The NBA Draft Thread

Read an article on The Ringer and it got me wondering if the Bulls would be silly enough to trade Denzel for Jah.

Would be perfect for the Sixers, he provides more elite shooting and a secondary ballhandler without a drop off in passing ability.

I don't understand how that would be silly for the Bulls? They are clearly getting the better player in that trade and it's not even close.

Wrong thread

Edit: Maybe it wasn't. Summer league talk in here? I'm lost? :lol:

Whatever...Nice play Tyus.

Last edited:
A good trade for okafor would be Norman Powell he'd bring defense and three point shooting

As in a straight up trade of Jahlil Okafor for Norman Powell.....?

I do really like Powell and I'd welcome him on our team but there would definitely have to be a few other pieces involved. The Bulls would be a good trade partner with something like Valentine, McDermott and next year's 1st for Okafor. Or they could do something for Noel...would be a good look with that lineup....Rondo-Wade-Butler-Mirotic-Noel.

Last edited:
Are we talking about Denzel Valentine..I know you hate Oakafor but Denzel Valentine is no way near the player Oak is even with his defense deficiencies and under no circumstances would I trade Oakafor for him.

:lol:

No way in hell will Okafor be better than Denzel. Denzel is an elite shooter and passer who can play PG at 6'5 with a 6'10 wingspan, name me how many guys like that there are in the league right now?

Okafor is an offensive 5 who's been one of the worst defenders in history so far. He's only a rookie so there is hope that he will improve but he doesn't have the defensive IQ, quickness or even the effort level to be anything other than maybe a small - on defense.

His future is Brook Lopez/Al Jefferson, he doesn't project to ever be serviceable on defense in a league where rim protection is paramount.

There is a reason Philly was over 5 points better with Noel on the floor instead of Okafor, he handcuffs the offense because he scores in a way that doesn't promote any fluid ball movement.

A do it all perimeter player who can be a primary ball handler > a post dominant center who can't protect the rim.

You're trippin.

awwsome awwsome is ridiculously low on Jahlil.

Calling a rookie "the worst defender of all time" :lol:

:lol:

Listen man, I like Jahlil since Whitney, I also love that he knocked out dude that was heckling him in Boston.

I just know that he's not a franchise player in this league and doesn't have the upside to be.

Was Al Jeff ever considered a franchise player?

Brook Lopez and Al Jefferson were nowhere near as good as Okafor coming into the league. Duke was pretty damn good with Okafor on the floor when they were winning the National Championship the season before. I'm pretty sure Okafor would be a lot more effective on both ends of the floor if he was playing with Bayless-Henderson(maybe Avery Bradley)-Saric-Simmons or Rondo-Wade-Butler-Mirotic than he was with Canaan-Stauskas-Covington-Hollis Thompson...

Last edited:
Brook Lopez and Al Jefferson were nowhere near as good as Okafor coming into the league. Duke was pretty damn good with Okafor on the floor when they were winning the National Championship the season before. I'm pretty sure Okafor would be a lot more effective on both ends of the floor if he was playing with Bayless-Henderson-Saric-Simmons or Rondo-Wade-Butler-Mirotic than he was with Canaan-Stauskas-Covington-Hollis Thompson...

Al Jeff came out of HS, compare their 1st year #'s per 36 mins.

Same with Brook.

He wasn't better than either of them, just had more usage.

Y'all should be happy if he is Brook or Al.

I'm on record for this so y'all can look back in the archives in 3 years.

Last edited:
I'm not the biggest Okafor fan, but Valentine?

But yeah, a Jefferson/Lopez career is a very good career all things considered.

Yea he def OD wth the Valentine luv :lol: ...If oak came out this year or any year really no GM passing him up for Denzel

In this thread Valentie, who just got drafted not even a month ago AND Norman Powell better than oakafor :lol: :smh:

Jamal Murray got a lot of feel out of the pick and roll.

He has vision too just needs to use it, instead of jacking every open look. :lol:

Y'all will see, I don't know if y'all are even into predictive models but if you are than you would understand.

I trust the #'s more than y'all. :lol:

Yea he def OD wth the Valentine luv :lol: ...If oak came out this year or any year really no GM passing him up for Denzel

Y'all act like a lot of these GM's are even that savy or know where the game is going.

You saw some of the contracts given out and look at some of the roster construction in the league, give me a break b.

Last edited:
In this thread Valentie, who just got drafted not even a month ago AND Norman Powell better than oakafor :lol: :smh:

Yes, they will both be more valuable to their teams over their careers sans injury compared to Okafor unless he takes some massive leap on defense which won't happen.

Back
Top Bottom