The NBA Draft Thread

DDC1k-GU0AAk6o1.jpg

yr ago 

Boston, Cleveland, Washington, Toronto and Milaukee are safe bets barring any changes in Toronto's lineup.

That leaves three spots for the playoff race. Indian, Atlanta and Chicago have heavily regressed. Looking at the lineups as they are today, i'd say it will be a five team battle between Atlanta, Charlotte, Philly, Miami and Detroit.

Fox and Swanigan are solid but I wouldn't have drafted Giles in the 1st Rd and especially not over OG or even Semi. But what do I know... My team drafted Adebayo with a lotto pick...
Sac got jackson and giles and mason right?

Feel like Giles and Jackson realistically are role players.. if they stayed at 10 could have landed Collins monk or kennard. I realize they have buddy but still, I don't feel like they came up really
They have needed a SF for years, so grabbing a 3 & D SF was more important to them than those guys you mentioned that they could have had at 10.  And then they used the essentially free pick at #20 to take a gamble on a guy like Giles who could have been a top pick if it weren't for the injuries. Im not against it.  I do like taking best player available but i understand why they did it and it could work out well if Giles pans out.

What are your top 3 picks for ROTY?

Mine are-

1. De'Aaron Fox
2. Lonzo Ball
3. Dennis Smith
Without knowing what the Kings final roster will look like and knowing that Dave Joerger doesn't like to play rookies, i wouldn't say Fox 

In regards to Ivan Rabb losing out on money and stock because he stayed extra. That's exactly the point, he got exposed in college rather than fleecing a team of their lottery pick. I'm for protecting my NBA team. It doesn't affect me if players lose money from staying in college but if my team is in the lottery from tanking and takes a guy that would have been exposed in college I'd be pissed

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom