The Ninjahood Thread [Formerly the White Fragility Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
there's plenty of articles indicating you're well better off in a 2 parent household as a means to escape poverty..thats a statistical fact.
absolutely, and the person with $3 in their pocket is better off than the person with $1. But both of them are screwed if it costs $5 to eat.
Poverty rates are higher among single parent homes regardless of race.
View media item 2134126

but to imply that the shortage of stable mothers or fathers is the cause of poverty in majority minority areas as opposed to being a side effect of it? without even looking i can be pretty certain research favors the ladder position more than the former.

edit: also
[QUOTE url="[URL]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2831375/[/URL]"]

One big problem with this claim is that family composition in the US is not that much different from family compositions in the famed low-poverty social democracies of Northern Europe, but they don't have anywhere near the rates of child poverty we have.

image%20%289%29.png

A number of studies have tested this family composition theory using cross-country income data and found, again and again, that family composition differences account for very little of the child poverty differences between the US and other countries.

Testing this hypothesis turns out to be really simple. The first thing you do is create a number of family categories. In a 2008 study of this sort, the family categories were: 1) married couple, 2) cohabitating couple, 3) single dad, 4) single mom, and 5) single mom with other adults in the household. The second thing you do is figure out what percentage of all the children live in each kind of family arrangement. The third thing you do is figure out the child poverty rate for each of the family categories (with poverty defined here as families with less than 50 percent of the median income). By multiplying the percentage of children living in each family category by each categories' child poverty rate (and then summing the results), you get the overall child poverty rate.

From there, it is simple enough to just hold the child poverty rates for each family category constant and alter the distribution of children across family types. The following graph is what you get when you use this method to simulate what the US childhood poverty rate would be if children were distributed across the five family categories in exactly the same proportion as children in Finland, Norway, and Sweden are (these being the three countries with the lowest childhood poverty rates):

image%20%282%29.png

Holding all else equal, if the family composition of the US matched the family composition of Finland, the child poverty rate in the US would fall from 22 percent to 21.6 percent. If the US had Norway's family composition, the US child poverty rate would increase from 22 percent to 22.9 percent. For Sweden's family composition, it'd increase all the way up to 25 percent. If anything, the family composition of the US is keeping child poverty down somewhat relative to these countries.
http://www.demos.org/blog/4/14/14/single-mother-child-poverty-myth
[/quote]

so u take every advantage u can muster.

why not advocate for more 2 parent households and school choice?

You're paying below market value for an apartment in New York City because of rent control laws.

It may not be DOSS or Food Stamps but it's in the same vein.

wrong. u got millionaire yuppies with da same powers i got holding down football sized lofts downtown cuz they were savvy enough to stay in them when NYC was a isssh hole.

welfare my ***.

No one is trying to take your happiness, we trying to drive home the point that you're a hypocrite, and no one is envious of you life

hypocrisy? ya sound like ya flustered that im doing me cuz i worked for it & tryin to discredit it. *yawn*. :lol:

ya not tried of going down da same street with me? :lol: im not changing how i see da world, i aint mad a white folks, and frankly dont care bout em good or bad...im all about this bread b. i suggest everyone else do da same and see how marvelous ur loves turn for da better. :smokin

Hypocrite because you're on a welfare program telling folk to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

oh really welfare ehh? u a straight liar b.

wellfare programs are meams tested...care to explain what income means test has to do with my arrangement? :nerd:

Rent control is a welfare program B, face it

your opinion isnt rooted in fact. sorry.

why not attack the inequality in the system though? why do we have to accept that the system isnt fair for some but its perfectly fine for others? none of what you suggested attacks the root of the problem. doesnt fix why so many socioeconomic issues disproportionately affect minorities. advocating for 2 parent households wont fix that. Having 2 poor parents doesnt change the fact that poor people dont have the same access to resources as those that arent poor. merging of incomes isnt a cure all.

Last edited:

You're paying below market value for an apartment in New York City because of rent control laws.

It may not be DOSS or Food Stamps but it's in the same vein.
wrong. u got millionaire yuppies with da same powers i got holding down football sized lofts downtown cuz they were savvy enough to stay in them when NYC was a isssh hole.

welfare my ***.
I take issue with both examples. Not sure how your example changes my point at all.

Either way both of you are taking advantage of the system as people who as capable of paying market value but refuse to because of a technicality.

Wrong is wrong.

Last edited:

welfare my ***.
do you have a football sized loft downtown???

Dude really bragged about overtime and paid time off. Most people with halfway decent jobs have both lol you ain't special.

why not attack the inequality in the system though? why do we have to accept that the system isnt fair for some but its perfectly fine for others?

because life aint fair. making it fair is a fantasy.

so u go at life by preparing yourself and not worryin about da next man.

So how can you make a statement like that if you're not Hispanic?
Lemme rephrase that....

Through my own personal life experience in living and working in 3 countries with Hispanics

I feel some Hispanics are indeed self hating and whitewashed.

There.....my bad!

I would also say the same about some people of Afro American and Caribean, Southeast Asia and Northern African descent!

Last edited:
Lemme rephrase that....

Through my own personal life experience in living and working in 3 countries with Hispanics
I feel some Hispanics are indeed self hating and whitewashed.

There.....my bad!

Whew! Ok then, glad you covered billions of Hispanics with your limited "life experience". You clearly know them well :lol:

because life aint fair. making it fair is a fantasy.

so u go at life by preparing yourself and not worryin about da next man.

Life Isn't fair that's true. But it's the governments job to maintain the balance where they have their hands. Meaning if public school is a constitutional right the caliber of education you get should not vary so drastically depending on where you live.

Charter School is just Alternative School, ish is worse than public school. Teachers dont care becausd they get fatter checks than regular public school teachers, and the funding goes into useless ish

Ok now you're being butthurt.....
It's pretty clear what I meant, but go ahead get in your feelings about my opinion.
You can pick away at it until your brain hurts at this point..
Oh Yeah, I'm hurt because you're soooo right.

Hey everyone! The hood's chatty patty is now an expert on the Hispanics and their culture. Need to know anything, he's got you covered :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom