The Ninjahood Thread [Formerly the White Fragility Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
when have full blown blanket generalities ever worked?
This coming from da so called indapendant making blanket generalizations about liberals on a near daily basis :lol:
Take your own advice.

Last edited:
I hate to get personal but lets just keep it all the way G here if the world is your oyster then why your black as almost 40 & still cooped up at moms place tryna finance a damn Cuban? For someone with such lofty ideals why are you not doing so much better?

Point blank it's one thing to deny something & have legitimate reasoning behind it, but you enter into clown territory when you begin to deny reality and on top of that have nothing to show for it but your mother jumping hurdles over shoe boxes in that cramped up space

Denzel-nod-shake.gif

Do you guys think systemic racism can be fixed? 

Yes. It will take some extreme policies to get the bits are the city and local levels, but great gains can be made.

However it is so baked into the "system" that parts of our entire socio-economic system have to be completely reworked.

That's partly why I'm a big fan of moving towards social democracy.

Last edited:
i feel like ninjahood is the perfect example of being a product of their environment.

Yes. It will take some extreme policies to get the bits are the city and local levels, but great gains can be made.

However it is so baked into the "system" that parts of our entire socio-economic system have to be completely reworked.

That's partly why I'm a big fan of moving towards social democracy.
Dat Scandinavia life 
nthat.gif

It is straight up bull **** to say that everyone that talks about systemic racism is looking for someone sort of cop out.

Most everyone on NT that talks about it is educated, has good jobs, and live decent lives. Yet, that doesn't excuse us having to live under a system of white supremacy.

Once again, practicing self reliance in your personal life, and being against white supremacy, are not mutually exclusive ideas.

Even upper class blacks, and their children, still get messed with.

They aren't mutually exclusive, but the latter often works against the former.

When minority youth face adversity academically or economically, it's a strong temptation to justify giving up with why bother trying [and risk failure] if the system is rigged and it's just going to hold me down? It's this temptation that contributes to a culture among black youth that says if you try to excel in academics, you should be shamed and considered an uncle tom.

Last edited:
I hate to get personal but lets just keep it all the way G here if the world is your oyster then why your black as almost 40 & still cooped up at moms place tryna finance a damn Cuban? For someone with such lofty ideals why are you not doing so much better?

-where this this "im almost 40" trope come from? :lol: i was born in 83

-i make a very solid living driving Trucks, most of my immediate peers are still at home wit their parents with college degrees wit meh jobs. add to da fact my apt is dirt cheap & in my Dominican enclave.

-everything i wanna do is at my disposal..if i wanna take OT routes and make even more bank? green lit, if i wanna take a paid vacation right now, im good to go, my cuban as good as owned, my piece sittin in my bank deposit box.

-i have everything i ever wanted to wear at my disposal, can go and travel anywhere whenever i decide.

because i worked and achieved, i can and do things i think and aspire to, why even think about "they"?

telling people about "invisible systemic forces holding them back" robs folks aspirations & hope.

installing baked in bitterness of ish thats history isn't effective versus taking opportunity u see here in da US & exploiting it for your benefit.

im a happy dude for it, thanks to mom dukes & my pops to a point.

When minority youth face adversity academically or economically, it's a strong temptation to justify giving up with why bother trying [and risk failure] if the system is rigged and it's just going to hold me down? It's this temptation that contributes to a culture among black youth that says if you try to excel in academics, you should be shamed and considered an uncle tom.

preach.

sky's da limit should be everyone's Modus operandi.

No, racism comes from personal feelings. Not laws and policies. And both sides, all sides actually need to improve. It's like saying a guy and a girl who broken up, needs their relationship fixed but no one wants to change, in order to succeed in a fixing a relationship, both need to change.

Try being different in Japan, or China, or Argentina, etc etc etc, you will experience systematic racism.

Also, in general, I've came to the realization that racism is natural for man because we judge people. It's part of our human DNA to be aware of our general surroundings, for general survival. My theory.

What good is an option if you don't take advantage?

thats like saying why have a gun of u not shooting anyone.

peace of mind b.

you say you can go anywhere you want, yet you stay in the same 10 mile radius

i live in NYC b...u really gonna act like my "10 mile radius" isn't some of da most hallowed ground on planet Earth.

and i got a passport, can go fly whenever, my cuzzo works at da airport..my fares b dumb cheap..but i love NYC so much i rarely am in a mood to leave...imma visit my pops in BONAO this Winter..but not before i go to Miami to my other cuzzo & go pick up that cuban at Grimal..most likely after Halloween.

see that mind set? i wish everyone had it...years ago when da money was alot better more people did, i wanna get back to a place where more people doing what they want thwit da bread they making.

