The NBA Draft Thread

Honestly, whomever has the biggest usage rate will won ROY regardless of who's better.

I did not look at the stats, but that just seems to be the common trend.

looking back, the kings might be the winners of the draft

Drafting Giles is a high risk high reward situation that I think was worth taking considering all the youth they have.

They also have close to 50 mil in cap space I believe. They are in a very good situation.

Vlad for MVP

Monk may have been a better pick at 10..... But trading back allowed them to take Justin Jackson who is NBA ready, doesn't have a high ceiling, but he'll slot right in to a decent role. And like said above, allowed them to take a chance on Giles who 8-9 months ago going into the season was a Top 5 pick.. Then injury and disappointing season kind of tanked his stock.

Also Monk while he'll be a solid scorer, wouldn't be the best fit with Hield. Would be too small at the 2/3 & defense would be an issue

I think the Kings did really well for themselves

Last edited:
They were saying on espn before the draft that they believe it will go to 2 years now
sick.gif
Nah, it'll go back to HS to NBA before they add another year. There's no chance the NBAPA lets it get to 2.

I use to be against the mandatory 'one year out of high school' rule but now that my team has been in the lottery the past few years I wish they made kids stay in college longer.  This way you get more game film on these kids and see how they mature physically/mentally.  This would make the draft decision be easier and players would be more ready to contribute from day one.  

Now you are basically drafting a guy who you think might be good in 3 years.  Its frustrating.

Wondering if the number of "busts" have increased since the rule change.  That would be interesting to look at.

Last edited:
^ the idea of forcing kids to go make administrators, universities, and media companies millions, while they get none of it and risk their livelihood because of injury is sickening to me. There should be no minimum age. If nba franchises aren't sure about a prospect, and think he needs time to develop, then don't draft him.

I use to be against the mandatory 'one year out of high school' rule but now that my team has been in the lottery the past few years I wish they made kids stay in college longer.  This way you get more game film on these kids and see how they mature physically/mentally.  This would make the draft decision be easier and players would be more ready to contribute from day one.  

Now you are basically drafting a guy who you think might be good in 3 years.  Its frustrating.

Wondering if the number of "busts" have increased since the rule change.  That would be interesting to look at.
The number of "Busts" have remained the same give or take.

This has been said ad nauseam on NT but i'll say it again: College basketball does not prep you for the pros so the game film you're watching while not worthless, is like a grain of salt. To me, the draft is a crapshoot and figuring out who's going to be a bust or not has way more to do with contextual stuff with the player once they hit the league, not so much what they do in college.

The bigger picture here is that the average NBA career is 5 years. So on average, you have 5 years to make an insane amount of money. Making these kids go to college, and not paying them is taking a year away from that 5 year earning potential and that matters, a lot.

Ivan Rabb stayed an extra year because he wasn't "ready" and it cost him millions.

Truth be told, he didn't improve either.

Honestly man, I don't see anybody messing with the Warriors for awhile, barring injurys. They reloaded through the draft very swiftly

Back
Top Bottom