the New Mustang vs the new M3

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by Baltimore

I find it ironic that on a message board where a lot of y'all buy overpriced and expensive Jordan's and Nike's you all are trying to argue that the Mustang is just better because they have the same performance and it costs less.

Meanwhile you all are dropping 200+ on pairs of shoes that don't perform that much better than some 40$ ones from payless.

Everything isn't that black and white. It's not all about money. A BMW is more prestigious than a Ford plain and simple and it has nothing to do with performance or luxury. It's the name....

Question....if they were the same price and had the exact same performance......which one would 99% of you chose? The M3 easily. And why???? Because it's a BMW M3 that's way.

M3 > Mustang GT. I'm willing to bet most of you can't even afford the GT much less the M3. And someone who could afford an M3 wouldn't choose the GT instead just because it's a better value. It's a freaking M3. Which a lot of people consider one of the best all-around cars in the world for its price.

Since we are talking stupid what if the mustang could fly and ahd a jet engine in it?

Talking stupid? How?

For someone who money is no object to which car do you think they'd choose? Answer me that.
Bringing up the old what if the M3 was 30K less. C'mon lets talk real not what ifs.

If money was no object they wouldnt buy either and would get a Mercedes, Aston Martin, ect.
It's not a what if....you're avoiding the question. Take some random Billionaire who can have the choice of the GT or the M3 and they perform the same....which is he gonna pick? The M3. Don't play dumb and try to change the subject now. We're talking about these specific two cars.

The fact that it's a BMW M3 makes it more desirable than the GT even at 30k more. End of story.
A random billionaire would take a Veyron, SLR Mclaren, 911 Turbo, ect.

50% of ppl will take the mustang and 50% will take the M3. Its all about personal preference. Not everyone is gonna like what you do, i do, he does, she does. Everyone is always gonna have a different opinion.

Caine's Mustang > All

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I find it ironic that on a message board where a lot of y'all buy overpriced and expensive Jordan's and Nike's you all are trying to argue that the Mustang is just better because they have the same performance and it costs less.

Meanwhile you all are dropping 200+ on pairs of shoes that don't perform that much better than some 40$ ones from payless.

Everything isn't that black and white. It's not all about money. A BMW is more prestigious than a Ford plain and simple and it has nothing to do with performance or luxury. It's the name....

Question....if they were the same price and had the exact same performance......which one would 99% of you chose? The M3 easily. And why???? Because it's a BMW M3 that's way.

M3 > Mustang GT. I'm willing to bet most of you can't even afford the GT much less the M3. And someone who could afford an M3 wouldn't choose the GT instead just because it's a better value. It's a freaking M3. Which a lot of people consider one of the best all-around cars in the world for its price.

Since we are talking stupid what if the mustang could fly and ahd a jet engine in it?

Talking stupid? How?

For someone who money is no object to which car do you think they'd choose? Answer me that.
Bringing up the old what if the M3 was 30K less. C'mon lets talk real not what ifs.

If money was no object they wouldnt buy either and would get a Mercedes, Aston Martin, ect.
It's not a what if....you're avoiding the question. Take some random Billionaire who can have the choice of the GT or the M3 and they perform the same....which is he gonna pick? The M3. Don't play dumb and try to change the subject now. We're talking about these specific two cars.

The fact that it's a BMW M3 makes it more desirable than the GT even at 30k more. End of story.
Your whole logic of its more expensive so its more desirable is completely flawed. They are completely different cars, just cause its more expensive doesn't mean its more desirable. You act like a billionaire is going for the BMW to get a better resale value when ol boy is ready to throw it up on craigslist when he wants something new. If dude wanted a 400+ horsepower torque rich motor then he'll go for the Mustang, if he wants a BMW for its interior he'll go for that, simple as that.

If I had money, M3 easily.

If I didn't have money, Mustang easily.. and the extra 30K would go to suiting that thing up.

Originally Posted by Nktran001

If I had money, M3 easily.

If I didn't have money, Mustang easily.. and the extra 30K would go to suiting that thing up.
Yeah with 30K extra you can make engine mods, GET A CUSTOM INTERIOR THAT #!+%# ON THE M3's, rims, and whatever else and still have cash to spend.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

M3 are like Civics out here in LA, they are everywhere. NY takes another L.
NY takes an L because in LA it's more common for you to see other people driving a car you can't afford?  
tired.gif

Oh hi thar.

P-51-Mustang-1.jpg

Granted there's no jet engine
tongue.gif

This thread is full of some of the dumbest statements made by NTers in recent history.

^ People get so emotional in these kind of threads that they just start saying anything to support their view
laugh.gif

paying extra for brand name.

the logical thing to do, if you are a regular person, is find the best value.

I don't understand the point of this argument. At the end of the day, the M3 is more exclusive than the Mustang. If it were the same price as the Mustang, it wouldn't be as exclusive, and people wouldn't care as much. As it stands, BMW is viewed as more prestigious as Ford. Plain and simple.

That doesn't mean the M3 is better than the Mustang, in terms of raw numbers, the Mustang has more bang for the buck. That's all it is. Bang for the buck.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

I wonder what y'all ford fans are gonna say when that twin turbo inline 6 drops
last time i checked thats called downsizing
laugh.gif
I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose. Just because a vehicle has a lower displacement engine doesn't mean it will perform worse than the higher displacement motor it is replacing. For example, the Mustang: 2005 - 2010 Mustang V6 is a 4.0L that produces 210hp whereas the new 2011 V6 is a 3.7L  that produces 305hp.

And yeah you're right, it would be downsizing the size of the engine and probably the weight of the car too but it would increase efficiency and it will most likely be more powerful.

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Reliability >_

Have you ever owned a BMW?  There's a reason why everybody sells before 5 years are up...
If you don't mind me asking, how many BMW's have u owned? We currently have 5 at our house 3 of which are older than 5 years. I'm just asking because in all honesty you're just talking out of ur a**.  

This is the reason why we can't have any mature car discussion on NT, too many people act like they know what they're talking about, when they probably haven't even been inside any of these cars, let alone drive one.

Originally Posted by treewing

laugh.gif
I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose. Just because a vehicle has a lower displacement engine doesn't mean it will perform worse than the higher displacement motor it is replacing. For example, the Mustang: 2005 - 2010 Mustang V6 is a 4.0L that produces 210hp whereas the new 2011 V6 is a 3.7L  that produces 305hp.

And yeah you're right, it would be downsizing the size of the engine and probably the weight of the car too but it would increase efficiency and it will most likely be more powerful.
naw

Da bigger da engine, da faster da car
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

naw

laugh.gif
"E-Beef...lulz"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

naw

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
 dude has the thought-process of a 12old.. "nah man da v4s are whack 
grin.gif
 oh & by da way.. sidekickz for life 
pimp.gif
"

Back
Top Bottom