The New New York Rap Thread

https://www.sohh.com/update-dave-east-sold-way-more-than-3k-survival-copies-in-first-week-sales/

Dave East Pic
As seen on SOHH.com - follow @sohh @sohhdotcom
UPDATE: DAVE EAST SOLD WAY MORE THAN 3K SURVIVAL COPIES IN FIRST-WEEK SALES
Biz JonesNovember 18, 2019 11:31 am
NEWSNEWS FLASH

New York rapper Dave East knows women lie, men lie and numbers don’t. New reports claim the hip-hop artist’s newly released Survival album debuted on the Billboard 200 with over 20,000 sold copies.

According to reports, East’s studio effort debuted just outside of the Top 10.

Low key Griselda is lucky that they're not from the actual city, or i feel a lot more hate would be coming their way :lol: . dudes were damn near foaming at the mouth to confirm east sold 3K just to prove how "nobody listens to this". this city really a bunch of crabs man

**** was funny to me in the first place because East don't even give ****** a reason to hate him, son pretty much stay to himself, sticks to his sound & gets love from damn near every rapper in the city from old to new.

Low key Griselda is lucky that they're not from the actual city, or i feel a lot more hate would be coming their way :lol: . dudes were damn near foaming at the mouth to confirm east sold 3K just to prove how "nobody listens to this". this city really a bunch of crabs man

**** was funny to me in the first place because East don't even give *****s a reason to hate him, son pretty much stay to himself, sticks to his sound & gets love from damn near every rapper in the city from old to new.
You forgot when he said Old Town Road was garbage

I agree completely, but many others didn't apparently

Yea but honestly the only people who that comment affected were people who were NEVER gonna listen to a Dave East project anyway :lol: .

Most of the criticisms i've seen about him seem to be about everything but the music... dudes will be like yea he could rap, but blah blah blah.

Not to mention an uncomfortable amount of men constantly bringing up his looks/how females feel about him when critiquing his career :lol:

either way this ain't specific to East at all, but fans these days will really push they're version of success on to an artist. Nothing east has dropped made me feel as if he was trying to be this A-1 top tier superstar. Obviously he would take it if the opportunity presented, but his trajectory has never been on that of a Superstar nor has his content.

In terms of guys who really focus on lyrics, unless your an other wordly songmaker as well (Kendrick, cole to a lesser extent) that simply isn't gonna happen.

It was hilarious seeing some completely unsourced person report Dave East’s numbers like that

Back
Top Bottom