NYC =/= the world. you have a passport yet you only visit DR and it's because you feel comfortable. step outside your comfort zone.

NYC =/= the world. you have a passport yet you only visit DR and it's because you feel comfortable. step outside your comfort zone.

da beautiful thing about making da money u want is ur able to create your comfort zone..so at this point i do what makea me happy, u do what makes you happy.

what i eat dont make you ****.

everyone is entitled to their own dream if they work for it.

i understand that. you talk about how the world is your playground yet you confine yourself to particular places. kind of redundant

No one is knocking what makes you happy, we're knocking using anecdotal evidence to argue against macro trends, especially when that experience is so narrow.

yall always lettin this dude derail threads w nonsense 
mean.gif

who cares about what he thinks he knows or where he comes from

can we focus on white people and white fragility?

No one is knocking what makes you happy, we're knocking using anecdotal evidence to argue against macro trends, especially when that experience is so narrow.

da entire US Dominican population is "anecdotal"..i dont see how u cant use successful stories of many minorities and use da model to upscale that.

da response i always hear from folks who wanna perpetual "systematic/structural" meme is "well not everyone can so we gotta make da system overcompensate...etc.." and thats where folks lose it & go off da rails..

life isn't fair...life is what u make of it.

if i walked about all day mad i didn't have da physique of lebron James and getting Alex Rodriguez checks if be bitter as eff.

that systemic rhetoric breeds disenchantment & disenfranchisement. aspirational words tend to go ALOT farther.

Last edited:

da entire US Dominican population is "anecdotal"..i dont see how u cant use successful stories of many minorities and use da model to upscale that.

da response i always hear from folks who wanna perpetual "systematic/structural" meme is "well not everyone can so we gotta make da system overcompensate...etc.." and thats where folks lose it & go off da rails..

if i walked about all day mad i didn't have da physique of lebron James and getting Alex Rodriguez checks if be bitter as eff.

that systemic rhetoric breeds disenchantment & disenfranchisement. aspirational words tend to go ALOT farther.

One you can't speak for all Dominicans, hell many Dominicans probably don't share your world view on many things. Second you willingly ignore tons of research by social scientist pointing to systemic racism

Third, who are you preaching to, me? Other on NT that talk about systemic racism?

You think we just stay at home blaming the "man", don't trying to better ourselves? Nearly all the dudes you lecture to are educated, have nice careers, and live good lives. You brag about things that for many is par for the course. I'm make decent money, I help support my mother who lives across the country, I'm paying off my sisters student loans because, she out the country and I own businesses back in the islands.

I have built a decent life for myself, but my personal success doesn't blind me to the fact their is systemic racism. And that's true for many others

I'm not using as an excuse in my life, most people on this board is using at an excuse in their lives, you really need to drop that line of thinking.

Last edited:

No one is mad they dont walk around looking like lebron james b, people are mad because when they walk into interviews and they dont look the part because of skin color they dont get the job, people are mad because they get pulled over for being black, people are mad because they get unjustly followed around stores, people are mad because inner city schools dont get the same funding for education rich towns do. Just because it hasn't happened to you( which it probably has but because you have the mindset of ben carson you probably wont notice) doesnt mean it dont happen to other people. Nobody is asking for hand outs we just asking to be treated the same when we walk through that door for necessities we need ie: Jobs, Education, shopping for items needed to live, etc. if you cant understand that and sympathize with that you are truly lost b.

One you can't speak for all Dominicans, hell many Dominicans probably don't share your world view on many things.

Dominicans on da island & da ones making money enterprising all share my sentiments.

if u go out and get it? u shall be rewarded.

some of us go out and getting by any means (no encouraging) but i can say none of us sitting around waiting for ish to happen.

If we had that defeated systemic mindset my parents wouldn't even left da island.

ninjahood doesn't believe in systematic racism because he has never stepped outside his comfort zone. if he were to go somewhere and experience he would change his mind set. yet i feel he never will do so. and it's pretty sad

Last edited:
One you can't speak for all Dominicans, hell many Dominicans probably don't share your world view on many things.

Dominicans on da island & da ones making money enterprising all share my sentiments.

if u go out and get it? u shall be rewarded.

some of us go out and getting by any means (no encouraging) but i can say none of us sitting around waiting for ish to happen.

If we had that defeated systemic mindset my parents wouldn't even left da island.

So you're going to ignore my entire post just to focus on this one line, and in your answer you move the goal post too.

This is why some dudes see no point being civil with you.

Ok famb. :rolleyes

Just from now on miss me with the implication that talking about systemic racism means I'm blaming your people for the lack of success in my life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom