the New Mustang vs the new M3

I give ford their props because they def stepped their game up...BUT, lets not forget that the current m3 is almost 4 years ago.

the 2012 m3 is gonna crap all over the 2011 stang

bet on that..

Originally Posted by LetItShine24

^thats the old gt500. the 2011 got 540hp, still cheaper than the m3, with over 130 more horses. These cats talking about status. aint no one care. seriously, you act like you can pull way more dimes with a m3. if you aint pulling females and you need a car to help you, you aint got no game son. btw

CA>NY. late

edit:finns-alot of people break necks looking at stangs, not ordinary ones, but if you mod it, throw some rims, exhaust, people gnna be looking.
I agree that it's ridiculous to buy cars to pull women. Low self-esteem ftl. But what about those who want a refined, luxury sports coupe? It's about preference, which ninjahood is too immature to understand. I mean, when your kitchen pantry of a bedroom is filled with shoe boxes, I guess maturity is not expected.

I might see a Cobra or GT500 and take a look, but those are less common. I see more Camaro SS that intrigue me.

Fully loaded GT500 Convertible 2011- 55000
Fully loaded BMW M3 2011- 67000

Meh. Gas mileage anyone??
2011 Mustangs are confirmed to get 31mpg(highway). Can't find anything on 2011 M3's but 2010 M3s go for 20mpg(highway). Your move BMW, your move.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I thought the stang was fully loaded for 30k? so it's really only a 12k difference? hmm...

you're confusing da mustang GT which is 30k LESS and performs identically to da M3

VS da GT500 which SMACKS da M3 and is worth 12k less...

I stand corrected

Like i said before, these cars shouldn't be compared. There are PLENTY of cars that perform better than more expensive cars. Numbers do not define every car.

If you think they do, you know NOTHING about cars.

Why cop a lp460 when you can get a zr1?
Why get a porsche caymen when u can get a evo or 370z?

Get my drift?

Originally Posted by theword

Fully loaded GT500 Convertible 2011- 55000
Fully loaded BMW M3 2011- 67000

Meh. Gas mileage anyone??
2011 Mustangs are confirmed to get 31mpg(highway). Can't find anything on 2011 M3's but 2010 M3s go for 20mpg(highway). Your move BMW, your move.
The GT500 gets 31mpg? Or a GT?

I stand corrected

Like i said before, these cars shouldn't be compared. There are PLENTY of cars that perform better than more expensive cars. Numbers do not define every car.

Get my drift?

clarkson from top gear has REGULARLY recommended da ZR1 over its pricier euro super car competition and he know more bout cars then

anyone in here..so that argument doesn't hold as much weight as you think it does...and god knows that dude holds ZERO punches with

american cars.

Motortrend or topgear needs to do a head 2 head comparison of the 2

I'm pretty sure a m3 would smack it around on a track.

http://green.autoblog.com...y-first-ever-for-300-hp/
2011 Ford Mustang V6 gets 31 mpg highway, first ever for 300+hp

by Sam Abuelsamid (RSS feed) on Mar 4th 2010 at 11:55AM

2011 Ford Mustang V6 - Click above for high res image gallery

After years of complaints about the ancient old 4.0-liter V6 engine in the base Mustang, Ford has finally replaced it for 2011 and it will be paying dividends at the pump for owners. The EPA has finished certification of the fuel efficiency for the new 3.7-liter Mustang and it is both the most economical Mustang ever and the first car with over 300 horsepower to top 30 miles per gallon. When paired up with a six-speed automatic transmission, the 3.7-liter Mustang is rated at 19 mpg around town and 31 mpg on the open road. Models with the new six-speed manual transmission retain the 19 mpg city rating but drop slightly to an even 30 mpg on the highway. Those numbers top the 18/29 mpg of the V6-powered 2010 Chevrolet Camaro.

The new engine, along with careful calibration of the new transmission, was the most important part of the mileage equation. However, replacing hydraulic power steering with electric power assist and numerous small aerodynamic tweaks helped, too. 2011 Mustangs are available for order now and deliveries will start in the next few weeks. We're told that this is just the beginning of the improvements in the 2011 Ford lineup.

[Source: Ford]

PRESS RELEASE

NEW MUSTANG V-6 WITH 305 HP CERTIFIED AT 31 MPG HIGHWAY; MAKES HISTORY AS FIRST CAR WITH 300+ HP AND 30+ MPG

The New 2011 Ford Mustang V-6
Click here to download related images.

* New 2011 Ford Mustang V-6 final fuel economy certified by EPA this week at 31 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city
* On sale this spring, Mustang with new 3.7-liter V-6 achieves 305 hp with available six-speed automatic transmission; first car ever to achieve 300-plus horsepower and 30-plus mpg
* New Mustang already has more than 11,000 orders, half for the new V-6

DEARBORN, Mich., March 4, 2010 – The 2011 Ford Mustang today breaks new ground, cracking the record books as not only the most fuel-efficient Mustang ever, but also the first production car in history to produce more than 300 horsepower and more than 30 mpg highway.

The Mustang's official EPA ratings – completed this week – certify that models equipped with the 305-hp 3.7-liter V-6 and available six-speed automatic transmission achieve 31 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city. The standard six-speed manual transmission is rated at 30 mpg on the highway and 19 mpg in the city.

"The Mustang engineering team aimed high and, through hard work, achieved fuel economy numbers that elevate Mustang into a class by itself," said Derrick Kuzak, Ford group vice president, Global Product Development.

"At no other time in Mustang's history – for that matter, in automotive history – have we been able to talk about 305 horsepower and 31 miles per gallon. The Mustang truly is a no-compromises sports car," said Kuzak.

Mustang is powered by a lightweight, all-aluminum 3.7-liter dual-overhead-cam (DOHC) V-6 engine that uses advanced engineering to deliver its combination of power and economy. Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) adjusts the valvetrain in microseconds depending on driver inputs, further contributing to the engine's overall efficiency.

The fact that Mustang achieves its top fuel economy rating with the convenience of an automatic transmission also marks a shift in conventional wisdom. Ford engineered a modern six-speed automatic transmission with carefully calibrated gear ratios and shift programs to maximize economy, while still delivering high-horsepower driving fun.

"Advanced powertrains like our Ti-VCT V-6 and six-speed automatic really speak to the future of Mustang," says Barb Samardzich, Ford vice president of Global Powertrain Engineering. "We've proven that, using technology, Ford can deliver both power and fuel economy."

In addition to engine improvements, upgrades to Mustang's body, powertrain and chassis design contribute to the higher fuel economy numbers for 2011. Examples include:

* New Electric Power Assist Steering (EPAS) system eliminates the drag of an engine-operated hydraulic power steering pump
* Six-speed manual and automatic transmissions allow lower cruising revs without sacrificing off-the-line performance
* Aerodynamic changes include improvements like a new front fascia, tire spats on the rear wheels, modified underbody shields, a taller air dam and an added rear decklid seal

The new 2011 Mustang already has more than 11,000 orders. Half of all the nationwide orders are for the car's fuel-efficient 3.7-liter V-6 engine. The 2011 Mustangs are also being equipped with record levels of technology, giving customers the option of choosing navigation, high-intensity discharge (HID) headlamps and rearview cameras.

The new 2011 Mustang goes on sale this spring and will be built at the AutoAlliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich.

I stand corrected

Get my drift?

If ive been living under a rock for all these years, and if your talking about a lamborghini, when did they produce a lp460?

edmunds review.

and at that point da M3 is short 200+ horses/ 200+ lbs of torque....

Where'd all this GT500 talk come from?
laugh.gif

I stand corrected

Get my drift?

If ive been living under a rock for all these years, and if your talking about a lamborghini, when did they produce a lp460?
Typo
happy.gif

lp640*

Originally Posted by ninjahood

edmunds review.

and at that point da M3 is short 200+ horses/ 200+ lbs of torque....

I was talking about the GT

btw, m3 has a faster 0 to 60 than the gt500

GT500 i think is worse than the GT. I'd rather have a GT over a GT500. Gt500 has more power but it's heavier.

There shouldn't even be an argument in the first place lol. These cars shouldn't have even be compared in the first place. The M3 will always win no matter what. No matter what.

There shouldn't even be an argument in the first place lol. These cars shouldn't have even be compared in the first place. The M3 will always win no matter what. No matter what.

Exactly.

laugh.gif
@a mustang breaking necks.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Exactly.

laugh.gif
Ignorance at its best

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Exactly.

laugh.gif
Ignorance at its best
This. People think M3s break necks? with that euro trash exhaust

Originally Posted by jrdnsrnss

Exactly.

laugh.gif
Ignorance at its best
This. People think M3s break necks? with that euro trash exhaust
BMW's dont impress anyone but the fools on here who love them. They are a poor mans audi/mercedez.

Back
Top Bottom