The Ninjahood Thread [Formerly the White Fragility Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thread ninjahoodwinked

It's so obvious that I feel stupid saying it amongst other adults, but acknowledging the realities of the world instead of ignoring it eventually makes for a better place. As has been stated before, most of us are doing much better in life than being a truck driver, so nobody is blaming anyone for anything. It's just acknowledgement of realities.

When you don't acknowledge systemic racism, then the only plausible justification for the plight of African-Americans is actual racism. And no I'm not black or poor, I just don't tell myself fairytales about why others aren't as "good" as I am to make myself feel better about my position, that they're somehow inferior which means I'm superior in some way.

Impoverished black communities are the most easy to comprehend case studies of the power of socioeconomic factors, if you study it and still don't get it then you're either too simple or just choosing to be ignorant to stroke your own ego more.

Pretty much.

Well said

This is a wasted convo, all son will see is blaming others despite most of us being in a better socioeconomic standing than he is, acknowledging something that undoubtedly exists. Like ya'll in the house, what you complaining for? Unconscious incompetence.

that infograph is more of an indictment on da faltering nuclear family and how to save it, da pervasive relationship between single parents & da government, and da need to pursue a higher education.
the decline of the nuclear family isnt the cause of quality schooling being absent in low income inner cities, mostly inhabited by minorities. the decline of the nuclear family doesn't explain why minorities are disproportionally poor when compared to their white counter parts. the decline of the nuclear family doesn't explain employment inequality. the decline of the nuclear family, specifically in these low income, majority minority areas is a by product of generational inequality.

but the point i was trying to make was against the whole "I did it, and my family did, so that means everyone can do it" when in actuality every single person who has said that is the exception and not the rule. That mindset is clearly not a natural or overwhelmingly present byproduct of being a generationally poor minority. or if it is than it clearly isnt enough to get 70% of people born poor out of poverty.

Last edited:
So let me get this straight.....

Having a Cuban in a safe deposit box. With 200 sneakers in my 500 sqft apartment living with my Moms. With no car or ability for advancement is all good because I got PTO and OT possibilities
laugh.gif

Ninja is in his mid 30s, benefits from a huge welfare program, is probably not leaving his mom's place because he knows that if he does he will lose the legal right for him to inherit it, but wants to tell other folk (doesn't matter if these people have personal success themselves, that doesn't stop da strawman ) to pick t to themselves up by their bootstraps (while not wanting the government to help them).

Oh but because his cuzzo is mad successful, that proves his point.

Ohhh, What a time to be delusional :smokin

Last edited:
i dont even care about how ninja wants to make his living. people prosper in different ways and thats fine im not going to attack him for that.

i just hate when people paint this picture of blacks spitting in the face of opportunity for an easier life on welfare because they don't want to work hard or because some how theres a culture thats exclusive to black people that glorifies living off of the government.

my dad tells me all the time how many things he would have done differently if he knew back then when he first immigrated that he knows now. being generationally impoverished puts millions of people in a perpetual state of "not knowing" because their parents never knew it, because their neighbors never knew it, because their schooling never gives them the opportunity to know it. the stars align for some people and they get out via opportunity or luck. but the fact remains the same that the large majority dont.

Last edited:
the decline of the nuclear family isnt the cause of quality schooling being absent in low income inner cities, mostly inhabited by minorities. the decline of the nuclear family doesn't explain why minorities are disproportionally poor when compared to their white counter parts

actually it does.

http://newsone.com/1195075/children-single-parents-u-s-american/

and let's not forget, charter schools are under attack from teachers union when they have become one of da best options people of color have had in picking da best education options of choice parents.

I tell you what I hope one day I too can live the american dream of moving into a closet at my moms crib and pretending I'm still 16 forever.

View media item 2133992

:lol: all cats can do is go negative and be salty when opinions dont corelate with their view point.

bozo mentality.

no one here can take my happiness..its fun seeing u try thou.

Last edited:
No one is trying to take your happiness, we trying to drive home the point that you're a hypocrite, and no one is envious of you life

No one is trying to take your happiness, we trying to drive home the point that you're a hypocrite, and no one is envious of you life

hypocrisy? ya sound like ya flustered that im doing me cuz i worked for it & tryin to discredit it. *yawn*. :lol:

ya not tried of going down da same street with me? :lol: im not changing how i see da world, i aint mad a white folks, and frankly dont care bout em good or bad...im all about this bread b. i suggest everyone else do da same and see how marvelous ur loves turn for da better. :smokin

Don't let these guys steal your happiness with all of their logic and reason

like blaming a entire group of people for minorities societies ills & calling all white people racist? :lol: [emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji] bravo we've become no better than Stormfront.

Last edited:

hypocrisy? ya sound like ya flustered that im doing me cuz i worked for it & tryin to discredit it. *yawn*.
laugh.gif

ya not tried of going down da same street with me?
laugh.gif
im not changing how i see da world, i aint mad a white folks, and frankly dont care bout em good or bad...im all about this bread b. i suggest everyone else do da same and see how marvelous ur loves turn for da better.
smokin.gif
I don't think anyone wants you to be mad at white people...we just want you to recognize the absurdity of saying the things you're saying about accomplishing things, and using a regular lower-middle class life as proof that you've accomplished the American Dream.

Our people are always very satisfied with accomplishing the bare minimum of being able to pay your bills and live 'comfortably' because of our starting point.

Single parents in the U.S. were more likely to be employed — 35.8 percent compared to a 21.3 percent average — but they also had higher rates of poverty, the report found.
this article doesnt say or even imply that being a single parent was the reason people were poor. Correlation does not equal causation. 

there's plenty of articles indicating you're well better off in a 2 parent household as a means to escape poverty..thats a statistical fact.

hypocrisy? ya sound like ya flustered that im doing me cuz i worked for it & tryin to discredit it. *yawn*. :lol:

ya not tried of going down da same street with me? :lol: im not changing how i see da world, i aint mad a white folks, and frankly dont care bout em good or bad...im all about this bread b. i suggest everyone else do da same and see how marvelous ur loves turn for da better. :smokin

Hypocrite because you're on a welfare program telling folk to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

And I can't walk down the streets you do, I can't afford to pay free market rent to live in NYC (and still have money to help my mom, sister and grandma the way i want, and live in the same comfort I do now; I like have a nice backyard.)

But you know what's funny, neither can you.

-But I have been down many more streets than you, lived in more states, in another country, been living on my own for most of my adult life making my own way. And I'm still not blind to systemic racism

Maybe you should try that, get you of the security of your mom's home, the government's largesse, and NYC's amenities

Then lecture

Last edited:
there's plenty of articles indicating you're well better off in a 2 parent household as a means to escape poverty..thats a statistical fact.
absolutely, and the person with $3 in their pocket is better off than the person with $1. But both of them are screwed if it costs $5 to eat.

Poverty rates are higher among single parent homes regardless of race.

but to imply that the shortage of stable mothers or fathers is the cause of poverty in majority minority areas as opposed to being a side effect of it? without even looking i can be pretty certain research favors the ladder position more than the former.

edit: also

One big problem with this claim is that family composition in the US is not that much different from family compositions in the famed low-poverty social democracies of Northern Europe, but they don't have anywhere near the rates of child poverty we have.

image%20%289%29.png

A number of studies  have tested this family composition theory using cross-country income data and found, again and again, that family composition differences account for very little of the child poverty differences between the US and other countries.

Testing this hypothesis turns out to be really simple. The first thing you do is create a number of family categories. In a 2008 study of this sort, the family categories were: 1) married couple, 2) cohabitating couple, 3) single dad, 4) single mom, and 5) single mom with other adults in the household. The second thing you do is figure out what percentage of all the children live in each kind of family arrangement. The third thing you do is figure out the child poverty rate for each of the family categories (with poverty defined here as families with less than 50 percent of the median income). By multiplying the percentage of children living in each family category by each categories' child poverty rate (and then summing the results), you get the overall child poverty rate.

From there, it is simple enough to just hold the child poverty rates for each family category constant and alter the distribution of children across family types. The following graph is what you get when you use this method to simulate what the US childhood poverty rate would be if children were distributed across the five family categories in exactly the same proportion as children in Finland, Norway, and Sweden are (these being the three countries with the lowest childhood poverty rates):

image%20%282%29.png

Holding all else equal, if the family composition of the US matched the family composition of Finland, the child poverty rate in the US would fall from 22 percent to 21.6 percent. If the US had Norway's family composition, the US child poverty rate would increase from 22 percent to 22.9 percent. For Sweden's family composition, it'd increase all the way up to 25 percent. If anything, the family composition of the US is keeping child poverty down somewhat relative to these countries.
http://www.demos.org/blog/4/14/14/single-mother-child-poverty-myth

Last edited:

Hypocrite because you're on a welfare program telling folk to pick themselves up by their bootstraps.

oh really welfare ehh? u a straight liar b.

wellfare programs are means tested...care to explain what income means test has to do with my arrangement? :nerd:

Last edited:

oh really welfare ehh? u a straight liar b.

wellfare programs are meams tested...care to explain what income means test has to do with my arrangement? :nerd:

Rent control is a welfare program B, face it

You're paying below market value for an apartment in New York City because of rent control laws.

It may not be DOSS or Food Stamps but it's in the same vein.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom