top pics he said Josh Jackson was the hardest cover cause dude talks so much trash like bruh doesn't stop talking [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Warriors have had a devil of a time beating the bucks and twolves because of their athleticism the past couple of years. It's not a new concept, but if you space the floor, set back screens, and run the give and go you'll be very effective against the Warriors. He'll, you'll be effective against every team. The shooting is a plus for them, but the Warriors ALWAYS run these types of plays. It's not very often they just go out there and play ISO ball.

Cant wait for the next dominant big man to come into the NBA forcing this small ball crap to go away. If only Embiid can play 40 min a game :smh:
I mean, if Boogie could just keep his emotions in check...

Spoke to my buddy who played against almost all of the top pics he said Josh Jackson was the hardest cover cause dude talks so much trash like bruh doesn't stop talking [emoji]128514[/emoji]
Like a 6'8" Gary Payton :lol:

What are the odds that the Bucks land Lowry? Are there any talks for this? I'd think he would fit great in there.

As in Raptors PG Lowry? I didn't even realize he was a free agent. Lol

If he goes there that helps a lot.

Giannis is an able playmaker but I don't think he should be a full time playmaker. He needs someone to help him out.

But Bucks still need shooters on the wings.

Last edited:
Obviously the chances of anyone beating this Warriors team are slim to none, but teams that have the ability to shoot 3s and make plays off the dribble on offense while being able to switch seemlessly on defense are going to give any team trouble.

Last edited:

Ainge definitely wants as many 6'8" dudes in the 2-4 spots as he can get. Wouldn't be shocked if we saw a 4 wings + Horford lineup at times.
Bro you keep preaching this but what is the precedent for this? What team has had success running 3-4 small forwards at once?
You didn't watch the Showtime Lakers on that killer fast break? They were THE precedent.

Magic 6'9" leading the break, but could play 1-5 at any given moment

Worthy 6'9" SF (wing player) 

Coop 6'7" SG (wing player)

Jamal Wilkes 6'9" or A.C. Green 6'9" (PF's running the lanes)

Kareem, who was an extremely agile 7'2" center running the break

This is essentially the Lakers running 4 forwards (6'7" and taller) and a center.

Warrior simply trying to emulate what was already done more than 30 years ago. Why do you think Jerry West did what he did with GSW?

Back
Top Bottom